Extreme Service firing pin stop - Page 2 - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > > >

Notices

Old 06-10-2013, 07:07 AM

Hi Bob,
Look on page 3 of that section and you should see all of the firing pin stops. There are 4 styles, HD-205, HD-206, HD-207 & HD-208 and each style come in blue or stainless. If you don't find them, you may need to clear your cache. Please let me know if you find them or not.
Old 06-10-2013, 07:46 AM

More to learn about here every day, seems every part of a 1911 has a reference book of it's own. Don't get me wrong i love learning about it all, and and how my Ruger ar1911 CMD works, and what can be done to make it work better, or to look for in my next 1911.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:21 AM

I sent me slide to John so he could install sights and had him install one of these while it was there. It is a thing of beauty...did I really say that about a FPS? John's attention to detail to his craft and manufactured parts are top notch. I see more Harrison parts in my future.
Old 06-23-2013, 10:49 AM

Group pic of the whole Extreme Service firing pin stop product line. All are in stock at this time. At top left - HD-205 for S-70 Gov't .45, top right - HD-207 for S-80 Gov't .45. Bottom left - HD-206 for S-70 .45 Commander and mid-caliber Gov't and bottom right, S-80 .45 Commander and mid-caliber Gov't. Of course, they also fit Officers ACP, Defender, EMP and all other 1911 variants.

Here's a couple of pics of an HD-208-S firing pin stop installation on a Series '80 Stainless Steel Commander slide.

Old 08-24-2014, 02:30 PM

Well, I'm sure in the market for an oversized FPS for my 1911 Series 80
in stainless, but don't recall if I had a Commander ejector installed
when work was done on it years ago, or if the standard ejector was
replaced when I had King's Gun Works lower the ejection port..

I'd hate to the 208 THEN realize I should of bought the 207.

Any suggestions ? I was going to go for the EGW FPB, but I like the
ones above as the radius is already in place on the stop.
Old 08-24-2014, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no2guncntrl View Post
Well, I'm sure in the market for an oversized FPS for my 1911 Series 80
in stainless, but don't recall if I had a Commander ejector installed
when work was done on it years ago, or if the standard ejector was
replaced when I had King's Gun Works lower the ejection port..

I'd hate to the 208 THEN realize I should of bought the 207.

Any suggestions ? I was going to go for the EGW FPB, but I like the
ones above as the radius is already in place on the stop.
Look at the pictures shown with each FPS and compare the picture showing the top of the frame to the top of your frame. If you have a Commander ejector, it will have the step on the RH side like is shown with the picture in https://shop.harrisoncustom.com/hd-2...iring-pin-stop.

The other way is to compare your FPS to the pictures. The difference between .45 Gov't and a .45 Commander is the distance between the center hole and the notch in the bottom RH corner. The Commander has the smaller distance.

Yet another way is to send me your slide and I will fit the correct one to your slide.

Last suggestion is to buy one of each, match them to the FPS you have and return the one you didn't need.
Old 08-24-2014, 04:23 PM

Thanks so much for the helpful tips. I'll have to look the
slide over as well as the present block and will know which
one to get.
Old 09-15-2014, 08:31 AM

Somehow, I seem to have forgotten to mention that I now have a H-D FPS designed especially for the Springfield Range Officer. It's shortened at the top to clear the sight cut. It will work with other sight cuts that are cut away at the rear like the RO, but they vary in how deep that area is cut down, so you may, at the worst, have a little bit of filing left to do. BTW, the p/n is HD-205-LPA.

Also worth mentioning, is that if you want an H-D FPS stop cut down for your particular gun, I'll do it for $10 more. All I need from you is an accurate measurement from your old FPS from the top edge of the FP hole to the top edge of the FPS.

Last edited by John Harrison; 09-15-2014 at 08:34 AM.
Old 09-15-2014, 11:40 AM

Excellent service, John! Thanks for offering that option of custom work without the client sending the entire pistol in.

"It's not a sewing machine. It's a rugged, bitch-slapping, war winning machine, and it's not taking prisoners." -- MGould
Old 09-21-2014, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Harrison View Post
Somehow, I seem to have forgotten to mention that I now have a H-D FPS designed especially for the Springfield Range Officer. It's shortened at the top to clear the sight cut. It will work with other sight cuts that are cut away at the rear like the RO, but they vary in how deep that area is cut down, so you may, at the worst, have a little bit of filing left to do. BTW, the p/n is HD-205-LPA.

Also worth mentioning, is that if you want an H-D FPS stop cut down for your particular gun, I'll do it for $10 more. All I need from you is an accurate measurement from your old FPS from the top edge of the FP hole to the top edge of the FPS.
Outstanding!!! I've been waiting for these to be available. John do you know if the HD-205-LPA will fit an STI Edge chambered in 40 S&W?
Old 09-21-2014, 04:31 PM

The .40 pistols use a narrower cartridge pick up rail than the .45 does, so while you could use the HD-205 LPA, it's made for a .45 and you'd have to file some more on the LH notch in the FPS. The better way to go about it would be to use the HD-206 FPS and have the top shortened to match your slide. I do that a $10 additional charge, if you will give me the dimension from your firing pin port to the top of your old FPS.
Old 09-27-2014, 11:30 PM

Its amazing the difference this FPS has on the recoil impulse. I ran it on my STI in 40 at a match today and I was able to significantly increase my splits while still getting my hits. On the last 2 swingers in this video I fired 3 shots at each and landed A, A, C on the 1st and C, C, A on the second. This may be the best $35 I've ever spent on a gun part.

http://youtu.be/IwWkXOin7Xw
Old 10-09-2014, 11:34 PM

Different sizes

Sorry for a dumb question, are the stops the same for the Gov model, Lite weight Commander, and the Defender? Thank you. Great engineering. James Harrison

[/QUOTE]
“When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are safe." Luke 11:21
Major, USAF RET
Old 10-10-2014, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leicajh View Post
Sorry for a dumb question, are the stops the same for the Gov model, Lite weight Commander, and the Defender? Thank you. Great engineering. James Harrison
There are 4 different configurations of FPS, each one available in either carbon steel or stainless steel for a total of 8 different part numbers.
They differ by caliber, model and whether or not the gun has a Series '80 firing pin safety. If you visit my web store, there are pictures of each style of FPS and pictures showing how to tell which gun it belongs to.

If you want to be sure you are ordering the right one, email me with a list of guns by Manufacturer, Model, Caliber and finish and I'll help you get set up. My email is [email protected]