Asian-Americans Terrified of Coronavirus Backlash Stock Up on Guns - Page 6 - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 03-18-2020, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickeyee View Post
I discovered years ago that the Head of HR at our company (A VP level slot) did not routinely wash his hands after peeing.

I happened to be doing the same thing and watched him.

I made sure to never shake his hand for ANY reason.
The news has been telling me not to touch my face as it might spread the virus. But it's apparently allright for me to touch my, with a nod to Chuck Berry, ding-a-ling multiple times a day.

Tough times!

tipoc
Old 03-18-2020, 05:59 PM

Not touching your "face" could be better (but not pleasantly) described as "your orifices"

So don't take any more medical advice from Chuck Berry.
Old 03-18-2020, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolymerMan View Post
Anyhow... that's the story according to this news source. There have been a some attacks on people of Asian descent by idiots who think Asians are spreading the virus. So some Asian Americans are allegedly stocking up on firearms for self-defense.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/asian-...ock-up-on-guns
That just makes no sense at all...

Rick
http://www.guntipsandtalk.com/
IDPA Certified Safety Officer
Old 03-19-2020, 03:15 PM

It makes perfect sense...
People are stupid.....
The Chinese Americans are protecting themselves as they should.

We should come out with the DemoVID20 virus. Everyone would blame the Demoturds for the virus and they would have no choice but to arm themselves.
Old 03-19-2020, 03:25 PM

They don't want you to touch your face so you wont transfer the virus from your hands to your face, mouth, eyes, nose etc. You got it backwards.
Old 04-01-2020, 12:25 PM

The odd nut job popping up.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/texas-...ng-coronavirus
Old 04-01-2020, 01:00 PM

A typical punk and a coward. They always come at you from behind.
Old 04-01-2020, 01:59 PM

Funny how when this thread first went up, there was little panic buying, now its everyone and their aunt. Not even a month ago.
Old 04-01-2020, 06:34 PM

Brian48------------- re: your post. So to prevent the spread of viruses from a suspected Covid Carrier , a punk creates a bloodbath all over himself & the floor of Sam's Club?

What an ahole & moron. I hope he fries.
Old 04-01-2020, 10:18 PM

Yes it would certainly appear that people are losing it.

Ding dongs everywhere it would seem.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...Nut?li=BBnbcA1
Old 04-01-2020, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogerbutthead View Post
This has the earmarks of a hate crime.
Old 04-02-2020, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipoc View Post
The news has been telling me not to touch my face as it might spread the virus. But it's apparently allright for me to touch my, with a nod to Chuck Berry, ding-a-ling multiple times a day.

Tough times!

tipoc
Your "ding-a-ling" is not a ready infection path for a pulmonary (lung) disease.
Syphilis, Gonorrhea, or Chlamydia maybe.
Old 04-02-2020, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleEd View Post
President Trump will sort this all out as
he does most everything and all will be
well. He protects our guns and would
never turn on us since his word is his
bond.

And Scubadad, thank you for keeping
us on even keel as you do on a daily
basis.
I like trump, probably as much as you, but he hasn't done much of anything for NJ gun owners.
Old 04-04-2020, 12:07 PM

EVERY American citizen should be exercising their 2nd Amendment Right, no matter race, religion, sex, etc...! If it takes fear to start exercising it, so be it!
Old 04-05-2020, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911Pistolero View Post
I like trump, probably as much as you, but he hasn't done much of anything for NJ gun owners.
That will come in his second term. Heíll have nothing to lose. He has already planted Butthead there to start S#!t. I think itís working!
Old 04-05-2020, 12:33 PM

Yeah, me and Trump will probably have to flip a quarter to see who squares off against Phil/Goober come 2021.

And none of that "kali-mah" crap if I have to fight you, Goober Greywhale.

Sent from my K00C using Tapatalk
Old 04-05-2020, 03:41 PM
Super Moderator

Roof top Koreans will rise again !
Old 04-06-2020, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky T View Post
Roof top Koreans will rise again !
I thought that was a great response.
The police had pulled back.

The shopkeepers stepped up.
Good for them.
Old 04-07-2020, 06:42 AM

A recent report shows that 430,000 Chinese fled the country before the border was shut off. How long did they really know about this thing before we did? How many of them drug it here? Perhaps some of them have more reason to acquire a weapon than others. Perhaps many of them should be charged with a crime if they knowingly travelled to the US with that crap. And donít tell me none of them knew it.....
Old 04-07-2020, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolymerMan View Post
Anyhow... that's the story according to this news source. There have been a some attacks on people of Asian descent by idiots who think Asians are spreading the virus. So some Asian Americans are allegedly stocking up on firearms for self-defense.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/asian-...ock-up-on-guns
The daily beast is a left-leaning site, and their articles (stories) should be read with skepticism.

