1911Forum banner

Vintage Milt Sparks 1911 Duty Holster

3K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  BobD. 
#1 ·
Does anyone know about this holster? I emailed Milt Sparks and they said: It isn’t an HSR, it’s earlier than that. There were several similar style tension welt holsters and this one is close to being a Bakersfield.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
That holster you have there was called the model #445. It was made in several iterations from the mid 70's through the mid 90's.

Judging by the way the thumb paddle is incorporated, your holster was probably made in the late 80's early 90"s. The #445 was not a cataloged item.

Hope that helps.

#6 ·
Milt Sparks model 445

The #445 was not a cataloged item??? I do not understand. How did they sell them? Did they sell it to police department. People at Milt Sparks said it looks like a Bakersfield. Could a Bakersfield be a model 445. I read that in 1986 Bakersfield Police Department bought Milt Sparks holsters for all its officers. Could they have been model 445's. Thanks for your help.

#7 ·
I had one of those that I used on duty in the late 80’s. It wasn’t a cataloged item. as I recall, it was referred to (at least when I ordered it over the phone from Milt Sparks), as a “BPD” or Bakersfield PD. It was made for them, and was their issue duty holster. Mine was for a standard 1911.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.