1911Forum banner

AK-FAL-Etc Pics (AR pics have their own subforum)

992K views 2K replies 732 participants last post by  Hawkeye fan 
#1 ·
Show your Baby......... I'll start.

See less See more
#2,307 ·
I have a Norinco M305 (NOS at $ 800) but been longing for a SA for a while.

They are very expensive new here in Switzerland (add 10% for US$) but now I found a lightly used (500 rds) one from a private seller.

I was told it was built in 2011

I bought it and it was delivered last week, it came with three mags, a 10 and two 20.

Can’t wait to get out and shoot it some, I have a good stash of ammo for it.

#2,311 ·
Stopped into a LGS just to look around and ended up walking out with a NIB semi auto Thompson 1927A-1 it came with one drum, one stick, violin case and normal case.

Outstanding!!! You'll have a lot of fun with that one. If you want to go one better, SBR it. The proper length barrel will give you the right balance back, then you can use it in Steel Challenge like I do mine!!!

Nothing beats the style and grace of a classic!!! :)

Gun Firearm Air gun Wood

#2,318 ·

Pre ban Poly Tech model AKS-762 7.62X39mm stamped receiver wood stock with spike folding bayonet imported in 1989 by Keng's Firearms Specialty (KFS).

Pre ban '89 KFS Poly Tech AKS-762 7.62X39mm synthetic folding stock with optional made in US AK-74 style muzzle brake.

Pre ban somewhat rare '89 KFS Poly Tech AKS-762 wood stock with folding steel long stock (Galil type) with optional factory vented upper handguard and AK-74 type muzzle brake.

Reactions: mlin and fnfalman
#2,319 ·
This is a recent purchase of mine. I have had the traditional M1A for a number of years now. But I was tempted to step out and give this Socom a try. Right now it's boresighted to 100yrds and puts all them in a tight little group. I haven't tried to shoot the barrel hot enough to let the zero wander much. Right now this is my favorite pick today.

#2,324 ·
Very nice. My Hog getter is similarly outfitted though its not a SOCOM 16, just an AR308. But it does have a 16" bbl, Strike Eagle 1-8. I really like the 1-8 Strike Eagle. So much so that I used one on my Caribou hunt a couple years ago and harvested an animal with an off hand 200yd shot. It withstood the rigors of Miles and miles of seriously rocky and bumpy ATV trails, and held zero.

Reactions: SFC Rick
#2,325 ·
Those are very good rifles. I had a SOCOM16 and a Scout rifle, loved them both. Once they issued us Larue .308s, I traded mine for a small frame AR for 3gun. Not that I think of it, rather thanbuying my Larue when I retire, I may let them keep it and use the money for another SOCOM. The only issue I have with them, is I can never get the bolt back in after cleaning, EVER!!

#2,329 · (Edited)
Whenever I posted my WWII Tommy gun, references were made to “Combat”, the 60’s television series, which I didn’t know. So I started watching it on internet. In addition to Sgt Saunders’ Thompson, lots of M1 Carbines are featured in the show (as well as Garand and BAR).

I also recently scored 1900 rounds of cheap ammo.

So I started keeping an eye out for one and started learning about them. Members DSK, Sconie and mlin were helpful in an unrelated recent thread.

And as I am on a lucky streak these days, this little rifle popped up on the website of an LGS. He’s been hit hard by restrictions related to Covid, especially at the range which is a big part of his business, and he is offloading lots of weapons with discounts to generate cash.

The gun has some patina but is in very nice condition and the bore is excellent. Price was $ 595.-

It looks like it avoided the post war upgrades

Barrel is marked (hard to photograph)

Underwood
2-44
Flaming bomb
“P” proof mark

Brigadier General Guy H. Drewry and Underwood Elliott Fisher initials with the crossed cannons

I was allowed onto the range in order to test fire it

15 shots slow fire at 25 m standing

Then 3 shots to the head slow fire and the rest in rapid fire, at 50 m standing

I think it’ll fit very nicely in my small WWII U.S. weapons collection

S&W Victory

Colt 1911A1

Remington Rand 1911A1

Thompson 1928A1

I’ll need to take a family photo

#2,334 · (Edited)
About what I paid for my Inland M-1 Carbine ...but ended up with a 14 1/2-yr waiting period: bought for Dad's birthday / Christmas gift in '06. Him getting to a suitable range got to be too much and he gave it to me this week ... along with a few hundred rounds of ammo: some probably left-over from his '07 Christmas gift.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.