HR 5717, ‘‘Gun Violence Prevention and Community Safety Act of 2020’’ - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 03-21-2020, 12:23 PM

HR 5717, ‘‘Gun Violence Prevention and Community Safety Act of 2020’’

Rep. Hank Johnson, the genius that said Guam would tip over if Marines were moved there from Okinawa, has introduced a new gun control bill.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-...ouse-bill/5717
https://www.firearmspolicy.org/oppos...l-gunpocalypse

In short, HR 5717 would:
Create a nationwide gun registry.
Ban almost all semiautomatic rifles.
Institute a federal magazine ban.
Implement national "Red Flag" gun confiscation.
Tax guns at 30% and ammo at 50%.
Ban Citizens under 21 from exercising their Second Amendment rights.
Ration guns by making it illegal to purchase more than one firearm in a 30-day period.
Force "Safe Storage" requirements on gun owners.
Ban home builds (80% lowers?).
Ban suppressors.
Force FFLs to spend massive amounts of money to comply with new "security" requirements.
Expand "Gun Free Zones".
Require Citizens to get permission to by firearms and get a FEDERAL firearms license.
Old 03-21-2020, 12:31 PM

Nothing new here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welder Guy View Post
Rep. Hank Johnson, the genius that said Guam would tip over if Marines were moved there from Okinawa, has introduced a new gun control bill.

In short, HR 5717 would:
Ration guns by making it illegal to purchase more than one firearm in a 30-day period.
Ban suppressors.
Force FFLs to spend massive amounts of money to comply with new "security" requirements.
Expand "Gun Free Zones".
Require Citizens to get permission to by firearms and get a FEDERAL firearms license.
They likely get a couple bills like this per week floated out there to see if they can generate any interest. That is what the Demos consider good governance.
Old 03-21-2020, 12:36 PM

Seriously why we need criminal prosecution for public servants that flagrantly violate their oath of office... and the Constitution.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2020, 01:20 PM

I think Old Hank tipped over long ago.
Old 03-21-2020, 01:33 PM

I hope they do get the gun control fires stoked up again before the election. There is a possibility that this virus and all the panic buying might cause a few of the halfway rational undecideds (if there are any left) to see just how gun control only hurts those trying to obey the law. Those that are irrational anti gun leftist will never see the light and nothing on earth will change their minds.

Some of these folks wanting a gun now are seeing a waiting period and background checks for the first time. The inability to order a firearm online and have it sent straight to their home is all new to some people. I hope some of them wake up.
Old 03-21-2020, 03:20 PM

This will surely be our future if Dems somehow win the White House and both house of congress.
Old 03-21-2020, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fafhrd View Post
this will surely be our future if dems somehow win the white house and both house of congress.
yep😐
Old 03-21-2020, 03:42 PM

Every time I see a firearm-related Bill/proposal from a Dem who often claims to "support the 2A", it really stretches the definition of hypocrisy to a higher plateau.

Their blatant dishonesty and subterfuge is off-the-charts disgusting.

"Freedom is only a temporary thing unless it is backed by the blunt capability and willingness to fight back against evil with sufficient arms." -- Myself
Old 03-21-2020, 05:27 PM

The chance of this bill becoming law is the same as Hank Johnson becoming a member of Mensa.
Old 03-21-2020, 05:30 PM

I wouldn’t have thought they had time for this type of nonsense given every thing else that is currently going on.
Fools, one and all.......

"That which you come by too easily, you value too lightly."
Old 03-21-2020, 06:55 PM

Quote:

In short, HR 5717 would:
Ban suppressors.
Expand "Gun Free Zones".
What is beyond full retard? Fuller retard.
Old 03-21-2020, 06:58 PM

And still, some chuckleheads here at the 1911 Forum will pull the lever for Democraps.
Old 03-21-2020, 07:00 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ope135 View Post
The chance of this bill becoming law is the same as Hank Johnson becoming a member of Mensa.
There was a time when nobody even bothered to pay attention to bills this extreme, but we live in a new era now. For a presidential candidate to proudly boast that he was going to start confiscating guns from citizens, and be loudly applauded for it shows just how far the leftists have infiltrated our government. We can no longer just assume that bills like this one will simply fall by the wayside, because the number of politicians who are actually willing to vote for it increases with every election.
Avoid the temptation to replace everything on your brand-new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot at least 500 rounds through it first, then decide what you don't like and want to improve. Regarding vintage 1911s, pre-1970 pistols are highly collectible in original, unaltered condition and should NEVER be refinished or modified as it completely ruins their monetary value.
Old 03-21-2020, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vos Parate View Post
And still, some chuckleheads here at the 1911 Forum will pull the lever for Democraps.
Leftist infestations. If not an intended infiltration, one wonders how they so lost their way.

"Freedom is only a temporary thing unless it is backed by the blunt capability and willingness to fight back against evil with sufficient arms." -- Myself
Old 03-21-2020, 08:34 PM

Quote:

NULL & VOID.

