I've got the Glock "bug" - someone help me! - Page 5 - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 03-13-2020, 08:36 AM

I may be catching it. I keep circling the G34 drain and it's probably only a matter of time before I get one.
Old 03-13-2020, 09:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtq View Post
I may be catching it. I keep circling the G34 drain and it's probably only a matter of time before I get one.

Funny, I've yet to once even come close to considering it. I guess I must have had the vaccine when little and just forgot. Maybe I"m just drinking the right kind of Kool-Aid.
Old 03-13-2020, 10:21 AM

Well I for one am shocked....shocked I tells ya', that an EXTREMELY wealthy geezer 10 yrs my senior has chosen to dump his wife of many decades for a hot blond 1/2 his age.

I think this may well be the first time this sort of thing has ever happened?...…. I 'could' be mistaken? - LOL

Polymer&steel guns work, and work well. All steel guns work, and work well. IMHO it's ALL good. At day's end I only gotta keep ME happy, that philosophy applies to all who share this planet.

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Old 03-13-2020, 10:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyP View Post
Well I for one am shocked....shocked I tells ya', that an EXTREMELY wealthy geezer 10 yrs my senior has chosen to dump his wife of many decades for a hot blond 1/2 his age.

I think this may well be the first time this sort of thing has ever happened?...…. I 'could' be mistaken? - LOL

Polymer&steel guns work, and work well. All steel guns work, and work well. IMHO it's ALL good. At day's end I only gotta keep ME happy, that philosophy applies to all who share this planet.
I think you might have sold me. See, now if every plastic fugly gun came with a Hot Blonde then I would DO IT!! My wife might not be so happy about it, but I would. LOL
Old 03-13-2020, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro.45 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveVK View Post
Did you mean to say, "Hole"?[IMG class=inlineimg]https://forums.1911forum.com/images/smilies/biglaugh.gif[/IMG]
Freedom
What’s the word for multiple holes? 🕳️ [IMG class=inlineimg]https://forums.1911forum.com/images/smilies/eek.gif[/IMG]
democrat!
Old 03-13-2020, 02:19 PM

never experienced it. but this is a very interesting discussion to follow
Old 03-13-2020, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtq View Post
I picked up a G34 last year for idpa. Put some Dawson precision sights on it and it was a great game gun, no regrets at all. In the interest of full disclosure, I sold it and got out of that game. If I go back anything 9mm for competition, I’d probably go CZ.

Current 9mm carry gun is PPQ.
Most of my handguns are steel, because they don’t make late 1800s models in plastic.
Old 03-13-2020, 04:56 PM

Stupid reply took me to the wrong place....where am I??????
Old 03-13-2020, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejjjaaaa View Post
I solve the problem simply with

Oh, here we go.....
Does the rear sight double as the hammer??
Old 03-13-2020, 09:01 PM

I never thought I’d ever be caught uttering the word “Glock” on here, but the new Gen 5 Glock 45 9mm seems to be the best bet for the plastic world these days. Honestly though I’d never want to own a gun with a split trigger.
Old 03-14-2020, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Hood View Post
.... seems to be the best bet for the plastic world these days. Honestly though I’d never want to own a gun with a split trigger.
Truth be told... best bet for the plastic world: CZ

Can't beat them - and you won't even have to change a thing!!! Imagine that???
Old 03-14-2020, 12:17 AM

Get Polymer80, Glock with a 1911 grip angle and no serial number. Can't see any reason not to.
Troy341
Old 03-14-2020, 08:40 AM

I'll help you - the gun is okay except for the lack of a manual safety. Since the striker is always cocked after the slide is cycled, the trigger lever safety is all that prevents accidental firing. Since anything that would touch the trigger also touches the safety lever, it is of questionable effectiveness. IOW it might as well not even be there for all the good it does.
Carrying a Glock to me is the same as carrying a 1911 loaded, cocked and safety off, a condition you never want to see unless the pistol is being presented to fire.
I didn't understand all this when I bought a G23. I loved the pistol but as soon as I realized how it worked, I sold it at the next gun show.
I carry a striker-fire, but it also has a manual safety - I won't come near one without it.
Old 03-14-2020, 08:53 AM

Testimony time Brothers and Sisters,

I must admit I went over to the dark side about 9 yrs ago.

I like my .357 mags and my .45ACP.

Alas I decided to go to the dark side and get me one of those 9mm lugers.

Since going that far why not even darker.
Got a gen 3 Glock 26.

As it was Perfection , no way was I changing anything .

Well,
After about 7 yrs or so never had a misfire, misfeed and no Glock leg. So decided to keep it around.

Finally went to perfection and beyond and put Glock OEM night sights on it.
Don't get me wrong,

I still like my 1911 in .45 . But all steel is getting heavy to lug around in my golden years ( even though not quite there yet, but Workin on it).

