1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 10-24-2019, 12:56 PM

Do you hunt???

https://www.longislandgunclub.com/fo...ith-here-on-li

From my local Long Island NY forum. I personally don’t hunt, but I eat meat. Too much of it honestly. Follow the link and the first post has a link to a hunter on LI being confronted by a father and his kids. Vulgar language ensues so be warned. I don’t know if you’ll laugh, get angry, both? I laughed but got very angry at the lack of thought and logic. People like these are why our 2A is constantly infringed here. Thoughts??

Should be a direct link
https://streamable.com/s/bhuif/qndfe
Old 10-24-2019, 01:54 PM

People who don’t hunt, don’t have a clue. Try being ten feet from a bear in 6’ tall grass that’s exciting.

I hunted since I was 12 yo with my older brother who was my mentor. It was a time to stop what we were doing in life and get away to my camp, to bond and hunt. I’m a really good cook too. Not only did we hunt, walking for miles in the green mountains of Vermont we ate good too. It was a lifetime of experiences I’ll never forget we had a blast. It’s not about killing something it’s the hunt, the tracking and the search that’s fun. We hunted where my family hunted for decades it was a family tradition.

Gun Safety never sleeps or takes a day off, be safe do it right......

Last edited by 1911crazy; 10-24-2019 at 01:56 PM.
Old 10-24-2019, 02:28 PM

[QUOTE=1911crazy;12970978]People who donít hunt, donít have a clue.

You donít have to hunt to realize something died for your dinner. Doesnít matter if you killed it or someone else did, dead is dead. That guys going to eat burgers or something else tonight. Heís a hypocrite and heís raising a moron.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2019, 04:59 PM

I hunt deer. Tomorrow I will butcher and put into the freezer one I took Tuesday .
Old 10-24-2019, 05:27 PM

This was another perfect example of how society has failed to butch up men. All of this fuss over hunting for crying out loud.

NRA Life Member, Patron Level
Old 10-24-2019, 05:47 PM

While in my later years I no longer hunt, but I did most of my life starting at a very young age. What many of these animal rights types don't discuss is the money raised from hunting that goes to game management. Now let me see what is the most humane, death from starvation/disease or a bullet?
Old 10-24-2019, 06:08 PM

Yes.
Old 10-24-2019, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xhair View Post
While in my later years I no longer hunt, but I did most of my life starting at a very young age. What many of these animal rights types don't discuss is the money raised from hunting that goes to game management. Now let me see what is the most humane, death from starvation/disease or a bullet?
I agree with you. Iíll also bring up that itís more humane to shoot an animal, in this case bow and arrow, or a slaughterhouse? They both admitted they eat meat.
Old 10-24-2019, 06:34 PM

I'm sorry for this fellow that he had to put up with this. I'm not a hunter, but I don't see anything objectionable about it. We need to eat, and our species has evolved to be omnivorous.
Old 10-24-2019, 06:50 PM

I hunted when I was younger but no longer. I don't have the patients and can't stand the mosquitoes.
Old 10-24-2019, 08:53 PM

The only hunting I've ever done was in Vietnam.
Unarmed animals, even big bad bears, aren't the same.
Old 10-25-2019, 12:21 AM

I submit the following for your enjoyment.

Quote:
CHUCK LORRE PRODUCTIONS, #536
I've thought long and hard about this vanity card.
What I'm about to say is going to upset quite a few people.*
Some of them are my friends.*
Or perhaps, after reading this, my former friends.*
But I can't let that stop me from speaking my mind.*
It's time to say out loud what I know in my heart to be true.*
Vegetarians and vegans are mobility bigots.*
They believe that if a life form doesn't move, it's fair game to be killed and eaten.*
They hold a deepseated prejudice against plants, or, as plants prefer to be called, "We Who Stand Still."*
This hateful philosophy is predicated on the idea that movement equals consciousness, or, if you will, a certain level of sacredness.*
To put it simply, if it walks, flies, or swims, or comes from something that does, it should not be ingested.*
If it doesn't, yum-yum.*
Of course when you ask vegetarians and vegans, they say no, they're only opposed to eating flesh.*
But what could be more fleshy than a mushroom? Or avocado? Or eggplant?*
The ugly truth is they are cowards who murder and devour anything that can't run away.*
These people, who act so high and mighty, so spiritually elevated, have somehow constructed a style of cuisine that would justify them eating my Uncle Murray, a man known for sitting still for hours at a time, staring at a TV that is turned off.*
So the next time you order a salad consider this: Prince told us that doves cry. But what if kale does too?

