Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 02-18-2020, 10:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col. Colt View Post
You are quite wrong about where Rights come from - unless they come from our Creator
A nice fairy tale. So God suddenly had an epiphany in the mid-1800s and decided that slavery was bad? Obviously, God supported slavery because it is mentioned in the bible. What about women voting? In 1920, God suddenly decided that women should have a voice in politics?

The next supreme court could decide that hate speech is not protected.
Old 02-18-2020, 10:11 AM
Adminstrator

Dude, get out of here. Go back to your DNC masters and lick their boots clean. May your chains rest lightly on you.

Last edited by LW McVay; 02-18-2020 at 11:09 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-18-2020, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LW McVay View Post

Understand this: NO MAN OR WOMAN ON THIS PLANET CAN TAKE AWAY MY RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS. How much plainer can it be said? What is so hard to understand about that?
It is a shame that this statement was not added to the 2nd Amendment when they wrote the BOR.

Last edited by SC shooter; 02-18-2020 at 11:25 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2020, 11:25 AM

Quote:
M Yaworski, if you are NOT a government plant, here to spread dissent or "locate future resistors" you are not a very good student of your Country's History, and do not understand what the Bill of Rights, the Declaration and the Constitution all mean.

The Founders were directly subject to a LEGALLY FORMED Tyranny - the Crown of England. And, until forced, they were Loyal, law abiding subjects of King George III, who did plead for their "Rights as Englishmen" - under existing English Law.

They appealed to the Crown to end Slavery in the Colonies in the 1760's - and were reminded that they were mere Subjects of the Crown (NOT Citizens), and Colonials at that, and to sit down and shut up. A few years pass and the taxes start being laid on - the Crown wanted their money back for the French and Indian War, and all governments like to tax more - particularly a minority, far away. This - the tax on Tea, the Stamp Act, the Quartering of Soldiers - well, at a certain point it became too much.

Remember that the Revolutionaries were not "Wild Eyed Pirates" or "The Criminal Class" - they were the Leadership of the Colonies - who were well read (much better read than you or I) on philosophy, Government and Religion. The existing Colleges we know so well today as Liberal Bastions were DIVINITY Schools - Teaching people to be Ministers, and centers of open thought and discussion - about as far from our current worthless colleges as possible.

They understood that their First Duty was to God, their Creator. Their second was to their Families (because God held them accountable for the results of the household they headed up) and then to their Government. But they also could think and reason for themselves - and they combined their Christian Worldview with Reason to create what became the United States - and to write the Laws that created her.

You are quite wrong about where Rights come from - unless they come from our Creator, they are only as good as the next Election, the next Vote in the Legislature. Because Rights are from God, as was already stated - NO ONE has the right to silence and prevent another from speaking, just as no one has the right to disarm and make helpless another human being (you and your opinion - or mine - are no better and of no more value than his) - particularly for the Evil purposes the Left wants to do it for today. You were right to point out the Bonus Marchers - but you missed something - if the Bonus Marchers, skilled and bloodied American WWI Veterans - had been armed - the outcome would have been different - and more well known. THAT Tyranny, bu our own Government, in Washington D.C., would have been punished immediately - and the President would have been impeached for sending the Army after peaceful protesters.

The difference in a Republic and a Democracy is that in a Democracy, you have "rule of the Majority" (mob rule, in effect). In a Democracy, if it is voted on to kill all the left handed Albinos, it is done! In a Republic, everyone is subject to The Law - ("La Publica, The Common Thing") and so murder - even when popular and agreed to by a majority of voters - is NOT allowed. Thus the importance of an enumerated Bill of Rights - these are things that the Government MAY NOT DO - Period, EVER. Thus any law that prevents my Freedom of Speech, or Religious Expression - is null and void, even if passed by a majority in Congress. Likewise, any (and there are already many) law that prevents me from owning and carrying (it says "Keep and BEAR Arms" ) is unconstitutional. Why then, do States and localities violate our Rights and why do these laws exist? Because, until now, the violations were not serious enough, or worth it, to any individual, the time and money and effort was too great to fight it out in the Courts. That is why organizations like the NRA exist - to fight for Rights which should be self evident, but Evil Men ignore the plain meaning of the law, and through clever speeches to the uninformed, get support for unconstitutional actions.

