Who is going shooting tomorrow? - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 12-31-2019, 12:54 PM

Who is going shooting tomorrow?

I'm hoping to. Supposed to be a storm coming in??
Old 12-31-2019, 01:04 PM

Gonna try to, I'm in Florida though so not as easy to do on a whim lol
Carry gun:Wilson Carry Comp Custom .45S Pocket carry:on loan Other 1911s:WC Supergrade Accucomp .38, WC BW Opticomp, WC CQB Compact, WC CQB Professional, WC Super Sentinel, WC CQB Elite 9mm, WC EDC X9, WC X9S, Ed Brown SR, NHC Predator II Opticomp, NHC T3 Hardchrome, Kimber Ultra, ATI Tactical, RIA Tactical 10mm, Kimber Ultra Diamond 9mm, Detonics Combat Master MKVI, Colt Centennial .460 Roland
Old 12-31-2019, 02:04 PM

I'd love to go but need to load some rounds first. Have some data from my last shoot and still have not adjusted my press for new dimensions. Busy tonight, naturally, so probably gonna do a range trip this weekend.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2019, 02:15 PM

Just got back from the range. It was empty and I was able to do some testing with my X95. Love that gun.

Of course I'll probably be back tomorrow for some Trap.

www.blackrivertraining.com
Old 12-31-2019, 06:03 PM
Administrator

The local range is closed tomorrow so it looks like I'll be having to finally get around to cleaning some of my guns instead.
Avoid the temptation to replace everything on your brand-new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot at least 500 rounds through it first, then decide what you don't like and want to improve. Regarding vintage 1911s, pre-1970 pistols are highly collectible in original, unaltered condition and should NEVER be refinished or modified as it completely ruins their monetary value.
Old 12-31-2019, 06:36 PM

I took the boys to Nevada today (tradition here in our family) to go out in the desert and shoot full auto and .50 BMGs...

They donít allow fun toys like those here...so we spend my retirement money (their inheritance) on renting a few choice shooters...

They love doing it...and I love watching them having fun doing it!
Old 12-31-2019, 07:20 PM

My range is closed tomorrow or I would be there.
Old 12-31-2019, 07:59 PM

Backyard range will be open here.
Old 12-31-2019, 08:08 PM

IDPA match at 9:00AM in PHOENIX. Not many slots available. See you there.
Old 12-31-2019, 08:11 PM

I need to go but probably going to be Saturday before I can get there.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Old 12-31-2019, 08:19 PM

Went this afternoon...Fired my new-to-me, lightly used, early model Brazilian PT92 that I picked up yesterday...Put 100 rds through it...It's a great shooter...
I have been looking for a great deal on a Beretta 92/M9 type pistol for quite some time, and stumbled across this PT92 at my LGS while someone was trading it in...Got a great deal on it...Granted, it's not an M9, but it scratches the itch for a fraction of the price...May head out and squeeze off a few tomorrow...
Old 12-31-2019, 08:35 PM

About every place will be closed here tomorrow so I went today!
Old 12-31-2019, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deo62 View Post
Mine too. I'll be banging some steel with a couple friends.
I thought this was a gun forum. The rules read "This sub-forum is for general gun-related discussion only. No political commentary or other off-topic discussions are allowed, nor subjects that barely have anything to do with guns or shooting. The only section where off-topic discussion is currently allowed is in the special sub-forum created for site supporters.
Old 12-31-2019, 09:52 PM

I will be, but I’ll be waterfowl hunting. Got the spots scouted, time to start the 2020 hunting season the right way!
Old 12-31-2019, 10:09 PM

My range is open if the sliding patio door is not frozen shut! It might be odd to some people that I shoot in the house out the door, but there is a foot or two of snow outside!
Old 12-31-2019, 10:23 PM

I will be sleeping tomorrow, I'm working tonight and ringing in the new year with the kiddos at Children's Medical Center.
Old 12-31-2019, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight Medic View Post
I will be sleeping tomorrow, I'm working tonight and ringing in the new year with the kiddos at Children's Medical Center.
Good for you and thanks for doing it. Iím sure it means a lot to the kids that you are caring for.

