Dillon Service - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 09-25-2019, 08:21 AM

Dillon Service

Just wanted to say Dillon stands behind there products 100%. I bought another press a 650 from my cousin. I had lots issues right off bat Dillon tech had me send it in and all I can say is WOW. Complete rebuild frame and all like a brand new machine 43 parts. Wish other companies in non firearms related businesses were this good even 1/2 this good.
Thanks Dillon
Old 09-25-2019, 09:15 AM

Doesn't surprise me a bit. I've had numerous assistance from Dillon when I first got into reloading. In every incident, they provided "top notch" support which I later learned was SOP for their organization.
Old 09-25-2019, 09:50 AM

I knew they would take care of from past experience as well but wasn’t expecting a new machine almost
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2019, 08:34 AM

The BLue !!!

Best money spent for reloading is "Dillon".
Old 09-26-2019, 11:30 AM

I've had my 650 for 20 years or more and stopped calling their customer service. I just buy parts now because I felt guilty with all the free parts and upgrades they have sent me over the years.
Old 09-27-2019, 06:55 AM

A little off subject and not trying to hijack the thread here-but I was wondering what kind of “updates” they put into the new xl750 that they are replacing the xl650 with. How long have they been making the xl650?

I just bought a new xl650 a couple of months ago and am happy with it particularly after adding roller bearings to everything, it just works better, but I don’t see any of that on the new xl750. So what is the advantage if any?

By the way, i’ve Called Dillon service for help a couple of times when setting my xl650 up initially and agree that they are pretty great to deal with, highly recommended.

Last edited by passx; 09-27-2019 at 06:57 AM.
Old 09-27-2019, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markm View Post
I've had my 650 for 20 years or more and stopped calling their customer service. I just buy parts now because I felt guilty with all the free parts and upgrades they have sent me over the years.
Ya know.....I think they appreciate that too. A lot more folks used to have good old fashioned morals. Unfortunately, these youngins just wanna take.
Thanks for the post....it made me feel good, even though I’m crotchety!
Old 09-27-2019, 08:52 AM

I have often wondered why their business model has worked so well all these years. Free for life and not just the person that bought its life but the press itself.

I have a number of 1050’s too that do not have the lifetime warranty that use the same plastic orifice tips my SD and 550 presses use. When I call to get some for the 1050’s I tell them it’s for them and not the others, they still won’t take any money and shop them out for free.

Wish they would open up a restaurant, buy one meal at regular price and just come back for a free meal anytime you get hungry...
Old 09-27-2019, 09:19 AM

Dillon service is top notch. I lost a ball end wrench and inquired about paying for a replacement. Dillon sent me a new one free of charge. I was floored to say the least.
Old 09-27-2019, 10:17 AM

"Good customer service" isn't really free. Those parts and shop overhauls just add a bit to the price of the next press they sell. I am in favor of their policy but I know it is figured into their balance sheet.
Old 09-27-2019, 04:42 PM

Yup, and Ill gladly pay them up front for it!!
Old 09-27-2019, 05:02 PM

Buy once(or many times) and cry once!! I am lucky that Dillon is just up the road from me, but when I purchase new things, I get hit with Az sales tax and shipping(unless I drive up to Phx. to get them).
Old 09-27-2019, 05:11 PM
Super Moderator

I have received their stellar customer service, bit when needing advice/education and when having a part that needs replacing, since the very early 1980's. In every single case, Dillon has been superlative in every way, leaps and bounds beyond reasonable expectation, and over the years I've discovered that is the norm for how they do business. I have bought 4 presses from them: The RL450 in 1982 that my oldest brother has and will come back to me shortly since he doesn't reload and can't shoot any more, 2 RL 550's that my youngest brother now uses, and my latest RL Super1050. One other brother uses their RL650 that he has had since about 1988 or so, and still uses it without issue. For my money, I have no reason to use any other progressive press solution for my reloading needs. Besides, I like the gals on the Blue Press catalog and the calendar..

Army M.P. 1971 - 1972
Wilsons: Several; Kimbers: 10mm (Wilsonized), .38S (Wilson barrel)
Old 09-28-2019, 08:49 AM

Sadly, one of our maintenance engineers at a particular property was asked to remove the calendar from his wall in the shop. Where is the line? When will this BS stop? Bunch of weak minded *$#@*&!!
Old 09-28-2019, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro.45 View Post
Sadly, one of our maintenance engineers at a particular property was asked to remove the calendar from his wall in the shop. Where is the line? When will this BS stop? Bunch of weak minded *$#@*&!!
We had a girly calendar in our transmitter room.
Somebody complained.
So we just locked the door.

God bless America and Mike Dillon
I just posted a photo of a square deal that came back from the mother ship.
The invoice said "00.00"
https://forums.1911forum.com/showpos...2&postcount=25

Last edited by Oldfut808; 09-28-2019 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Link to photo
Old 09-29-2019, 09:04 AM

Sounds like a reasonable action!
The “not knowing” will drive the whistleblower nuts!
Old 09-29-2019, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro.45 View Post
Sounds like a reasonable action!
The “not knowing” will drive the whistleblower nuts!
Actually it was always supposed to be secured, but we got lazy over the years.

Anyway, getting back to topic....
When I sent the sdb back, I received an rma number and was told that there would be an $80 charge. That was fine with me since it was in truly horrible non-working condition. I should have taken a picture.

A short while after I sent it in, it came back with that zero invoice in the picture.
I never got a request for $80.
Old 09-29-2019, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
"Good customer service" isn't really free. Those parts and shop overhauls just add a bit to the price of the next press they sell. I am in favor of their policy but I know it is figured into their balance sheet.
The beauty in this case is that the initial purchase price of the press, even if raised to cover some future costs, is still a better value than that of the competition.

I'd buy another Dillon without thinking twice about it.
Old 09-30-2019, 12:30 AM

I too, have experienced the great customer service at Dillon. I am a newbie with a used SD and still get really great input from the techs at Dillon plus little parts which I have problems with are sent no charge. I lost a wave washer, nothing wrong with it except I can't find it and it will be sent to me.
This is the best company for customer service I have ever dealt with.
Old 09-30-2019, 06:21 AM

It also tells a bit about their initial quality. No one wants to continually “give away” parts and service, so they build it right in the first place. The amazing thing is that they replace worn out parts as well. Everyone else considers that normal wear and tear and it’s not covered under warranty. Lifetime no BS is a pretty true depiction!
Old 09-30-2019, 07:22 AM

Thanks for replies. I used it over weekend works great. Happy camper
Old 10-10-2019, 06:19 PM

Dillon is #1 in my book
Old 10-10-2019, 07:25 PM

Biggest change on the 750 is the primer setup. They basically put in a larger version of the 550 primer system.. should be fine as it will not suffer from the 550's issue of the primer system always getting dirty from used primers as it will be in a separate station..
Old 10-10-2019, 08:52 PM

Took a wore out part in a few years ago, they replaced it and gave me a calendar.
Boy wifee was not happy when I hung it up, I ask her what's the problem I just look at the guns.
Old 10-10-2019, 09:52 PM

Location: The People's Republic of Illinois, most corrupt state in the Union.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post

Customer service (which includes parts) is typically folded into the "cost of doing business" when you take a business course in college. That figure is a percentage of your overhead. Dillon, and other companies, figure all that into their pricing.

Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice - Barry Goldwater
When Injustice becomes Law, Resistance becomes Duty - Thomas Jefferson