By the original meaning of the Second Amendment, local members of the Militia (and that is pretty much EVERYBODY, now that age and sex restrictions are not allowed) should be allowed (and Required or Encouraged) to have in their possession the same kind of arms "in Common Use at the time" as the Military and Police.

Colonial Militias had PRIVATELY OWNED Field Pieces - their own Artillery - and trained with them. The Brown Bess Musket of the 1770's is the equivalent of the current (yes, full auto) M4 Carbine of today - and by the intent and meaning of the Constitution, we should ALL have one. Indeed, all the original Colonies/States had a REQUIREMENT that every male head of household have, in their possession "a firelock, and twenty charges of powder and ball" to provide for "The Common Defense" or they were fined every month until they got one. Standing Armys lead to Tyranny, so everyone was a member of the Militia, and trained together on the Village Green after Church on Sundays.

The very idea that "Just Pass a Law" gives said law legal standing is False. The law must comport to the Constitutions of both the United States and the State involved - almost all of which ALSO spell out a Right to Arms for "the defense of self and the Common Defense" for all Citizens. Thomas Jefferson perhaps said it best - "You have a Right, and a Duty, to be at all Times, Armed.

For those of you who don't know the Law, or the Constitution - or where it all came from - the Judao-Christian Bible, the English Common Law, and the Great Thinkers of Western Civilization, this may all come as a shock. Because of our failed Educational System, run by little Tyrants in the Making, you were Kept Ignorant. Time to catch up on the education the State denied you - and become a Full Citizen - who is as good as any man, and whose Rights are just as Valid, as the Presidents.

More later, if needed. Much of this is no longer taught - but it is all there, in the Law and History books, if you just look. CC

I would like to say I really appreciate this great post.
Old 02-18-2020, 11:29 AM

Agree with shooter 100%. Thank you CC.
Old 02-18-2020, 10:05 PM

I'm not going to live in fear of the Sky Falling just because the democrats/communist party wants to seize my guns. They don't have the power to repeal the Constitution, yet, so I'm buying whatever I fell like buying because it's my right and I'm not going to allow "them" to abrogate my 2nd Amendment rights voluntarily by not buying guns. That's exactly what they want you to do, if they can't seize what you've got, scaring you into not buying anymore is the next best thing, for them.
Old 02-18-2020, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Yaworski View Post
A nice fairy tale. So God suddenly had an epiphany in the mid-1800s and decided that slavery was bad? Obviously, God supported slavery because it is mentioned in the bible. What about women voting? In 1920, God suddenly decided that women should have a voice in politics?

The next supreme court could decide that hate speech is not protected.
M Yaworski, God did not create slavery, or war. Man did. It was, however, the accepted consequence for losing a war - frequently due to the weakness created by ignoring God's laws - just ask the Jews who went into captivity in Babylon and Egypt each time they turned away from their God and worshiped other Gods. (Our Gods today seem to be money, power, lust and pleasure - not so different than what motivated the Hebrews to stray.) Slavery was a punishment for bad behavior - usually from moral/spiritual weakness - and it still is today - in your life and mine. Many people are right now, slaves to alcohol, sex, drugs or other pleasures of the flesh - and they worship them, not the Almighty - and it wrecks them, their families and their lives. "Nothing is new, under the Sun". Who or what do you worship, Sir?

And from what I have seen of your posts, you seem to know as little about the Spiritual Laws that run the universe as you do Constitutional Law - and nothing of the Basis for either. You probably believe that all this going on around us "just happened" - a "Big Bang" or something. That is probably not entirely your fault - anyone educated in the last forty years has been feed an anti-Family, anti-Country and anti-God worldview that ignores a LOT of evidence to the contrary, and Popular Culture reinforces it, every day. Where there is order, reason and logic, there is intelligence. Where there is no order, no reason and no logic, there is Chaos - and, usually, Liberals, Progressive and Democrats.....

And, interestingly enough, most of the Rights you enjoy yourself, like being here to express your views and debate with other pretty civil human beings in complete safety, came from these three Founding documents we are discussing - again, all based on the Judao-Christian Worldview. The only other worldview involves sacrificing children on altars to Evil - and unfortunately we still are doing that - but it's called abortion nowadays - still a blood sacrifice to selfishness, though. We are all paying for that, as we did for slavery. I would note that about 600,000 largely white people died in our Civil War ending Slavery.

