1911Forum banner

Vintage Milt Sparks Gurus Step Inside Please (question about an oddity)

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  DubfromGa 
#1 · (Edited)
So I acquired this very odd Boise marked summer special. It is commander length but check out the photos. It appears to be covered with some sort of nylon. Now normally I would think someone has modified it however the stitching appears to be original like this holster was built this way.

Anyone know if this was ever an option?

Edit: Per Milt Sparks this may be a rare “Summer Special 3” which was only offered a very short time.

See less See more
#4 ·
It was called the SS-3 and It would have been one of only a couple dozen made in the mid-ninety's.

The first one, was requested by, and made for a guy that spent a lot of time in the tropics. The body material is a urethane backed cordura, laminated to the leather shell with wader repair adhesive.

#7 ·
It was called the SS-3 and It would have been one of only a couple dozen made in the mid-ninety's.

The first one, was requested by, and made for a guy that spent a lot of time in the tropics. The body material is a urethane backed cordura, laminated to the leather shell with wader repair adhesive.

Thank you Mr. Kanaley! I appreciate that information that’s exactly what I was looking for. Thank you for taking the time to share.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.