RI Governor suspend the Constitution - Blockade of NY cars - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 03-27-2020, 09:13 AM

RI Governor suspend the Constitution - Blockade of NY cars

Welcome to the new STASI - the US National Guard.
Bad things are coming.
https://theconservativetreehouse.com...t-new-yorkers/
Hi Standard Sentinel Deluxe
S&W Model 19
Old 03-27-2020, 09:35 AM

I have the book from where this quote is taken:

“[…] but after all, it is the leaders of a country who determine its policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag people along whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliamentary system or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. This is easy. All you have to do is to tell them that the common cold has turned into a terrible contagion, and denounce the non-believers for exposing the country to danger. It works the same in every country.”

– Hermann Göring
Old 03-27-2020, 09:44 AM

Murphy (NJ) may follow suit with the NY commuter traffic. He seems to enjoy all this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2020, 09:53 AM

They tried this during the great depression to keep Oakies out of California. Courts told them they couldn't do it.
Old 03-27-2020, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverboys View Post
Welcome to the new STASI - the US National Guard.
Bad things are coming.
https://theconservativetreehouse.com...t-new-yorkers/
LOL,,, it may be wrong but I think most of us really want to keep New Yawkers out of our state!
Old 03-27-2020, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plantar5 View Post
Murphy (NJ) may follow suit with the NY commuter traffic. He seems to enjoy all this.
Murphy has a head start, he already has storm troupers called the NJ State Police.
Old 03-27-2020, 12:57 PM

First, as a point of clarity, there is no such thing as the "US Nation Guard". They are State, in this case RI, citizens and troops. When employed domestically, they are under the operational control of their respective State leadership- even with Title 10 funding.

That aside, is this a surprise to anyone?
I must study politics and war, that our sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. Our sons ought to study mathematics and philosophy, geography, natural history and naval architecture, navigation, commerce and agriculture in order to give their children a right to study painting, poetry, music, architecture, statuary, tapestry and porcelain. ~ John Adams
Old 03-27-2020, 02:11 PM

Monroe county in Florida is doing the same thing.

Monroe is the county that covers the Florida keys and parts of the swampy part of the Everglades National Park (no people but alligators live there).

The local PD, Sheriff's Deputy have formed roadblocks and no one is allowed into the Keys unless they can prove they live there full time, or have official business like trucks delivering goods or are employed there at an essential business. Part time property owners are also prohibited.

https://www.wlrn.org/post/florida-ke...ck-locals-only
Quote:
The Monroe County Sheriff's Office is setting up traffic stops at mile marker 112.5 on U.S. 1, the county line, and on Card Sound Road.
and

Quote:
Proof of residency includes a hurricane-entry sticker, local I.D., utility bill, deed, lease or tax bill.
This isn't just a state line border issue... it is now becoming a county line issue as well. Some legal analysts have said it may be 100% legal under some state emergency declarations that allow local officials to dictate how they will manage their localities.

Last edited by PolymerMan; 03-27-2020 at 03:13 PM.
Old 03-27-2020, 02:48 PM

Here in Virginia.

They are setting up machine gun nests along I-81. Anyone heading South with New York tags gets bagged.
Old 03-27-2020, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMM guy View Post
They are setting up machine gun nests along I-81. Anyone heading South with New York tags gets bagged.
I hope you're joking. And if you are, that's pretty inappropriate at a time like this.
Old 03-27-2020, 06:34 PM

We’ve been looking for reasons to keep Mass-holes out of NH. While I’m all for restricting the movements of Mass-holes and generally turning them away, I won’t ever support what that See You Next Tuesday in RI did. Wait until the powers that be decide to restrict people from moving across town lines.
Old 03-27-2020, 07:52 PM

This article also quotes her as saying the Natl Guard will go door to door looking for New Yorkers.
Yes military troops going door to door looking for a certain group of people.

https://www.wpri.com/health/coronavi...avirus-update/
COTEP#782
Old 03-27-2020, 08:13 PM

Talking

Couldn't happen to more deserving people!
Old 03-27-2020, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7.62Kolectr View Post
This article also quotes her as saying the Natl Guard will go door to door looking for New Yorkers.
Yes military troops going door to door looking for a certain group of people.

https://www.wpri.com/health/coronavi...avirus-update/
And yet these are the same people who actively fight and refuse to cooperate with ICE when ICE is attempting to actually arrest criminal illegals.