God did not change his mind - he did not change a woman's role. Politicians did. So as for women voting, yes, though this may disturb your poorly educated secular worldview, God set up the parameters of the natural human family with defined Roles - with a Male Head of Household, who spoke for his entire family, provided and protected them and a Wife, who was his vital support in accomplishing this, the creation of a supportive Family Unit - bring with her own unique set of God given skills, all necessary for creating a warm and happy home. The concept of marriage was for a Man and A Woman (ONLY a Man and a Woman) to come together and become One Being - a new, unique bonded pair that would raise up their own children - in Love. With ONE Voice, together - and One Vote.

It is an unfortunate but known truth that Women are much more easily swayed by emotion and are, in general, not as likely to stand for a necessary political or religious principle as to bend in order to be liked, or to be known for being kind - even to someone who would likely hurt them. Each sex has it's place, and a specific job to do - and it could be argued that giving women the vote has given the margin of power needed for Liberal/Progressive (Evil) thought to overtake Reason, Truth and God's Law in the world. There are some great, brilliant women - but I have found most allow their emotions to cause them to lean left when left to their own devices, it's simply easier for them to go along and to avoid conflict - which is a necessary skill to a woman to ensure her children survive in the short term. But may have unintended consequences, later.

Resolution and Firmness can certainly be found in some women (Margaret Thatcher was a remarkable example) but men were left in charge by the Creator for a reason. Letting women vote weakens (in general) the political results we otherwise would have. Read the book "Brain Sex", a largely British/Canadian scientific research summary of the physical and hormonal differences between men and women's brains. Did you know that the Male brain's right hemisphere is smaller than the females? Or that women have 25 % more connections between their right and left hemispheres? Men and women are NOT the same being with just different plumbing - the wiring, chemistry and programming is quite different - and designed (by God) to uniquely suit us for our different roles.
Women are the best thing God ever created - in my view - but it's our job as men to provide, love and protect them. It is their job to create a home that makes our lives worth livng and both our jobs to come together as one and create children, only as a product of Love, to continue the human race.

I don't expect you to agree - you've been taught about Everybody's Grievances, Victimhood and "Created" Rights - (Identity Politics) which is not about joining us, but dividing us into little jealous groups, fighting instead of building and creating, scratching and clawing instead of cooperating. And all it creates is hate, chaos and strife, by not being based on God's Law, for man.
There is a Right way and a Wrong way to live - and the Results are visible.

The next Supreme Court could decide anything it likes - but that does not change one bit what is Right and what is Wrong, or what is Good or Evil - they are just fallible humans, like the rest of us. Freedom of Speech means ALL POLITICAL and RELIGIOUS SPEECH (it does not cover profanity, or yelling Fire in a Crowded Theater) is protected by the First Amendment. Them failing to follow their Oath of Office to "preserve, protect and DEFEND the Constitution of the United States" is illegal and should result in their removal. They have reversed themselves so many times (remember they said Slavery was legal, Prohibition, etc, etc.)

Whether you believe it or not, YOU are personally responsible for the things you choose to do - or NOT Do - in this Life, and you will be held accountable, one day. Each of us must operate according to what we believe - and we all shall die. Then the Truth will be known. Which Side are you on? And what did you support, Good, or Evil? CC

Certified Law Enforcement Trainer
Certified Glock, Colt and Remington LE Armorer

Last edited by Col. Colt; 02-18-2020 at 10:38 PM.
Old 02-18-2020, 11:11 PM

I sometimes wonder if some posters here are trolls, or are just so submissive they've given up before the fight had even began.

Oh well. This has been an interesting trainwreck of a thread.
Old 02-18-2020, 11:26 PM
Adminstrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNHipowerluv View Post
I sometimes wonder if some posters here are trolls, or are just so submissive they've given up before the fight had even began.

Au contraire. It has been decidedly superb.
Old 02-19-2020, 12:43 AM

Some people just fail to understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNHipowerluv View Post

That anything worth having is usually something that has to be worked for.
Old 02-19-2020, 03:35 AM

Quote:
M Yaworski, God did not create slavery, or war. Man did. It was, however, the accepted consequence for losing a war - frequently due to the weakness created by ignoring God's laws - just ask the Jews who went into captivity in Babylon and Egypt each time they turned away from their God and worshiped other Gods. (Our Gods today seem to be money, power, lust and pleasure - not so different than what motivated the Hebrews to stray.) Slavery was a punishment for bad behavior - usually from moral/spiritual weakness - and it still is today - in your life and mine. Many people are right now, slaves to alcohol, sex, drugs or other pleasures of the flesh - and they worship them, not the Almighty - and it wrecks them, their families and their lives. "Nothing is new, under the Sun". Who or what do you worship, Sir?

