1911Forum banner

What’s Your Favorite Sparks Holster

12K views 61 replies 41 participants last post by  bluelund79 
#1 ·
Very simply what is your favorite Milt Sparks Holster and why.

I have two. OWB is the 55BN and IWB is the Criterion. I use them daily and go back and forth between the two. For me they both conceal very well with a t-shirt and an oversized button up shirt. Certainly the Criterion is slightly more concealable but not by much and the comfort of the 55BN is fantastic. I’ve been carrying for over 40 years and these two are by far the best holsters that I have used during that time. Recently switched from the VMII to the Criterion but the VMII is also a great holster. Really like the extra cant and my hands also like the magnetic closures on the Criterion

I will admit that I am very brand loyal once I find a company that produces fantastic quality, superb craftsmanship and also has excellent customer service. Milt Sparks does those three very, very well. With the shark trim, I don’t need anything more from holster.

Just curious what others have as their favorite Sparks holster(s).

#32 ·
IWB - Milt Sparks Criterion

OWB - Tucker HF1

-Ray

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#36 ·
I love the Axiom for OWB. I wear the VM2. I would like to order the Criterion in the future, seems like everyone likes it a little better than the VM2.

Milt Sparks belt is the best I've ever worn. I wear mine everyday even when I'm not carrying.

I am like pipeguy, love the sharkskin.

Attachments

#43 ·
I agree. Their newer ones look cheaper-made.

#42 ·
Criteria

Very simply what is your favorite Milt Sparks Holster and why.
Just curious what others have as their favorite Sparks holster(s)
The Criterion: not sure that counts as they are my only Milt Sparks holsters.

Why?
Comfort.

Concealability.

Easy of mounting and unmounting.

The last is impotant to me because, at first, I used a different holster on days that I expected to mount and unmount. With a little practice, now it's the Criterion essentially every day.

#44 ·
The Nexus for me. Without the reinforced mouth it's thinner than the Criterion, and I've never once had a problem with mine closing up on me.

Add a couple of the incredibly well-designed S-4C mag pouches and hang it all on a Sparks belt, and that's about as good as it gets as far as I'm concerned.

#51 ·
I hope this is a good place to ask a question. I want a MS IWB holster, but you guys have me wondering about choice. I would appreciate hearing specific reasons for choosing the Criterion over the VMII. And, how do the magnetic fasteners stay closed/secure?

Thanks for your help.

#52 ·
The magnetic closures are great and I have never had one open.

The VMII sits a little higher and has a little less cant. Also distance between loops is a little more with the Criterion. Here’s a photo with a VMII and a Criterion side by side. Tried to angle them as they would sit on a belt.

Both are great holsters but I prefer the Criterion.

Attachments

#58 ·
The magnetic closures are great and I have never had one open.

The VMII sits a little higher and has a little less cant. Also distance between loops is a little more with the Criterion. Here’s a photo with a VMII and a Criterion side by side. Tried to angle them as they would sit on a belt.

Both are great holsters but I prefer the Criterion.

Great post and picture and I completely agree. While the VM2 is a great holster (as is every leather product Milt Sparks makes) it sits a little too high for me. I’m a muscular dude and have some big lats, so with a VM2 the gun will literally start digging into my back a bit. It’s no fault of the holster, just my body structure. The Criterion has worked extremely well for me. It rides lower and the magnetic snaps are awesome. I’ve worn the Criterion for a few years now and never have I had one come open when I didn’t want it to. Was at the range today practicing everything from concealment. Did multiple draws and never even thought about the snaps because they just work. If I have one criticism of the Criterion it’s that it is canted juuust a little too much for my taste, but for comfort and concealment, it can’t be beat IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#54 ·
I have the Criterion for Commander size and Officer size and have used each about a dozen times. Not once have magnets come open without me pulling them open. I much prefer the cant of the criterion as, for me, it makes it easier to reach and draw gun. As I get older, not as flexible as I used to be!

#56 ·
Although not a fan of pancake holsters, I do like their TK60. It rides high and hides a full-size 1911 very well. The older version is better looking, though, and goes for high prices on Ebay.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.