1911Forum banner

Addiction?

45K views 152 replies 48 participants last post by  Pipe.Guy 
#1 ·

Summer Specials for just about everything, some people could confuse that with an addiction... I just call it being appropriately outfitted. ;)

See less See more
#6 ·
I noticed that today on Facebook (only have it for companies and no one can see me). They look great. I’m just a little addicted to Milt Sparks, also. The only holsters and mag pouches that I use.

Now to figure a way to get a Heirloom Precision into one of them. :)

#9 · (Edited)

5 Shot IBS holster show in optional rough-out construction

Sparks Summer Special and Del Fatti ISP - Two outstanding versions of the classic Bruce Nelson design.

Sparks Summer Special and 5 Shot IBS - The lineage of the IBS holster can be seen in this comparison photo.

The horizontal stitch that can be seen between the belt loops helps secure the loops to the holster body and prevent the rig from shifting or pivoting on the belt.

Supported by a proper belt, the closely fit belt loops help lock the holster in place.

The IBS is available both with and without a body guard/sweat shield.

I collected those pictures that Mr. Burton posted at LTW and consolidated them here.

Jason, what if we turn this thread into a Jason Burton Leather Collection post? similar to the Thad Rybka Rhodesian thread. You can post all of your holster p o r n here, no leather thong please.

#25 ·
Yeah, we’re truly blessed that way. :biglaugh:

Just curious but why are some of the Sparks SS2's pictured above boned for the muzzle, dust cover and slide and some are not?
As a point of clarity, with the exception of the N-frame holster these are all original Summer Specials not the Summer Special 2.

In either case, the detail molding/boning you see on some of those rigs is from use (quite extensive use on the S/S in the middle of the top row). They all basically looked like this when they were new.

#22 ·
Thanks for posting the photos JB and RT.

Just curious but why are some of the Sparks SS2's pictured above boned for the muzzle, dust cover and slide and some are not? My MS SS2 is boned as are my MS VMII and 60TK. (The SS2 has become my favorite.)

For those that want a Sparks SS2 and don't want to wait, Brownell's has them in stock with free shipping. I discovered this on the Sparks site under authorized dealers.

#28 ·
More of my addiction... :biglaugh:

The belt, holster, and mag-carrier all made by John Ralston at 5 Shot Leather. The holster is his Old School Speed Scabbard and for range work this remains one of my favorite holsters to wear. It’s comfortable, secure, and fast while also looking outstanding and oozing pure class. It’s good that I was able to have a quality photo of the rig taken because none of it looks anywhere near that new any longer.

#31 ·
Man I like those summer specials....has me wanting one to try out over my crossbreed.
If you try a Summer Special you'll likely find there is no comparison between the two... but I could be biased.

The IBS with the sewn loops, is that more annoying to use since you have to thread it on the belt?
Not at all, but the truth is I always thread my belt through the loops regardless of the attachment/closure. The only time I ever use the snaps is if I need to take it off without removing my belt.

#33 ·
Another one from my continuing addiction... this set is from Erik Little at Rafter L Combat Leather.
I have two of his Selous Scout holsters with mag carrier (smooth inside and out) for my full-size 1911's, need to get one or two for my Pro size guns..he makes a very classy holster.

And for most range-training days I have a few of the Spark's 1AT-RT's in both sizes. I have been planning on a Thad Rybka Rhodesian as well. Ugh, this does become an addiction in and of itself!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.