Things to do when stuck at home... - Page 3 - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 04-02-2020, 01:16 PM

My workbench was 1/3 museum, 1/3 recycle depot and 1/3 unfinished projects.

Clean as a whistle now! So clean in fact, I had to go back outside to check the number to make sure I was in the right house.

My bench is very long so it is divided into workbench and reloading. The reloading side is next in the clean-up. Just have to stow the components and then I REALLY won't recognize my home.

Been on the web indulging one of my other hobbies - watches. Yes... I bought another... Seiko King Turtle JDM sapphire and ceramic. Should be here today. I buy these from Seiya Japan. I followed this with a Super Oyster bracelet made for the turtle from Strapcode, you can not beat these bracelets for quality or price.

https://www.seiyajapan.com/collectio...-made-in-japan

https://www.strapcode.com/collection...-ss-bcl03-b047
Old 04-02-2020, 03:59 PM

Some good ideas but I retired five months ago and spend a month detail stripping everything cleaning and lubing everything. I've tried several times to do an inventory but gave up cause of so many places to look, shop, garage, reloading room, hobby room and closets all over the house.
So as an act of desperation I took to sizing and lubing a few thousand bullets I cast, and I tell you that's desperation, mind numbingly boring. Otherwise I'm working on finishing a giant scale cub model and 3d printing things for friends.
Old 04-03-2020, 04:30 PM

[QUOTE=lightman;13108176]All good suggestions!

Melted about 1200# of lead and cast it into ingots.

Reorganize and inventory my beer fridge.
============================

WOW! lightman,
1200# of lead? From where did it come?

As to reorganizing and inventorying my beer fridge..only drink Bud these days (NOT LIGHT), and at anytime I’m down to under a full case, I ask my more mobile friends to bring me more!

Cheers,
Unkei
Is unus bibliotheca magna , He is in himself a great library.

Last edited by Unkei; 04-03-2020 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Addendum
Old 04-03-2020, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TjB101 View Post
Havenít gone nuts just quite yet. Iím working from home so weekends are filled with some moderate fun. Given that Trump declared all ranges and stores essential Iím hoping that the state ranges will be open soon.

Just did some casting and some 9mm reloads with my weekends off.

Stay safe everyone.
My freakin state of Ma closed the ranges. Don't know why I am still here.
ďA man's rights rest in three boxes; the ballot box, jury box, and the cartridge box,ĒĖ Frederick Douglass
Old 04-03-2020, 05:45 PM

Had a great quarantine day today. Quarantined myself at the range for a couple hours, blasted a few gats and broke in the little Sig P365MS.

Iím really diggin this quarantine stuff, had the entire range to myself and there was very limited traffic on the road.

I recommend that we remain quarantined for the remainder of the year.
Old 04-03-2020, 09:37 PM

All of the cool (in crowd) people are laying low.

So we are corralling reading recommendations for those so inclined.

A must read for this situation would have to be Earth Abides, by George R. Stewart.

Additionally Lucifer's hammer by Larry Niven would also have to make the list.

And last but not least. The mask of the red death, by Edgar Allen Poe is a must read no matter the circumstances.

Stay safe people!
Old 04-04-2020, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autonomous View Post
My cheap airsoft 1911 is far from accurate. I should get a better one but don't know anything about them.
I believe both dsk and I might be two of the bigger airsoft shooters on here. Iíve been at it for probably 13 years, dsk probably longer. Feel free to pm me any questions you have and I will gladly do what I can to help.
Old 04-04-2020, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapping Twig View Post
My workbench was 1/3 museum, 1/3 recycle depot and 1/3 unfinished projects.

Clean as a whistle now! So clean in fact, I had to go back outside to check the number to make sure I was in the right house.

My bench is very long so it is divided into workbench and reloading. The reloading side is next in the clean-up. Just have to stow the components and then I REALLY won't recognize my home.

Been on the web indulging one of my other hobbies - watches. Yes... I bought another... Seiko King Turtle JDM sapphire and ceramic. Should be here today. I buy these from Seiya Japan. I followed this with a Super Oyster bracelet made for the turtle from Strapcode, you can not beat these bracelets for quality or price.

https://www.seiyajapan.com/collectio...-made-in-japan

https://www.strapcode.com/collection...-ss-bcl03-b047
Nice! I like watches too! No high end for me anymore. I like Seikos,
Bulovas, invictas, Citizens, etc. way more that I have any need for. I mostly wear my Bulova Accurist. If it was cool or a really good deal I bought it. Had to stop buying so many 8 years ago but I still like looking at them and switching out watches once in a while.
Old 04-04-2020, 02:23 PM

My community has a small golf course, 9 holes, par 3. Today I decided to golf wearing my P365 in a Stealth Gear holster, played well, (for me). Didn't even notice it was there, other than checking my T shirt, (it is a 'tuckable' holster). I think tomorrow I'll wear either my SA EMP4 in a Milt Sparks Criterion or my full size Fusion in a Milt Sparks, maybe both. I'm not retired yet, this is good practice!
Old 04-04-2020, 02:39 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autonomous View Post
My cheap airsoft 1911 is far from accurate. I should get a better one but don't know anything about them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny handgun View Post
I believe both dsk and I might be two of the bigger airsoft shooters on here. Iíve been at it for probably 13 years, dsk probably longer. Feel free to pm me any questions you have and I will gladly do what I can to help.
In my experience Airsoft guns aren't anywhere near as accurate as even a smooth-bore steel BB gun. Those light plastic pellets are easily pushed around by the slightest breeze. When shooting air guns worry less about precision accuracy and just enjoy being able to clear empty coke cans off a fence or table at ten paces. If you're wanting to shoot bullseye targets you're going to need lead pellets fired out of a rifled barrel. Anything that's a smoothbore is hit or miss... literally.
Avoid the temptation to replace everything on your brand-new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot at least 500 rounds through it first, then decide what you don't like and want to improve. Regarding vintage 1911s, pre-1970 pistols are highly collectible in original, unaltered condition and should NEVER be refinished or modified as it completely ruins their monetary value.
Old 04-04-2020, 09:45 PM

Waxed my blade collection (Renaissance), next will be the leather, belts and holsters.

Grant

NRA - Life Member
NRA - LE Instructor. Member IALEFI
Old 04-05-2020, 08:40 AM

Working fulltime + from home for the past 3 weeks, spending lots of time dealing with Covid planning and responses for my company and client. We support a State human services system and Covid response changes are fast and furious. Working on spring chores, but can't burn anything due to a statewide burn ban and cancelled yard waste dropoffs.
Old 04-05-2020, 03:20 PM

12,210 bullets, 12,211 bullets, LOL I re-organized the ammo.
Seems like a good time to sell the Glock, so off to Gunbroker.
Thinking about buying a MantisX since ranges are closed.
Old 04-11-2020, 05:55 PM

I prepped house for hurricane season. Did most of honey do list. Built indoor range. Ten pumps on my Crossman will not go thru. If you want to learn trigger press, try the Crossman. The Crossman is over cooked roast beef that needs a chain saw to cut; and the well fitted 1911 is a rare cooked filet cut with a scalpel.

Hope everyone is well. Happy Easter.
Attached Thumbnails
S.R-4.jpg   S.R-3.jpg   S.R-2.jpg   S.R-1.jpg  
Old 04-11-2020, 05:55 PM

Sorry pics are sideways