We can't take a chance on the Constitution overturning...
Old 03-21-2020, 08:42 PM

[QUOTE
In short, HR 5717 would:
Ban suppressors.
Expand "Gun Free Zones".
Require Citizens to get permission to by firearms and get a FEDERAL firearms license.[/QUOTE]

The Dems in Virginia have already passed some of these and sent them to our governor to sign. I'm sure they'll be back next year and try to get the rest passed as well. This bill provides a template or shopping list for the laws anti-gun folks will want to push through state legislatures.
Old 03-22-2020, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto Blaster View Post
[QUOTE
In short, HR 5717 would:

The Dems in Virginia have already passed some of these and sent them to our governor to sign. I'm sure they'll be back next year and try to get the rest passed as well. This bill provides a template or shopping list for the laws anti-gun folks will want to push through state legislatures.
How much you wanna bet that language was drafted by Bloomberg, or Bloomberg-funded / led organizations?

I haven't done a side-by-side comparo (there is software to find differences in code, it also works wonders for this) of other state's proposed antigun legislation.. but my gut's telling me it'll be a match.

Bloomberg is behind this, is my theory.. my hunch, my bet.
-----------------------^--------
Member NRA, GOA, SAF, VCDL, FL Carry, USCCA
Old 03-22-2020, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Grey Hare View Post
How much you wanna bet that language was drafted by Bloomberg, or Bloomberg-funded / led organizations?

I haven't done a side-by-side comparo (there is software to find differences in code, it also works wonders for this) of other state's proposed antigun legislation.. but my gut's telling me it'll be a match.

Bloomberg is behind this, is my theory.. my hunch, my bet.
I would be willing to bet a box of ammo Hank didn't come with it on his own.
Old 03-22-2020, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC shooter View Post
I would be willing to bet a box of ammo Hank didn't come with it on his own.
I’m not taking that bet, because Johnson is a bonafide moron and I agree with you.
Old 03-22-2020, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old grey hare View Post
how much you wanna bet that language was drafted by bloomberg, or bloomberg-funded / led organizations?

I haven't done a side-by-side comparo (there is software to find differences in code, it also works wonders for this) of other state's proposed antigun legislation.. But my gut's telling me it'll be a match.

Bloomberg is behind this, is my theory.. My hunch, my bet.
+1
Old 03-23-2020, 09:46 PM

Who cares? the House is just like the 9th US Circuit Court of appeals. Frequently making seriously and obviously wrong rulings and being spanked down by the Supreme Court 80% of the time. Same thing for the democrat controlled House of Representatives. They come up with BS bills that they pass and the Senate routinely slaps down their stupid bills rendering them moot. I wouldn't be concerned about anything that the democrats in the House pass. Now, if the Senate passed such a bad bill with a super majority that could override a Presidential veto, then I would be worried. Until then, these threads about House BS Bills are just that, BS.
Old 03-23-2020, 10:49 PM

There is a very clear reason.

Why we all need to keep sending money to the NRA-ILA, as well as the NRA-PVF. If we do not fight these animals tooth and nail. They will vanquish us as quick as they can. The whole idea of a citizenry equipped to provide resistance that actually has teeth. To clear imposition of hegemony by a centralized government of any sort. This clearly has them at a disadvantage.

The important thing to note here is that this is by design. Over time they will discover this, one way or another. The ones that stand the likelier chance to survive. They will understand this early on. Others with darker visions in mind. They will no doubt perish early on. This country provides no haven for iniquity. Nor will it ever over time. Something that
I have noticed lately. Is that they are really trying desperately to float the idea that supporting the rights of the second amendment to the constitution. with the idea that placing some restrictions on the same. That these ideas are not mutually exclusive.

Some forum members will I am sure straighten me out in short order. The last time that I checked. The definition of insanity was that when you did the same thing over and over while expecting different results. That this was insanity.

Some even here on the forum speak otherwise. I do not see it. We will triumph over evil. There is no other path open to us.
Old 03-24-2020, 12:25 PM

Also introduced in senate by Elizabeth Warren. Ready to attach to a must pass bill.
Old 03-24-2020, 12:48 PM

If all of these first time gun buyers out there all in a panic.

If we could get all of them to kick in ten or twenty bucks to the NRA-ILA, or the PVF. We would not have to worry about stuff like this.
Old 03-24-2020, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmm guy View Post
why we all need to keep sending money to the nra-ila, as well as the nra-pvf. If we do not fight these animals tooth and nail. They will vanquish us as quick as they can. The whole idea of a citizenry equipped to provide resistance that actually has teeth. To clear imposition of hegemony by a centralized government of any sort. This clearly has them at a disadvantage.

The important thing to note here is that this is by design. Over time they will discover this, one way or another. The ones that stand the likelier chance to survive. They will understand this early on. Others with darker visions in mind. They will no doubt perish early on. This country provides no haven for iniquity. Nor will it ever over time. Something that
i have noticed lately. Is that they are really trying desperately to float the idea that supporting the rights of the second amendment to the constitution. With the idea that placing some restrictions on the same. That these ideas are not mutually exclusive.

Some forum members will i am sure straighten me out in short order. The last time that i checked. The definition of insanity was that when you did the same thing over and over while expecting different results. That this was insanity.

Some even here on the forum speak otherwise. I do not see it. We will triumph over evil. There is no other path open to us.
+1911