NRA Benefactor Life Member
Old 12-31-2019, 10:45 PM

Went out in the desert with my Son today and had a great time.
Old 12-31-2019, 11:35 PM

I'll take Markham Park for 100 yards, Mr. Vaccaro. Just me n' my henry.

And my Colt at 25 yards.

And my Sig at 10 paces.

That is, of course, if Markham's even open today. If not then any ole range will do. I just want to shrink my group size with the Henry
-----------------------^--------
Member NRA, GOA, SAF, VCDL, FL Carry
Old 01-01-2020, 04:32 AM

going shooting on New Year's day.....

I live six miles from one of the best outdoor private gun ranges in the state of Florida......the Port Malabar Rifle & Pistol Club. I shoot at least 3 or more times per week, and will be going there this morning.

The club hosts many different shooting disciplines and competitions: trap, skeet, sporting clays, IDPA, USPSA, Steel Challenge, Action Steel, 3-gun, high power rifle, submachinegun matches, Cowboy Action, and NRA Outdoor Bullseye. I may have missed something.....

The club is never closed to members, and is open for shooting from 8am to 1/2 hour before sunset every day, and even on holidays! To gain access to the club, the members are issued a gate pass card, so when arriving at the gate, a scanner picks up the card when held about 10" away form the scanner, and the gate slides open to allow entry......the same procedure is used when leaving the club..... Membership is $150 per year, and the only other fees are for shooting various competitive shooting matches.
Old 01-01-2020, 05:30 AM

I avoid going to the public indoor range on New Year's Day for the same reason I avoid driving on New Year's Eve - too many impaired people. Some range plans with others didn't happen last week, so we attended worship on Saturday evening and I had a working session alone on Sunday morning with three 9mm guns.

DW Valkyrie commander: my favorite carry gun which performed flawlessly and makes me look like a lot better shooter than I am with other guns.

CZ 75 compact PCR w/ Cajun pro package and Dawson sights: this gun arrived from CGW at the end of the summer. It's only been to the range a couple times, when I went with others, and I hadn't really worked with it. I confirmed my previous impressions that I need to align the sights as it shoots left for me and it has a nasty trigger slap I need to investigate.

Beretta CX4 Storm carbine w/ Sig red dot and Streamlight light / green laser: This is my primary bedside gun because this short, light, carbine with a 16" barrel and red dot is very easy to shoot quickly and very accurately at home defense distances up to 20 yds. I confirmed that both the red dot and laser are still dialed-in for those distances despite the jostling and dry-fire practice this gun gets.

I limited the trip to three guns knowing I needed to have cleaning time before we attended a post-Christmas party.
Attached Thumbnails
fullsizeoutput_b49.jpeg  
Old 01-01-2020, 06:10 AM

Not today, but tomorrow...STI-CC, just got the cracked slide replaced - need to break it in (the slide stop is not working well and I hope a shoot fixes it), and Annual-Winter-Shot gun shoot (I prefer doing this with a winter coat over the recoil pad :-)).

Also bringing my WC-CC in case the STI has problems...Love the STI - shoots very well, but is has been back 3 times in 2 years for warranty, not very impressive in that regard. The WC-CC was back once for a trigger tuning NOOB (didn't meet my expectations), but the gun is built much tougher than the STI (really no comparison in this regard).
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper

Last edited by combat auto; 01-01-2020 at 06:31 AM.
Old 01-01-2020, 06:47 AM

My son and I went last night. Great to shoot with him as always. I never knew how much shooting could be enhanced until my son got old enough to go to the range with me. These day I shoot less and watch him more. It is more fun than the "old" days when I was single.

Working today so one of my employees could take a trip with his family.

Happy New Year.
Old 01-01-2020, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deo62 View Post
Mine too Kids are coming over and we got burgers for the grill. Who says you can't bbq in january.
Old 01-01-2020, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarmy View Post
I took the boys to Nevada today (tradition here in our family) to go out in the desert and shoot full auto and .50 BMGs...

They donít allow fun toys like those here...so we spend my retirement money (their inheritance) on renting a few choice shooters...

They love doing it...and I love watching them having fun doing it!
Very nice. Full auto will eat the bank account for sure. Next time you come to Vegas and you want to go crazy with money check out the helicopter gunship tours.

https://gunshiphelicopters.com/