As if the 2A wasn't enough. Now they are after the 1A too - Page 2 - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 01-25-2020, 03:23 PM

None of you think this is a symptom of a deeper problem?

These pantywaisted, overly-sensitive beta types are the result of the "kinder, gentler" education system we have had now for 3 or 4 or 5 decades.

I wasn't around in the 50's and 60's so I ca'nt say how shchool was then.

I "woke up" around 1980, at age 10, and saw the ****show around me. Iran, etc. In the 80's which is most of my elementary and even high-school education, in Puerto Rico, they still taught critical thought, somewhat.. but I also saw the younger teachers leaning to "teaching the test" and to be "sensitive" to others.

I really think sensitive little snowflakes like the authors of this bill are the result of that.

We *really* need to un**** our schools and media, and the church, too.

And to Shawn6518's point -- back then, back when we kicked the lobsters out, didn't just about 3% take to arms? I guess sometime in the past 10 years I turned into a threeper myself. Not a member yet... but the call is being heard, I heard it, loud and clear, during Nobama's last term.

We could always use "Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition" as an unofficial "cause" song...
-----------------------^--------
Member NRA, GOA, SAF, VCDL, FL Carry, USCCA

Last edited by Old Grey Hare; 01-25-2020 at 03:28 PM.
Old 01-25-2020, 04:28 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Expert View Post
Another attempt to silence the opposition.
At the pro-gun rally someone was quoted as saying they would like to see the Republican party simply die off. No reaching across the aisles, no compromising, no nothing. Just simply eliminate the opposition and make this country a one-party system. Sound like something we know?
Avoid the temptation to replace everything on your brand-new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot at least 500 rounds through it first, then decide what you don't like and want to improve. Regarding vintage 1911s, pre-1970 pistols are highly collectible in original, unaltered condition and should NEVER be refinished or modified as it completely ruins their monetary value.
Old 01-25-2020, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsk View Post
At the pro-gun rally someone was quoted as saying they would like to see the Republican party simply die off. No reaching across the aisles, no compromising, no nothing. Just simply eliminate the opposition and make this country a one-party system. Sound like something we know?
Hm.

Tom Marvolo Riddle. Wonder if the kids of the 00's see Voldemort in Bloomberg. They should. Pelosi is 100% Dolores Umbridge. I came into that world as a grown-up, and I saw it then, and it's REALLY clear now.

Emperor Palpatine. I see *quite* a bit of LBJ in him. And in Voldermort too. Quick to anger, horribly violent, and with very strange habits.

And to the real:

G III R

Lenin.

Stalin.

Hitler.

Castro, and the list goes on and on.

But today's crop of Democrats sound a *lot* like England in the times of king George after being brainwashed by Marx.

I know you were being rhetorical there, but I feel like discussing the topic.. it goes hand-in-glove with indoctrination. But what if... what if certain works in certain books / films were based on the real? Old, old trick. Cervantes and Shakespere both.

I can't watch Potter without looking at Voldemort and his lot as being Leftist. Oh hell yes.

What's the first thing Umbridge did when she got to Hogwarts? She banned teaching Defense against the Dark Arts. What the Trio do? Establish an underground defense school.

The parallels are stunning.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2020, 07:34 PM
Adminstrator

I have no idea what you just said.
Old 01-25-2020, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LW McVay View Post
I have no idea what you just said.
I was wondering if that was English. But I really think I got the gist of it! Fortunately not a Potter fan
Old 01-26-2020, 08:24 AM

OGHare, I got it. Great comparison.
Troy341
Old 01-30-2020, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsk View Post
Hate to "burst your bubble" there dsk, but we already have a "one party" system, it has a far left wing and a left of center wing, look how many folks that have a R next to their name voted for more "legal" 3rd world immigrants also they "comprised" on other anti-freedom issues as well, how many so called "red" states have "red flag laws/EPROs", also all of the 2A related "compromises" that the so called "Replublicans" made.

