Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2018, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-5 View Post
Hey, I don’t get it. OP has been a member since 2006, with over 2000 posts, and has never read one the the hundreds of posts that regularly appear on this forum about Buds?
i know about Buds, just never bought from there. there are also some anti Buds posts and videos out there too.

and to be honest, i dont think i have ever read any posts on this site abut Buds, not that they dont exist, i just didnt read them. you need to see what categories (forums) i post in most often, and i dont browse across forums that often.
Old 02-27-2018, 10:06 PM

Yes, never had a problem.
Old 02-27-2018, 10:10 PM

I've made 9 orders with them since 2015, and that's good for about 11/12 guns.

One order out of 9 left a bad taste in my mouth, but they made it right. So I don't hold it against them. I had just come off buying something else when I got the notion I needed a 10mm. So I dropped 600 bucks on a Delta and stuck it on layaway. A Month or so later I submitted the last payment, waited a week for it to ship, only to be told they didn't actually have my gun.

It was out of stock evidently, but they had just gotten in the Delta's with the wood grips. They were going to give me 30 bucks, but I wanted the gun I paid for. They ended up giving me the wood gripped Delta at cost. It ended up literally being a couple dollars more than the first one, so I had to submit another payment and waited another damn week.

I got my gun. I've bought another half dozen guns since then from them.

I like Bud's, but will buy from anyone who has the lowest price and a local FFL on file.
My last two guns came from KYgunco.
1911forum member #7
ACCEPT NOTHING LESS THAN FULL VICTORY!"
General Dwight D. Eisenhower June 6, 1944

Last edited by Jason D; 02-27-2018 at 10:13 PM.
Old 02-28-2018, 09:13 AM

Yes, Yes, and Yes = on 4 guns so far
Old 05-12-2018, 10:45 PM

Buds guns good and bad

I have done business with Budsgunshop.com on 3 occasions. The first 2 times, I received what was ordered with no problems, other than it took so long, I suspected they did not actually have the firearms in stock as advertised.

Here are the facts of my last transaction. I don't believe I'll roll the dice with them again.

An order was placed for item 719020902, and the order number was 2426457. This item is 1911 type pistol, that the item number both depicts (photograph) and describes has having metal checkering on the front of the grip frame.

My FFL person delivered this item for me on Saturday, May 5, 2018, and upon opening the box,founde that he pistol was as ordered EXCEPT FOR the checkering mentioned above. It should be noted that I did complete a FFL transfer form, prior to opening the package.

On Monday morning May 7, 2018, I telephoned Buds Guns , and expressed my concern that I did not receive what was ordered, and inquired about returning the pistol, and obtaining a replacement with aforementioned checkering. I was told that they would contact the manufacturer and call and or e-mail a response later that day.

I did not receive a response, so a e-mail was sent Tuesday evening, May 8, 2018, addressing this issue, and again asking for an exchange, or return for refund.

Again no response, so I telephoned again on Wednesday evening, May 9, 2018, and was told I would be contacted the following day with a response. The response was that Bud Guns would not allow this item to be returned or exchanged, because to much time had passed, and I had filled out a transfer form.
Old 05-12-2018, 11:02 PM

Contact the manufacturer to see if that model # was supposed to have checkering or not. Perhaps they will take care of the issue, if a issue exists?
Old 05-12-2018, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout373 View Post
My FFL person delivered this item for me on Saturday, May 5, 2018, and upon opening the box,founde that he pistol was as ordered EXCEPT FOR the checkering mentioned above. It should be noted that I did complete a FFL transfer form, prior to opening the package.
Once again another case of agreeing to Bud's Terms and Conditions without reading them or paying attention.

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/shipping.php
NEW FIREARM RETURNS

VERY IMPORTANT - FIREARM RETURNS!! Please take your time to inspect all firearms thoroughly BEFORE proceeding with the transfer. Once a new firearm is transferred to you, it is considered used, even if unfired. Consequently, we cannot accept returns on firearms once they have been transferred into your possession. Also, we DO NOT reimburse FFL transfer fees on returned items. **Upon discovering a defect AFTER the transfer, the firearm MUST be returned directly to the the manufacturer for replacement or repair (in accordance with manufacturer's warranty policy). By sending a defective firearm directly to the manufacturer, you can avoid the unnecessary transfer fees associated with returning the firearm to us through your local FFL dealer. Manufacturer repaired firearms can be returned directly to the customer without additional FFL transfer or associated fees. BudsGunShop.com will provide a prepaid label to ship the firearm to the manufacturer, if a prepaid label is not covered under their warranty.

Also right under the picture:
*Please Note!! Many of our pictures are stock photos provided to us by the manufacturer and do not necessarily represent the actual item being purchased. Please verify this picture accurately reflects the product described by the title and description on this page before you place your order.
http://www.stdgun.com/1911-case-colored-1-engraved/

Last edited by scottl; 05-12-2018 at 11:46 PM.
Old 05-13-2018, 12:38 AM

I just got one from Buds this week and the transaction was perfect! Also I am a veteran and took advantage of their discounts they have on certain pistols. Usually they have the best prices and their setup is very professional!
Old 05-13-2018, 03:42 AM

I’ve only order one 1911 Ultra. Everything about the transaction was perfect.
Old 05-13-2018, 05:47 AM

Here's my take. You need to do some price comparisons before buying. Sometimes Bud's is the low man and sometimes they're a little out of whack. Do your homework.