1st Aired: 26 Sep 2016*

Last edited by NonHyphenAmerican; 10-25-2019 at 12:26 AM.
Old 10-25-2019, 01:04 AM

I hunt when I can get drawn for a tag. Ironically, the fish and wildlife encourage hunting, but then they make it almost impossible to draw a tag.
Old 10-25-2019, 08:51 AM
Super Moderator

OMG! Hunting issue aside, I was taught to have respect for my elders. If that foul-mouthed brat was mine, he'd be facing some serious discipline. It's just another example of how liberal parent's and liberal school systems are failing our country.

NRA Life Member
Old 10-25-2019, 09:03 AM

I used to hunt more.

Now I will just take a deer out of the kitchen window once in a while when I am not too lazy to dress it out. The weather has to be right also, I like to hang mine for a day before I cut it up.

Best to be careful though!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/de...him/ar-AAJiNr4
Old 10-25-2019, 10:40 AM

I hunt every year, Deer, rabbits, and bears a few times.
Old 10-25-2019, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredRod View Post
OMG! Hunting issue aside, I was taught to have respect for my elders. If that foul-mouthed brat was mine, he'd be facing some serious discipline. It's just another example of how liberal parent's and liberal school systems are failing our country.
+1911 If that was my kid I would knock him into next week. Sad to say that this is the new normal for kids. My wife has been teaching for 29 years and they just keep getting worse.
Old 10-25-2019, 12:49 PM

Past few years, just Whitetail in Alabama...The private schools there sponsor Deer Hunts as fundraisers and the locals let the Hunters hunt on their Farms for the weekend.

The absolute best Hunting for me was hunting out West... Elk and Mule Deer...I haven’t applied for a Tag since the late 90s. But hunting on Horseback and putting a stalk on a Trophy was great.....longest shot was on a 5x5 Muley at 400 plus yds.... He was under a Cedar and after we field dressed him and put him on the scale, he was 200#. Tough Deer though, had to make Jerky and Hamburger out of him...sagebrush diet.

The issue facing Hunting today is not the left wing morons, it’s Chronic Wasting Disease that has spread throughout the Country and is now in Tennessee and Mississippi... as well as throughout the West..No cure, no symptoms until late stages, Fatal.

It was fun going to the Range and working up loads, and having confidence in making the shot.

Last edited by Mike 139; 10-25-2019 at 12:53 PM.
Old 10-25-2019, 12:51 PM

Anti-hunters are a scary lot and hope to get a negative reaction out of hunters through confrontations. Eff'em is my attitude anymore, stay calm and cell phones make great witnesses to hunter harassment.
Old 10-25-2019, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredRod View Post
You just HAVE to blame someone else? Maybe THEIR just idiots!!

Obviously clueless. They hate hunters, but go hunting at the grocery store every week! Some people are born stupid!
Old 10-25-2019, 02:19 PM

Many years of hunting Africa and no apologies
Old 10-25-2019, 02:24 PM

MS finally caught up with me.
Going on 32 years.
MRI looks like a bunch of loads of fine bird shot in my brain.
Everywhere.
Almost no outward obvious signs though.
Old 10-26-2019, 09:40 AM

Bratty kid, but look at how the dad is acting himself.

This kid is suppose to be our future? Yeah...
Old 10-26-2019, 10:10 AM

No. I barley have enough time to shoot. I support anyone's decision to hunt and as a motorcyclist, i hope they kill all the deer.
Old 10-26-2019, 10:32 AM
Administrator

How much you want to bet that father is someone who goes around telling people that owning hunting guns is okay, but nobody needs an AR-15? Some of the idiots who say that are Fudds, but a lot of them are anti-hunters like this dude as well.
Avoid the temptation to replace everything on your brand-new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot at least 500 rounds through it first, then decide what you don't like and want to improve. Regarding vintage 1911s, pre-1970 pistols are highly collectible in original, unaltered condition and should NEVER be refinished or modified as it completely ruins their monetary value.