1911Forum banner

The last gun

11K views 60 replies 41 participants last post by  1911crazy 
#1 ·
You own you would go to if SHTF. Discounting reliability, I don't own any guns that aren't reliable. I'm thinking my single six. 6 shots of .22 out of a pistol is not going to accomplish much. Great gun for plinking but way to many other options. If I limit my choice to centerfire, probably my P64. Again, capacity would be the issue plus slow mag changes with the euro style mag release. Plus its only good for very short range with the tiny little sights. Rifle, I'd leave the mosin nagant in The safe. To heavy to carry around, ammo hard to find and I can't hit squat with it. Big heavy tough round though.

#5 ·
My NAA .22LR mini-revolver. Absolutely useless as a firearm, even though it's well-made and incredibly cute. I'd rely on my Jennings J-22 before that thing, because a sharp knife is far more effective as a weapon.

#9 ·
LOL.. now that's funny. Good one!

My scary black sporting rifle because of distance, accuracy and capability. Side arm, depends. SHTF I don't care about conceal-ability so probably either my P220 or 1911 for durability and up-close defense.

LOL.. ex-wives. If we could only know how to marry the 2nd one first..

#14 ·
War Wagon, if zombies are overrunning your position, you just need to be faster than the next guy.

Recognize any of them Scubadad? I'm still laughing over that one.

#17 · (Edited)
Last gun? I’m thinking about a game/ meat getter. Being stealthy is required because of uninvited guests. One shot and anyone in the area will come running.

Stealth= co2 pellet gun for smaller game there’s a co2 rifle for hog hunting. Very quiet when hunting. Even a BB gun. Next on the list is a 22 short single shot or pump, bolt rifle?

Think meat..?

Bigger guns for self defense if needed.

Zombies are we being warned on what’s to come?

#21 ·
My last would probably be might 410/45 LC Cobray/Leinad double barrel Derringer. Loading it is a chore, there is no extractors (I often have to pull cases out with a screwdriver or pocket knive, because of this.), the safety switch is sticky, and the small bird's head style grip makes recoil sharp and painful. I once fired a 3 inch magnum in this gun. I thought I broke my fingers at first. This is truly the worst gun I own.

#25 ·
Probably my Berretta model 21.

Or my Harrington and Richardson .22 revolver.

#26 ·
Main thing I want if I have to BO is fire power and reliability. So my choice is my Rock River Ar Op 3 with my eotech and my Sig P229 elite. If my wife comes with me she gets the FN s2000 gen1 and the XDm9. Going to have be a hell of reason to bug out as to leave all the other fine arms at home. I would do better to bug in.

#30 · (Edited)
Depend if long or short term. The guns I leave behind if its collapse of civilisation level are the biggest ones. The keeper is 22LR for me, in anything. Its multiple times cheaper and lighter than anything else, I'll be shooting years after the 9mm guys are empty and have reverted to using spears. Its more lethal than many think. Hardly a long range option but for comparison 22LR still has energy to penetrate 12" gelatin at 200 yards, check it on youtube. It goes straight through windshields, house doors, up to 12 layers of dry wall, and will kill hog or deer with base of ear shots. I have hunted with it here quite a bit, as its legal to do so. You are passing up more shots but its still a lot better than a bow and arrow.

#31 ·
What's disturbing is that the last guns most of us would want to have around in an emergency situation are pretty much the only ones the anti-gunners are remotely okay with us keeping. The more practical it is for serious use the more likely they want to ban it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.