Classic Stainless Gold Match - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 09-15-2019, 09:34 AM

Classic Stainless Gold Match

I stumbled over this at my LGS, it came in used on a trade. Its by no means in perfect shape, mostly mishandling, under the grips it looks like it was cleaned with a screwdriver....... It came with the old style Kimber case. Single piece injection molded with those god awful snaps on the front.

The action is smooth as silk and the trigger is the best trigger I have ever felt in a Kimber. Its a Gen 1 gun and the previous owner added a magwell and 3 dot adjustable sights. I added the VZ Ivory grips. Its a really great shooter. Anyone have one? Thoughts?
Attached Thumbnails
20190915_093007.jpg  
Old 09-22-2019, 01:10 PM

I bought one from a friend back in 2016. He was not even the second owner so not sure how much is original. Got to field strip it and put about 200 round through it before I bought it from him. It has a serial number of K077xxx and on a call to Kimber they said it was made in 2001.

I am pretty sure the front sight is not original as is the magwell. It does not have an ambi safety either. Anyway it shoots great.

I did get the box and papers with it. I wish previous owners had put takeoff parts in there also. It had some double diamond grips on it and I put on the grips I ordered from Kimber. Since I took the picture I have put on a new MSH/magwell from Ed Brown and replaced the FLGR with a traditional guide rod and recoil spring plug.
Old 09-22-2019, 04:39 PM

Kimbers don't come with those fancy cases like Les Baer... Nice pistol, enjoy it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2019, 12:20 PM

Congratulations on your stainless Gold Match! Kimbers are great pistols, and a
gen 1, all the better. Like the pictures from both posters.
Old 09-25-2019, 07:28 PM

Congratulations, that's a pretty gun. Those stocks really set it off.
Old 10-09-2019, 10:12 PM

I have a stainless gold match II in 9mm. It's a keeper.
Old 10-11-2019, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakota1911 View Post
I bought one from a friend back in 2016. He was not even the second owner so not sure how much is original. Got to field strip it and put about 200 round through it before I bought it from him. It has a serial number of K077xxx and on a call to Kimber they said it was made in 2001.

I am pretty sure the front sight is not original as is the magwell. It does not have an ambi safety either. Anyway it shoots great.

I did get the box and papers with it. I wish previous owners had put takeoff parts in there also. It had some double diamond grips on it and I put on the grips I ordered from Kimber. Since I took the picture I have put on a new MSH/magwell from Ed Brown and replaced the FLGR with a traditional guide rod and recoil spring plug.
My serial number is K070XXX, maybe a bit older.
Old 10-11-2019, 01:00 PM

I also have a Kimber Classic Stainless Gold Match. I bought it to shoot in our local Bullseye Matches. The pistol's frame has been drilled and tapped for an optics mount, and has both the front and rear sights removed. The trigger pull is outstanding, no creep. I mounted an UltraDot 6 optic and am really pleased with how the pistol performs.
Old 11-29-2019, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosco Shooter View Post
I also have a Kimber Classic Stainless Gold Match. I bought it to shoot in our local Bullseye Matches. The pistol's frame has been drilled and tapped for an optics mount, and has both the front and rear sights removed. The trigger pull is outstanding, no creep. I mounted an UltraDot 6 optic and am really pleased with how the pistol performs.
Do you have a picture of that?
Old 12-05-2019, 01:40 PM

Mine is a blued gun, Gold Match Classic. Bought it in June of 2000. K058xxx. A really good shooter with 200 grn lswc's, but for some reason terrible with ball bullets. I put a Ceiner .22 conversion on it and it does well with that too. A great gun to shoot with anything I've put through it except the hardball type bullets.
Old 12-06-2019, 09:00 AM

I have a Gold Match in 9mm. It’s sweet .
Old 12-13-2019, 11:44 AM

I have the Generation I also, I have found that they are a little better in fit and finish then the current Kimber. Enjoy yours, it is a great gun.