And from what I have seen of your posts, you seem to know as little about the Spiritual Laws that run the universe as you do Constitutional Law - and nothing of the Basis for either. You probably believe that all this going on around us "just happened" - a "Big Bang" or something. That is probably not entirely your fault - anyone educated in the last forty years has been feed an anti-Family, anti-Country and anti-God worldview that ignores a LOT of evidence to the contrary, and Popular Culture reinforces it, every day. Where there is order, reason and logic, there is intelligence. Where there is no order, no reason and no logic, there is Chaos - and, usually, Liberals, Progressive and Democrats.....

And, interestingly enough, most of the Rights you enjoy yourself, like being here to express your views and debate with other pretty civil human beings in complete safety, came from these three Founding documents we are discussing - again, all based on the Judao-Christian Worldview. The only other worldview involves sacrificing children on altars to Evil - and unfortunately we still are doing that - but it's called abortion nowadays - still a blood sacrifice to selfishness, though. We are all paying for that, as we did for slavery. I would note that about 600,000 largely white people died in our Civil War ending Slavery.

God did not change his mind - he did not change a woman's role. Politicians did. So as for women voting, yes, though this may disturb your poorly educated secular worldview, God set up the parameters of the natural human family with defined Roles - with a Male Head of Household, who spoke for his entire family, provided and protected them and a Wife, who was his vital support in accomplishing this, the creation of a supportive Family Unit - bring with her own unique set of God given skills, all necessary for creating a warm and happy home. The concept of marriage was for a Man and A Woman (ONLY a Man and a Woman) to come together and become One Being - a new, unique bonded pair that would raise up their own children - in Love. With ONE Voice, together - and One Vote.

It is an unfortunate but known truth that Women are much more easily swayed by emotion and are, in general, not as likely to stand for a necessary political or religious principle as to bend in order to be liked, or to be known for being kind - even to someone who would likely hurt them. Each sex has it's place, and a specific job to do - and it could be argued that giving women the vote has given the margin of power needed for Liberal/Progressive (Evil) thought to overtake Reason, Truth and God's Law in the world. There are some great, brilliant women - but I have found most allow their emotions to cause them to lean left when left to their own devices, it's simply easier for them to go along and to avoid conflict - which is a necessary skill to a woman to ensure her children survive in the short term. But may have unintended consequences, later.

Resolution and Firmness can certainly be found in some women (Margaret Thatcher was a remarkable example) but men were left in charge by the Creator for a reason. Letting women vote weakens (in general) the political results we otherwise would have. Read the book "Brain Sex", a largely British/Canadian scientific research summary of the physical and hormonal differences between men and women's brains. Did you know that the Male brain's right hemisphere is smaller than the females? Or that women have 25 % more connections between their right and left hemispheres? Men and women are NOT the same being with just different plumbing - the wiring, chemistry and programming is quite different - and designed (by God) to uniquely suit us for our different roles.
Women are the best thing God ever created - in my view - but it's our job as men to provide, love and protect them. It is their job to create a home that makes our lives worth livng and both our jobs to come together as one and create children, only as a product of Love, to continue the human race.

I don't expect you to agree - you've been taught about Everybody's Grievances, Victimhood and "Created" Rights - (Identity Politics) which is not about joining us, but dividing us into little jealous groups, fighting instead of building and creating, scratching and clawing instead of cooperating. And all it creates is hate, chaos and strife, by not being based on God's Law, for man.
There is a Right way and a Wrong way to live - and the Results are visible.

The next Supreme Court could decide anything it likes - but that does not change one bit what is Right and what is Wrong, or what is Good or Evil - they are just fallible humans, like the rest of us. Freedom of Speech means ALL POLITICAL and RELIGIOUS SPEECH (it does not cover profanity, or yelling Fire in a Crowded Theater) is protected by the First Amendment. Them failing to follow their Oath of Office to "preserve, protect and DEFEND the Constitution of the United States" is illegal and should result in their removal. They have reversed themselves so many times (remember they said Slavery was legal, Prohibition, etc, etc.)