R.I.P. Miss Andi. It was a fine, long run old pup and I miss ya. AIW
Old 03-27-2020, 08:28 PM

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/03...d-new-orleans/

Life Member-National Rifle Association, Member-Texas State Rifle Association
Old 03-27-2020, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL Perdido View Post
That’s as laughable as the one our gov here in Florida did which is basically the same thing. We are just gonna trust NY’ers fleeing from there and coming here to south Florida to self-quarantine? Yeah right. That to me is a completely separate discussion.
Troops going door to door looking for certain kinds of people is worrisome to say the least.
COTEP#782
Old 03-27-2020, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7.62Kolectr View Post
That’s as laughable as the one our gov here in Florida did which is basically the same thing. We are just gonna trust NY’ers fleeing from there and coming here to south Florida to self-quarantine? Yeah right. That to me is a completely separate discussion.
Troops going door to door looking for certain kinds of people is worrisome to say the least.
Prohibiting the interstate travel of citizens, regardless of situation or circumstance, is worrisome.

While, in theory, I'd be happy for it to be a felony for anyone from NY, NJ, and points North, to stop and exit the I95 in NC, freedoms of movement is Constitutionally protected....
I must study politics and war, that our sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. Our sons ought to study mathematics and philosophy, geography, natural history and naval architecture, navigation, commerce and agriculture in order to give their children a right to study painting, poetry, music, architecture, statuary, tapestry and porcelain. ~ John Adams
Old 03-27-2020, 09:39 PM

Good grief, can no one read? Several states are requiring inbound travelers from high case areas to self quarantine after arrival. Air PAX from several areas arriving into TX are being told to self quarantine. Quarantine authority is the Governor, verification courtesy of our Governor with our blessing. That’s what is happening here. No more, no less. If you fly to TX from high case named origins, you will quarantine yourself for the designated 14 days at the place of your choosing subject to random in person welfare checks. No one says you cannot come, but rescheduling the visit for a later date is suggested.
Old 03-28-2020, 09:23 AM

I really wonder how many will actually self quarantine themselves. I doubt it works. Look at all of the spring breakers who were defying the requests to stay home. I was reading an article about the coastal communities putting up road blocks to keep the rich New Yorkers from fleeing to their beach homes though.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/coro...212622496.html

Last edited by earlwb; 03-28-2020 at 09:45 AM. Reason: add more info
Old 03-28-2020, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolymerMan View Post
LOL,,, it may be wrong but I think most of us really want to keep New Yawkers out of our state!
We should build a big beautiful wall and have New York pay for it.
Old 03-28-2020, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wccountryboy View Post
Prohibiting the interstate travel of citizens, regardless of situation or circumstance, is worrisome.

While, in theory, I'd be happy for it to be a felony for anyone from NY, NJ, and points North, to stop and exit the I95 in NC, freedoms of movement is Constitutionally protected....
Exactly. And now Trump says he's considering a quarantine of NYC and NJ...

Where are all of the "Don't Tread on Me" folks now?????
Old 03-28-2020, 02:51 PM

They are all in their cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRSOtto View Post
Heading South.
Old 03-28-2020, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMM guy View Post
Heading South.
Clearly.
Old 03-28-2020, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRSOtto View Post
Exactly. And now Trump says he's considering a quarantine of NYC and NJ...

I brought this up weeks ago when there was first talk of travel restrictions and lockdowns.... and the response here was "meh..." However, NICS gets shut down, and everyone flips a lid....

Rather Animal Farm-esq... "All rights are created equal- but some are more equal than others".

If you're not willing to make some noise about ordered lockdowns (with criminal sanctions for violation), and closed interstate borders, you've lost all credibility on any Constitutional issue- including the 2A. You've forfeited your opinion....
Old 03-28-2020, 04:30 PM

There are different ways to look at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wccountryboy View Post
I brought this up weeks ago when there was first talk of travel restrictions and lockdowns.... and the response here was "meh..." However, NICS gets shut down, and everyone flips a lid....

Rather Animal Farm-esq... "All rights are created equal- but some are more equal than others".

If you're not willing to make some noise about ordered lockdowns (with criminal sanctions for violation), and closed interstate borders, you've lost all credibility on any Constitutional issue- including the 2A. You've forfeited your opinion....
If someone tells you that you can not do something that you have no wish to do. How upset about it are you really going to be?