No Regerts.
Old 01-30-2020, 05:47 AM

they choose who we get to vote for... so???
Old 01-30-2020, 06:01 AM

There is hope! Don't let despair overwhelm you, that is exactly what the Lefty wants.

Keep FIGHTING like this man! And continue to pray for him.

https://publish.twitter.com/?query=h...5&widget=Tweet
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper
Old 02-01-2020, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrag View Post
they choose who we get to vote for... so???
Well if more folks would vote for third party like the Constitutionalist, or the Constitutional Party, we might have still have the Replublic that the Founding Fathers intended.

No Regerts.
Old 02-01-2020, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvermane_1911 View Post
Well if more folks would vote for third party like the Constitutionalist, or the Constitutional Party, we might have still have the Replublic that the Founding Fathers intended.
well in principal I can agree.. the reality is THEY choose who we can vote for...

and I see no real way around such a system... at this time...

further... both the dem and rep parties seem like different sides of the same coin... a dog an pony show put on by elites to distract?

and both seem to tell us votes for us or the other side will win... so votes for other then... seldom work out...

and have you noticed the professional politicians that change over to the new party... like some dems SEE the popularity of the libs going/joining the libs?

or the politicians that recently claimed to be rep got into office and switched to dem?

couple that with our education system which seems now more about years upon years of indoctrination...

I listened to live interviews of younger folk with a FOX news... personage...

the base... or world view has really changed among our younger folk...

and it does not look good for the future of our freedom and liberty...

they seem to place little or even no value on such

Last edited by wrag; 02-01-2020 at 07:00 AM.
Old 02-01-2020, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Do you really trust people who run for public office that know they probably won't even get 1% of the vote?
Old 02-02-2020, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HT77 View Post
Do you really trust people who run for public office that know they probably won't even get 1% of the vote?
That's kinda of a "chicken or the egg" catch 22 scenario, if they don't run nobody will vote for them, if they do run almost nobody will vote for them. The biggest problem is the "mainstream" candidates are a choice of a crap sandwich or a crap sandwich with cheese, bacon, lettuce, tomato and mayo, either way you're getting a crap sandwich.

No Regerts.
Old 02-02-2020, 10:06 AM

Quote:
That's kinda of a "chicken or the egg" catch 22 scenario, if they don't run nobody will vote for them, if they do run almost nobody will vote for them. The biggest problem is the "mainstream" candidates are a choice of a crap sandwich or a crap sandwich with cheese, bacon, lettuce, tomato and mayo, either way you're getting a crap sandwich.
They know they have zero chance to win. If you are going to run you have to build support among a large number of people. The only thing these ding-a-lings do is act as spoilers that work on behalf of Democrats. In Kentucky, about 15,000 morons voted for the Libertarian candidate for governor. The GOP incumbent, one of the most solid 2A politicians in the country, lost to the Democrat by 5,000 votes. This is what third parties do.
Old 02-02-2020, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HT77 View Post
They know they have zero chance to win. If you are going to run you have to build support among a large number of people. The only thing these ding-a-lings do is act as spoilers that work on behalf of Democrats. In Kentucky, about 15,000 morons voted for the Libertarian candidate for governor. The GOP incumbent, one of the most solid 2A politicians in the country, lost to the Democrat by 5,000 votes. This is what third parties do.
the thing seems to be many are fed up with the current crop of politicians...

and their parties... and the direction these parties are choosing...

so folks start trying to fix things... by voting them out...

and elections of fairly good politicians get lost...

I confess...

I am so F'n tired of the gop making promises they ignore AFTER they get elected...

and they keep asking for money for this or that... so many causes that REQUIRE our money... over and over and over..

seems ya have to pay em just to get heard... and to KEEP your RIGHTS now...

so I understand folks voting the marginal parties...

thing is if the marginal parties actually start winning guess which politicians will join em...
Old 02-02-2020, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrag View Post
the thing seems to be many are fed up with the current crop of politicians...

and their parties... and the direction these parties are choosing...

so folks start trying to fix things... by voting them out...

and elections of fairly good politicians get lost...

I confess...