Whether you believe it or not, YOU are personally responsible for the things you choose to do - or NOT Do - in this Life, and you will be held accountable, one day. Each of us must operate according to what we believe - and we all shall die. Then the Truth will be known. Which Side are you on? And what did you support, Good, or Evil? CC
You never disappoint, always fighting the good fight, it is an honor to have you on here.
Old 02-19-2020, 04:19 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Agreed. If this whole thread was a train wreck, post #107 more than makes up for it IMO, it is the best post I have seen in a long time!

Army M.P. 1971 - 1972
Wilsons: Several; Kimbers: 10mm (Wilsonized), .38S (Wilson barrel)
Old 02-19-2020, 06:48 AM
Adminstrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpas50AE View Post
Quote:
Agreed. If this whole thread was a train wreck, post #107 more than makes up for it IMO, it is the best post I have seen in a long time!
Yes sir. A brilliant post!
Old 02-19-2020, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by INV136 View Post
I'm not going to live in fear of the Sky Falling just because the democrats/communist party wants to seize my guns. They don't have the power to repeal the Constitution, yet, so I'm buying whatever I fell like buying because it's my right and I'm not going to allow "them" to abrogate my 2nd Amendment rights voluntarily by not buying guns. That's exactly what they want you to do, if they can't seize what you've got, scaring you into not buying anymore is the next best thing, for them.
I like this.
Old 02-19-2020, 10:53 AM

Quote:

Just a note as a reminder that in ancient times slavery was often voluntary as a bond servant...

Quote:
A bondservant is a slave. In some Bibles the word bondservant is the translation of the Greek
word doulos, which means “one who is subservient to, and entirely at the disposal of, his master;
a slave.” Other translations use the word slave or servant.

In Roman times, the term bondservant or slave could refer to someone who voluntarily served others.
But it usually referred to one who was held in a permanent position of servitude. Under Roman law, a
bondservant was considered the owner’s personal property. Slaves essentially had no rights and could
even be killed with impunity by their owners.

The Hebrew word for “bondservant,” ‘ebed, had a similar connotation. However, the Mosaic Law allowed
an indentured servant to become a bondservant voluntarily: “If the servant declares, ‘I love my master
and my wife and children and do not want to go free,’ then his master must take him before the judges.

He shall take him to the door or the doorpost and pierce his ear with an awl. Then he will be his servant
for life” (Exodus 21:5-6).

During the time of Jesus and the first-century church, as much as one third of the Roman population were
slaves, and another third had been slaves earlier in life. It was common for freeborn men and women to work
side-by-side with slaves as street sweepers, dockworkers, doctors, teachers, and business managers.

Convicted criminals became bondservants of the state and usually died working in the mines or on galleys.

Historical records reveal that it was not unusual for Jews to own slaves during the New Testament period.

Jesus taught that the greatest in God’s kingdom would have to become “the servant of all” (Mark 9:35).

Such a concept was unthinkable to a Roman citizen, who prided himself in his freedom and would
never identify himself as a bondservant.

But Jesus’ kingdom is not of this world (John 18:36), and the selfish values of earth are of no consequence
in heaven.
Old 02-19-2020, 11:18 AM

IMOA, the anti-gunners have pushed gun owners too far and current events have shown that the average gun owners aren't just standing on the sidelines anymore. Recent events include loud and clear vocal pushback to proposed gun control schemes, establishing Second Amendment Sanctuary towns cities and counties in multiple states. The pro-gun rally in Virginia spoke loudest because thousands of armed and unarmed gun owners turned out to peacefully voice their grievance to the chagrin of elected anti-gun politicians.
Old 02-19-2020, 11:38 AM

I like it also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter59 View Post
I like this.
I decided a couple of days ago to go out and buy a new gun as a sort of victory lap on what we achieved here in VA the other day. When I decided that it would likely be a Barrett Rec 7. Part of me said that the VA state legislature will be coming after these things again next year, and gave me pause. But then I said, let them come, I am going to get it anyway.