First, everyone - not only Asians - has been buying guns. Blacks, Whites, Yellow, Brown, LGBTQ, whatever.

Second - after a month, I've yet to see the spate of news stories of "violence against Asians" due to the corona virus. And if it had happened, you know the media would be all over it to saddle President Trump with the outbreak. But guess what has happened after a month? Nothing. There's no widespread violence against Asians.

Why? Well, gosh, turns out most Americans aren't rabid, ignorant racists ready to turn on ethnic groups at the first sign of distress. Kind of the opposite, actually. Here we've been trying to support local restaurants as best we can, buying meals for first responders for a "win-win," and generally trying to be nice to each other.

I'm quite weary of the "America the Racist" narratives. We're the greatest country on earth. Period. Over the last century we freed millions from dictatorships; we saved millions from disease; we have fed millions out of starvation; and we have been a beacon of hope for millions everywhere.
Old 04-07-2020, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogerbutthead View Post

1) Odd nut job is right, not a reflection of everyday Americans.

2) Source? The story links to....you guessed it... The daily beast.
Old 04-07-2020, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro.45 View Post
A recent report shows that 430,000 Chinese fled the country before the border was shut off. How long did they really know about this thing before we did? How many of them drug it here? Perhaps some of them have more reason to acquire a weapon than others. Perhaps many of them should be charged with a crime if they knowingly travelled to the US with that crap. And don’t tell me none of them knew it.....
One fact in the above is correct, the rest of it is not factual and speculation.

Since New Years Eve, which was when the Chinese government acknowledged that there was an epidemic, 430,000 people have arrived on direct flights from China to the U.S. Of these 40,000 arrived after the President's Feb. 2 order to close the border to China. These were person's of different nationalities. Thousands of whom were U.S. citizens.

279 flights from China directly to the U.S. have occurred since Feb. 2 Flights continued to land last week. This under rules allowed by the U.S. government.

All flights were regularly scheduled commercial flights with permission to land. Most landed in L.A., San Francisco, New York, Chicago, Detroit, Seattle, Newark and other major cities. Some direct flights from Wuhan.

Until mid January there were no medical checks of passengers arriving from China. Since that time they have been taking place. Mostly passengers have been required to fill out a form about symptoms and have their temperature taken. In one case on March 23 over 40 passengers landed at Kennedy airport in N.Y. were surprised that they were not quarantined.

Tens of thousands of Americans live and work in China and hundreds of American owned companies have deep business ties there. The same is true of other nations.

None of the flights were secret. They were all allowed under Federal rules including those after the "travel ban" after Americans and others tried to get home.

This was announced in a N.Y. Times article published on April 5.

When the President first announced travel restrictions to China on Feb. 2 there was push back from the WHO, China and Democrats in Congress. I suspect also from many businesses here. By this time the virus was spreading globally. People returning from trips and cruises were bringing it here as well. As many as 25% of people infected do not show symptoms. Actual testing for the virus is still spotty.

tipoc

Last edited by tipoc; 04-07-2020 at 10:37 AM.
Old 04-07-2020, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker2237 View Post
This x1000, this is exactly what it is. Asain guys of all varieties love any excuse to buy more weapons, I would know lol!
Since when did we need an excuse.
Old 04-07-2020, 12:32 PM

A very good post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEF View Post
The daily beast is a left-leaning site, and their articles (stories) should be read with skepticism.

First, everyone - not only Asians - has been buying guns. Blacks, Whites, Yellow, Brown, LGBTQ, whatever.

Second - after a month, I've yet to see the spate of news stories of "violence against Asians" due to the corona virus. And if it had happened, you know the media would be all over it to saddle President Trump with the outbreak. But guess what has happened after a month? Nothing. There's no widespread violence against Asians.

Why? Well, gosh, turns out most Americans aren't rabid, ignorant racists ready to turn on ethnic groups at the first sign of distress. Kind of the opposite, actually. Here we've been trying to support local restaurants as best we can, buying meals for first responders for a "win-win," and generally trying to be nice to each other.

I'm quite weary of the "America the Racist" narratives. We're the greatest country on earth. Period. Over the last century we freed millions from dictatorships; we saved millions from disease; we have fed millions out of starvation; and we have been a beacon of hope for millions everywhere.
A pretty good explanation as well.
Old 04-07-2020, 12:41 PM
Administrator

Normally the gun stores around me are frequented mostly by white people. The past couple of months the difference became like night and day, when the majority of those in the stores were Asian. So yes Asians are indeed flocking to gun stores, at least here around Seattle.
Avoid the temptation to replace everything on your brand-new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot at least 500 rounds through it first, then decide what you don't like and want to improve. Regarding vintage 1911s, pre-1970 pistols are highly collectible in original, unaltered condition and should NEVER be refinished or modified as it completely ruins their monetary value.