Also like my .357 mag S&W but also use .38 spec +P if not carrying the Glock 26.

I do have another Glock. It is a gen 3 Glock 19.
But I changed the plastic stock dovetail protectors for Trijicon HD night sights.

I am looking for another 1911. It will not (maybe) be a 9 mm .

And I am not getting into a caliber war about that either.

Last edited by OttoLoader; 03-14-2020 at 10:26 PM.
Old 03-14-2020, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Hood View Post
I never thought I’d ever be caught uttering the word “Glock” on here, but the new Gen 5 Glock 45 9mm seems to be the best bet for the plastic world these days. Honestly though I’d never want to own a gun with a split trigger.
Ummmmm, what??
Not even close.
What Havanna said. You could throw in the Walther Q5 while you’re at it, not to mention all the Sig stuff....
That’s not even a race...
Old 03-14-2020, 09:12 AM

Am assuming that no one here who has enjoyed the pleasure of being seduced by a high-end 1911 would never lower themselves to lay w/ the $2 whore of plastic.

Don't trust Cavery Grips/American Gripz. He WILL rip you off.
All my 1911s are in .45acp. Why? Because no one makes one in .46cal.--Me
The 9mm is a SD cartridge fit only for women and Europeans--Me
Old 03-14-2020, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro.45 View Post
Oh, here we go.....
Does the rear sight double as the hammer??
why do you need a stupid hammer to be exposed at all ...
Old 03-14-2020, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1saxman View Post
Since the striker is always cocked after the slide is cycled, the trigger lever safety is all that prevents accidental firing.
Not completely. The striker is only partially cocked after cycling. Squeezing the trigger completes the cocking action. There are two other safties besides the trigger safety (firing pin safety and drop safety) that help prevent an accidental discharge.

And just for grins, here is a 10 shot group I fired at 25 yards with my Glock 19 gen 5 on it's first outing. While not as accurate as my ACW or Wilson Combat, etc., I only paid $500 new for the Glock.
Attached Thumbnails
20200309_131235.jpg  
Old 03-14-2020, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laytonj1 View Post
Not completely. The striker is only partially cocked after cycling. Squeezing the trigger completes the cocking action.
Note the CZ 75B in single action does the same thing. Pulling the trigger cams the hammer farther back before it releases. Just like the CZ 75B in single action mode, the partially cocked Glock striker has enough energy to ignite most primers.

A jewel from Ernest Langdon beginning at about the 2:05 mark to about the 2:40 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Db8t-f54Im0
Old 03-14-2020, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Rohrer View Post
Am assuming that no one here who has enjoyed the pleasure of being seduced by a high-end 1911 would never lower themselves to lay w/ the $2 whore of plastic.
I have a friend and fellow forumite with a Wilson (nice gun) with genuine ivory grips and other nice steel and he still has a few Glocks around. He appreciates all kinds, as do I.

R.I.P. Miss Andi. It was a fine, long run old pup and I miss ya. AIW
Old 03-15-2020, 01:03 AM

Glocks are made out of pretty flimsy parts and in my view, they are very ugly. But they work very well their accuracy is pretty good and their price is also good. I own one Glock. I also have a couple of Polymere80's and prefer them they have a better grip angle and they are not quite as ugly as the factory Glock. Plus if you spend the time hunting parts you can build a gun that has all of the good aftermarket parts for about the price of a factory Glock.

I like metal guns better than plastic. But plastic guns are good also. They are much comfier to carry around all day.
Old 03-15-2020, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejjjaaaa View Post
why do you need a stupid hammer to be exposed at all ...
“Stupid” hammers won the west!!
How else ya gonna fan from the hip? Yeah Yeah.....SA.......
Anyway, a revolver is far more accurate when you cock the hammer and have your target trigger snap like glass!
Old 03-15-2020, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Rohrer View Post
I've previously owned a $3k Springfield Custom Shop Fullrail Operator and 2 Ed Browns years ago. So, I do have experience with some higher end 1911s
Old 03-15-2020, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laytonj1 View Post
And just for grins, here is a 10 shot group I fired at 25 yards with my Glock 19 gen 5 on it's first outing. While not as accurate as my ACW or Wilson Combat, etc., I only paid $500 new for the Glock.
I never though I would own a Glock, but I’ve been impressed. I still like the XD(M) better for target work. No hiccups, plenty accurate, light and came with night sights, plus inexpensive.

Glock 19 - Gen 5 - 5 shots at 25 yds standing unsupported, two hands - slow fire. The X-ring is about 1.77”

Glock 48 - Gen 5 - 5 shots at 25 yds standing unsupported, two hands - slow fire Sights need drifted. I’ll take care of that when I settle on an ammunition.
Distinguished Pistol #388

Last edited by JayhawkNavy02; 03-16-2020 at 02:39 PM.
Old 03-16-2020, 12:10 PM

Not bad