We beat them this year and we will beat them next year.
Old 02-19-2020, 11:48 AM

Even those who aren't particularly religious, you should still try to defend the Constitution and Bill of Rights the founding fathers and many brave patriots fought so hard to create. Human rights are still human rights, regardless what you believe. If you surrender those to a totalitarian government without any sort of resistance, you are disgracing the brave men before us.
Old 02-19-2020, 12:39 PM

I'll never vote for a democrat or a rhino.
Old 02-19-2020, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpas50AE View Post
+1911

Col. Colt was on fire in this thread. Thank you sir.
Old 02-19-2020, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by partsproduction View Post
Maybe not "News" for most, but it makes sense for me and I've decided it's news for me.

I've come to the conclusion that buying new guns is off the table until the democrats have lost the presidency for 2020, the house and the senate.
Why?
1. Because I have more guns than can fit into my safe now. 2. Because at the rate things are going the socialists will end up confiscating them all and destroying them anyway. and 3. Because we HAVE to stop them!

My typical process is to save money until I have enough to buy the next purdy gun I want to own, but various pro-second amendment groups need that money, and the end results are potentially more satisfying than a nice 1916 P08 or a new 1911 assembly kit.
As a lifetime NRA member I honestly feel they have let us down too many times, because someone should have screamed bloody murder in 1967-'68, but CGA 68 got past the NRA, as did the 80's AWB. I don't want to go on against the NRA because someday they too will understand that far too much "Negotiation" has gotten the camel's nose under the tent.

My money is going to The Firearms Policy Coalition. My next gun, that money! And maybe I'll send half to Gun Owners of America. This should be far more effective than preaching to the choir, or should I say sobbing to the choir? I've been pouring cash into the re-election of President Donald Trump from household funds, because if the nutcases get the presidency our lives will scarcely be worth living.

I hope also to inspire others to sacrifice while a sacrifice has a chance to help keep our Constitution.
quit buying all your guns at a store..
Old 02-19-2020, 07:05 PM

Quote:
M Yaworski, so you're just turning your guns in and taking up stamp collecting - or knitting - instead? What are you doing here?

When it gets to actual confiscation, the other side has at that point declared War on the Constitution and the Rights of Man and is no longer a legal government under Constitutional Authority - each participant in the confiscation is violating his Oath of Office and is acting illegally - no matter what laws they pass, nothing trumps the Constitution, period. This is never about controlling Crime - it's about Controlling American Citizens "for their own protection". Right. Ask yourself, at what point would you be willing to stand up and say something?

With your attitude, the Founders would have never founded anything - they would have meekly surrendered to the mighty British Crown - and Freedom - here and in the rest of the World - would have never happened. Kings and Emperors would still rule, everywhere.

The Second Amendment is the "Reset Button" on the Constitution - the Founders understood that, fully. If tyrants seriously reach for that Right with concrete Action, they are only doing that so they can take all the other Rights, too.

Remember your history? Lexington and Concord happened precisely because the King sent his soldiers to take the guns of English Citizens. EXACTLY the same scenario. You do realize that there are many MILLIONS more gun owners than government enforcers to take them on, right? Tyranny can only win if we let it. But it takes the will to resist - peacefully through voting is my preferred method, but what if that is not enough? Just give up on Freedom? We must all consider this carefully - it will affect everything. Once lost, Freedom takes blood to regain.

When the Government has decided to use Force on citizens that will not comply with an unconstitutional Law they are no longer acting within The Law - they are outside of it.
When that happens a Public Relations Campaign will no longer be relevant - it will be war. Votes won't matter any more (some say they don't, now). Winning or losing will be the result of using raw Force to settle the issue.

The choice we each face is, do you want to die on your feet, or slowly, on your knees? Does Freedom end so you can watch Football in peace and turn your head the other way as Evil takes over and rounds up the real Patriots? These are the Questions we all have to ask - and answer - for ourselves and our posterity. And it appears, for now, that decision time is going to be forced upon us - unless we get busy and educate our fellow citizens. CC
I only have one thing to say. AMEN !!! I will never under any circumstances surrender my firearms...
Old 02-19-2020, 07:31 PM

Buying guns is just another way to fight back,,win, lose or draw,,we can't stop.
Old 02-19-2020, 11:10 PM

Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn

“And how we burned in the camps later, thinking:
What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?
Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?...
The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt!
If... if...

We didn't love freedom enough.
And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation....
We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.”

Old 02-19-2020, 11:30 PM
Adminstrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesRJr View Post

“And how we burned in the camps later, thinking:
What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?
Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?...
The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt!
If... if...

We didn't love freedom enough.
And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation....
We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.”

One of my favorite quotes of all time.