I am so F'n tired of the gop making promises they ignore AFTER they get elected...

and they keep asking for money for this or that... so many causes that REQUIRE our money... over and over and over..

seems ya have to pay em just to get heard... and to KEEP your RIGHTS now...

so I understand folks voting the marginal parties...

thing is if the marginal parties actually start winning guess which politicians will join em...
Yeah, people get angry and then do stupid things and shoot themselves in the foot. In our system today any vote that isn't for a Republican is a vote against the 2A. That isn't to say the GOP does everything we want but you can bet electing a Democrat is not going to help the cause and most likely will damage it. Voting third party just gives Democrats the advantage and they already have enough of that. At this point, it makes perfect sense to vote GOP even if just to keep a Democrat out of office and to keep Republicans in charge of the body itself. Gun control isn't going very far with McConnell in charge of the Senate but imagine Chuck Schumer.
Old 02-02-2020, 04:06 PM

That bill is sheer idiocy. The 1st amendment was engineered precisely to allow criticism of government and government officials, appointed or elected, without the government taking any punitive actions against the person making those critical remarks derogatory, obscene or otherwise.

That being said... I can understand a law that prohibits making certain types of threats to the safety and well being of other people... not just government officials. After all... why should they get extra protection. But many of those laws are already on the books.

BUT... not being able to talk about democrats using obscene, vulgar, profane, lewd, lascivious, or indecent language is just impossible!!!!

Seriously, sometimes vulgar and obscene language has a place in conversation because it tends to convey a truer, more honest bit of communication.
Old 02-05-2020, 05:00 PM

The attack on the first amendment started long ago.
Old 02-05-2020, 05:52 PM

If they don't agree with YOUR speech...

Old 02-05-2020, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The War Wagon View Post

That looks like a declaration of war to me.
Old 02-05-2020, 07:35 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Grey Hare View Post
That looks like a declaration of war to me.
They declared that LONG ago - just most Americans were asleep at the wheel and missed the road sign.

Army M.P. 1971 - 1972
Wilsons: Several; Kimbers: 10mm (Wilsonized), .38S (Wilson barrel)
Old 02-06-2020, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolymerMan View Post
That bill is sheer idiocy. The 1st amendment was engineered precisely to allow criticism of government and government officials, appointed or elected, without the government taking any punitive actions against the person making those critical remarks derogatory, obscene or otherwise.

That being said... I can understand a law that prohibits making certain types of threats to the safety and well being of other people... not just government officials. After all... why should they get extra protection. But many of those laws are already on the books.

BUT... not being able to talk about democrats using obscene, vulgar, profane, lewd, lascivious, or indecent language is just impossible!!!!

Seriously, sometimes vulgar and obscene language has a place in conversation because it tends to convey a truer, more honest bit of communication.
Also another thing is that those "protections against real threats against individuals" don't include their "feelz/feelings", if you get my drift.

No Regerts.
Old 02-06-2020, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The War Wagon View Post

She’s showing what her and the other democrats would do to the Constitution if given the power.
Old 02-07-2020, 11:16 AM

pretty much... ya they intend to do just that...

There is a thing I find difficult to understand in all this...

all these people LEAVING certain states due to high prices...

3rd world like poverty...

defecating n such on the the streets and even ins store isles...

diseases that were basically eradicated within the U.S. in some cases for years are returning and some new ones that still exist in other countries are here now...

rampant crime that is now being excused if it's under what $900, and other such things...

that came about because the politicians they elected created laws and tax's and such that insured these things would happen...

go to another state and immediately start voting in the same type politicians that immediately start creating the same kind of state (laws and tax's n such) they just fled...

it is something I simply do not understand... these people are supposed to be educated...

they are supposed to be able to think... supposed to be able to use logic...

so WTAF... what logic are they using... what are they thinking??????
Old 02-07-2020, 11:41 AM
Super Moderator

Being educated and having the ability to think rationally is not always connected, as we can see. I have plenty that are educated beyond their intelligence...

Army M.P. 1971 - 1972
Wilsons: Several; Kimbers: 10mm (Wilsonized), .38S (Wilson barrel)