1911Forum banner

What’s Your Favorite Sparks Holster

12K views 61 replies 41 participants last post by  bluelund79 
#1 ·
Very simply what is your favorite Milt Sparks Holster and why.

I have two. OWB is the 55BN and IWB is the Criterion. I use them daily and go back and forth between the two. For me they both conceal very well with a t-shirt and an oversized button up shirt. Certainly the Criterion is slightly more concealable but not by much and the comfort of the 55BN is fantastic. I’ve been carrying for over 40 years and these two are by far the best holsters that I have used during that time. Recently switched from the VMII to the Criterion but the VMII is also a great holster. Really like the extra cant and my hands also like the magnetic closures on the Criterion

I will admit that I am very brand loyal once I find a company that produces fantastic quality, superb craftsmanship and also has excellent customer service. Milt Sparks does those three very, very well. With the shark trim, I don’t need anything more from holster.

Just curious what others have as their favorite Sparks holster(s).

#3 ·
I have the Summer Special II for my Colt Commander. I use Milt Sparks belt and double magazine pouch also. Their gear works great. I like the SSII because of the metal reinforced mouth and the built in sight track. I find it to be a very comfortable IWB holster that conceals very well. Quality is excellent on the holster, belt and magazine pouch.

I can carry my all steel Colt and two spare 8 round magazines with zero discomfort all day long using Milt Sparks gear.

Worth the wait!

#7 ·
I had a Watch Six with snap loops years ago. Sold it. Regretted it ever since. No longer made and I have yet to run across one for sale used... The Watch Six was a collaboration with Alessi. It was a pancake IWB but with single thickness Horsehide and no reinforcement. It was very thin, comfortable and concealable.

Here's a pic borrowed from the interwebs... http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m35/mikedils/Gun Stuff/DSC_0009.jpg

#9 ·
I had a Watch Six with snap loops years ago. Sold it. Regretted it ever since. No longer made and I have yet to run across one for sale used... The Watch Six was a collaboration with Alessi. It was a pancake IWB but with single thickness Horsehide and no reinforcement. It was very thin, comfortable and concealable.
Help you out with a picture of a sample that belonged to a friend of mine.

#12 · (Edited)
Interesting that most of the 55BN’s are the straight drop. Mine are with the slight cant and I like it very much. Was back at the range today and since I’ve been carrying my 55BN most of the week that is what I shot out of. Just a superb holster in function and design.

I’ve been using some Milt Sparks holsters for about ten years with some others thrown in but have gone to strictly just using the Criterion and 55BN for everything right now, unless it’s a quick trip to the hardware store with the P238 that I do not have a Sparks holster for.

I have some of their magazine carriers and they are also of the highest quality. After my next order arrives I’m thinking of a black shark belt to fill out my collection. Been in the habit of placing a new order the day after my order current order arrives. Spaces out the payment pretty nicely and I always have something coming from Sparks to “patiently” await. My current order is a 55BNSH for a standard Commander length 1911 and a dual mag pouch for single stack magazines. My current 55BNSH is for my railed EDC X9. Once the current order arrives I’ll probably be selling some of my other holsters and I’ve actually already sold several this summer.

#16 ·
The Criterion for IWB - the spread of the loops spreads the weight. The relative flatness of the inside leather piece is exceptionally comfortable. Also, the magnets are much more forgiving / easier to use than the one-way snaps.

I have 1ATs for all guns I get to use at the range when shooting from the draw is allowed. They’re just too easy to draw and re-holster, and hold the weapon well. I often wear it in the winter with longer jackets / coats.

#19 ·

Attachments

#28 ·
The Criterion about 80% of the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.