This next issue I have absolutely no information to validate, but I always try and avoid making a purchase if their site says five guns or less on hand. I feel like those might be flawed in some way. If they have less than five of a hard to find gun, and they can't move those in their store, then I think they throw them online hoping they get snapped up. Another thing I wonder is if those hard to find guns have already been rejected by another buyer and they keep getting relisted until sold. The reason for me thinking this way is the last two guns I bought that were limited in quantity had some imperfections in some way.
Old 05-13-2018, 08:45 AM

Terrible.

Best prices, fast shipping (1-2 days max), on line FFL list pretty accurate (mine went out of business and it showed on their site within a week or so), and worst, the ugliest gun ever!

Proof:

Old 05-13-2018, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earlsbud View Post
Ditto.

I ALWAYS look at Buds prices before making a decision for myself or advising friends.
Ditto x2.

And...I have bought several pistols from them. I like that they allow the option of an electronic funds transfer when paying by check. Don't have to pay the additional up-charge credit card fee...and don't have to wait for snail mail to deliver the check.
Old 05-13-2018, 09:01 AM

I have purchased more than one from Buds and was always satisfied. The lay away deal is nice when you don't want to pay it all up front. Always shop around because there can be better deals. I was looking for another pistol recently and found the same model a lot cheaper at another retailer that I had never purchased from. I thought it was to good to be true in the price difference but took a chance. I got what I wanted a lot faster and no up charge for using a CC.
Old 05-13-2018, 12:19 PM

Bought 5 handguns from Buds and have had satisfactory experience from them.
Old 05-13-2018, 01:13 PM
Banned

I’ve purchased about 6 or 7 now from Buds and not one issue to this point. Just sad to see the PayPal option to go bye bye but I kind of expected that at some point to happen. Especially since no gun purchases were already their policy.
Old 05-13-2018, 01:17 PM

I've bought two firearms from Bud's and both orders went well.
Mark
Old 05-13-2018, 02:54 PM

The only issue with buds is they never update their stock photos.

Other than that they are great.
Old 05-13-2018, 03:06 PM

I have bought almost all my guns from Buds, 18 to date.
Old 05-13-2018, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Midnight View Post
This next issue I have absolutely no information to validate, but I always try and avoid making a purchase if their site says five guns or less on hand. I feel like those might be flawed in some way. If they have less than five of a hard to find gun, and they can't move those in their store, then I think they throw them online hoping they get snapped up. Another thing I wonder is if those hard to find guns have already been rejected by another buyer and they keep getting relisted until sold. The reason for me thinking this way is the last two guns I bought that were limited in quantity had some imperfections in some way.
Bud's states very clearly that the inventory online is different than what's in their bricks and mortar store. I can attest to this personally. Bud's is local to me and I've gone into buy a gun I've seen online, only to find out they don't have them in their store. I have to order it and pick it up when it comes in.

A while back the local store stopped matching the price listed online, at least on a couple of guns I purchased. They did discount their in-store price a bit, but not to the online price. I suppose they have more expense in selling a gun through the local store than online and the prices reflect that.
Old 05-14-2018, 06:53 AM

There have been plenty of threads about Buds in the past. I always throw Lanbos Armory into the mix. Usually cheaper, almost always in stock and super fast turnaround.
Old 05-14-2018, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyJim View Post
Bud's states very clearly that the inventory online is different than what's in their bricks and mortar store. I can attest to this personally. Bud's is local to me and I've gone into buy a gun I've seen online, only to find out they don't have them in their store. I have to order it and pick it up when it comes in.
^Works the same way at Grabagun here in TX.
Old 05-14-2018, 09:16 AM

I've bought 2 or 3 from Buds as well as other items. Everything as advertised. Good to do business with.
Old 05-14-2018, 11:30 AM

I just wish they had the guns in Stock that they advertise, on several occasions their prices were lower on new but l bought elsewhere where they were actually available. NBD I'm not complaining as they seem to be a good and trustful seller.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 05-14-2018, 03:07 PM

I've bought 2 guns from Bud's, and have been satisfied with both transactions. What I always do when I buy online is call and have them confirm the price and if they actually have the gun in inventory. This seems to work well for me.
Old 05-14-2018, 03:28 PM

I've bought several guns from Buds in the past and they generally do fine by me. Having said that, I can virtually always find a cheaper price, even if I have to pay for shipping. But that entails quite a search across the web. One other thing about Buds. Track the gun price over a couple of weeks if you can. Find other prices and if Buds is around that price, go ahead and buy. But Buds changes prices frequently and it can be a fairly significant difference. I've seen and bought guns from them when the price has varied as much as $200 on a $1,500 gun over a short time span. That was the most change I've seen but it's worthwhile to just track the price for a couple of weeks.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure.” Thomas Jefferson
Closed Thread