New EGW ignition kit in my Aegis - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 10-20-2018, 08:26 AM

New EGW ignition kit in my Aegis

The pistol came with a pretty decent trigger but after 700 rounds I thought I'd see if I could make it better. I received the EGW lightweight kit yesterday but the main spring was for a regular frame and not the bobtail so I just used the old one. You can see the weight difference before and after and it has a better feel to it. The trigger still has a slight amount of creep if you really pay attention but I'm not going to worry about it until I get a few hundred rounds through it and add the new spring. Fortunately the thumb safety dropped right in and it passed the function tests so we'll see how it goes this weekend.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0571.jpg   IMG_0577.jpg  
Old 10-21-2018, 07:41 AM

A Harrison TR kit made a nice difference in my KHX also.
Old 10-21-2018, 02:23 PM

Brazos Custom Gun Works triger pack!

I installed the 'Brazos Customs' Pro Series Trigger Group' in my Kimber Gold Match I and it was definitly worth the moderate price. Made a great gun, really shoot better. Check it out. http://www.1911store.com/tunedtrigge...proseries.aspx Super crisp, super light, quicker lock time!! Drop in kit... may need a little spring tuning.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2018, 03:10 PM

I brought it to the range yesterday and everything worked out as planned. There's a huge difference between the stock trigger and this one. Best money I've spent.
Old 10-23-2018, 11:17 PM

It’s great that you were able to “upgrade” your pistol. Do you notice a difference when shooting as much as when dry firing? My KHX came with a trigger pull just over 6 pounds with a little creep. By adjusting the sear spring I got the pull down to a safe 3 lb 4 oz and removed virtually all of the creep by boosting the trigger per Weigand’s instructions. It’s really nice, but not as crisp as my Dan Wesson. I don’t notice it when shooting so haven’t bothered to put in different parts, but may someday.
Jeff
Old 10-26-2018, 05:14 PM

mliebs8, thanks for the report. I've used EGW's precisely dimensioned, machined and finished stuff for years, but not the ignition parts yet. I did once get an EGW part that was out of spec. Sent it back, EGW promptly got back with me, fessed up and said yep, machined wrong. They sent me a new part right away. EGW parts and service are Golden in my book.
Old 10-26-2018, 08:22 PM

Nice.