Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 01-02-2018, 09:59 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by IANative View Post
Retro models... Series 70's made to look like pre-S70's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infidel525 View Post
Really ? think about what you are asking for.
He's talking about the current Series 70 models (which mechanically are really pre-70 guns) but with the rollmarks used from 1950-1970, aka the "classic" pre-70 look. A large body of opinion feels that those were the nicest-looking rollmarks ever used on a Colt 1911.

As for the high-cap 9mm project, I guess Colt has two options: copy a Glock like everyone else has already, or come up with another oddball design like the All-American 2000 was. Colt is the only company that can screw up a Glock-like handgun, and I dread to think what a completely different design would look like.
Avoid the temptation to replace everything on your brand-new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot at least 500 rounds through it first, then decide what you don't like and want to improve. Regarding vintage 1911s, pre-1970 pistols are highly collectible in original, unaltered condition and should NEVER be refinished or modified as it completely ruins their monetary value.

Last edited by dsk; 01-02-2018 at 10:02 PM.
Old 01-02-2018, 10:10 PM

The AA2000 was a weird action design for sure. As was said of the Jaguar, occasionally everything worked perfectly.
But if they could make a glockoid with the finish of the all-metal AA2000, they would be a step above the usual charcoal and paint of the rest of the crowd.
Old 01-02-2018, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by javichin colt View Post
Folks,

Sorry to say but you will not see new Colt releases for this year.

The Python project will be delayed for a couple of years, the company wants to focus on the new Cobra revolver. You will see two new finishes for the Cobra revolver.

The high cap 9mm pistol is still in the works but will be released well before the new Python. In fact, we are anxious to get the first prototypes here in Europe.

Happy New Year to all of you!
Well played. Thank you for the update.
Old 01-03-2018, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsk View Post
He's talking about the current Series 70 models (which mechanically are really pre-70 guns) but with the rollmarks used from 1950-1970, aka the "classic" pre-70 look. A large body of opinion feels that those were the nicest-looking rollmarks ever used on a Colt 1911.
Exactly, thank you for clarifying. And in addition to the old rollmarks, the traditional LW Commander profile (sans beavertail) is appealing to me.
NRA Certified Instructor- Pistol
Old 01-03-2018, 08:39 AM

Ok how about a .22 ACE, if I can't have a Colt 9X25 Dillon I will take a Colt ACE in a deep Blue NOT BLACK finish!!!
Old 01-03-2018, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Exactly, thank you for clarifying. And in addition to the old rollmarks, the traditional LW Commander profile (sans beavertail) is appealing to me.
Yes, thank You! I was trying to say the same thing.
Old 01-03-2018, 10:59 AM

I think a plastic framed double action, that can be carried in condition 1, condition 2, or converted to Decock only, like that of the HK USP could fill the gap in their line up. Perhaps they could offer a DAO conversion kit, to please the striker crowd. (I know DAO, and striker guns are totally different, but they feel similar enough.)

Last edited by FNHipowerluv; 01-03-2018 at 11:04 AM.
Old 01-03-2018, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullzeye View Post
Colt Python revival would be a pleasant surprise
Supposedly they are considering this, but I was told what was more likely would be a new King Cobra.

I asked a COLT worker about this in my LGS which is where COLT employees have to get their guns they purchase from COLT at the Employee Discount.

Personally, I feel if the King Cobra is well made, they could sell brand new ones for $1000 and they would sell well.

Please be aware that there is also a member named Tom R. He and I are two different Site Members.
Old 01-03-2018, 01:08 PM

An original style Commander with bob-tail in Super 38 for me please.
Old 01-03-2018, 05:15 PM

double stack 9mm 1911, holding at least 15+1, 17+1 would be better. and taking already commonly available magazines from another mfr. Beretta Px4/92, Glock, SW, HK, Sig - just pick one.
Old 01-03-2018, 06:58 PM

"Retro" commanders and government models, as others have said, with low-profile sights.

If not a new Python, than I at least hope that we get a blued Cobra and also those "retro" sights that Brent promised for those of us who don't want the fiber optic sights.
Old 01-03-2018, 08:23 PM

Realizing it could be made in 9mm, I would like to see a revival of the .380 Government. The lines of the Mustang and Government just look better to my eye than similar competition.

Maybe bring back the all steel Officerís ACP with improved recoil spring plug retention method or bulk barrel and offer it in .38 Super.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-03-2018, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired AF CE View Post
I would love to see an S70 with rollmarks from the 50's and with a deep blue finish.
Yes!
Old 01-03-2018, 09:47 PM

Quote:
We have the same tastes in 1911, all my commanders have the original stubby grip safety , I even buy them when I come across them. I absolutely loathe the beavertail on a1911

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Old 01-07-2018, 05:39 PM

A ww2 period Colt , The great generation!!
Old 01-07-2018, 05:55 PM
Administrator

Last week I asked the owner of a gun shop I frequent why he hasn't had any Colts in his display case for several months, and he flat out told me they just didn't sell so he's not stocking them anymore. He also carries Rugers, Springfields and Dan Wessons, and he said the Rugers and Springers attract all the low-end customers while the Dan Wessons usually impress those in the higher range. The Colts would just sit there. If Colt does anything for 2018 they need to get their act together and start finding ways to encourage stocking dealers to carry their products. Do some rebates and make their various models a lot more available. For the longest time I was interested in a stainless Wiley Clapp Commander, but to date I still haven't seen one in person and don't know if they're even still available.
Avoid the temptation to replace everything on your brand-new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot at least 500 rounds through it first, then decide what you don't like and want to improve. Regarding vintage 1911s, pre-1970 pistols are highly collectible in original, unaltered condition and should NEVER be refinished or modified as it completely ruins their monetary value.
Old 01-08-2018, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Last week I asked the owner of a gun shop I frequent why he hasn't had any Colts in his display case for several months, and he flat out told me they just didn't sell so he's not stocking them anymore. He also carries Rugers, Springfields and Dan Wessons, and he said the Rugers and Springers attract all the low-end customers while the Dan Wessons usually impress those in the higher range. The Colts would just sit there. If Colt does anything for 2018 they need to get their act together and start finding ways to encourage stocking dealers to carry their products. Do some rebates and make their various models a lot more available. For the longest time I was interested in a stainless Wiley Clapp Commander, but to date I still haven't seen one in person and don't know if they're even still available.

Improving their QC would likely go far in this regard. Iím darn-near a dyed in the wool Colt guy, but I donít sweat it if I get one with a poorly fitted thumb safety, loose trigger, or loose grip safety because I have confidence in my ability to resolve the issues and donít mind putting in a tasteful aftermarket part in here or there.

Iíve seen many comments on other forums however where those issues are a ďdo not pass go, do not collect $200Ē issue to prospective buyers, and other brands get the nod instead.

Iím an enthusiast, and Colt doesnít need to win me over. They need more of the people in the middle of the bell curve, and most of those people donít want to spend more time or money fixing perceived issues after they fork over $800-$1,200 on a typical Colt pistol.

Having said all that, Iím looking forward to seeing other Colt revolvers, or at least the new Cobra available in a polished blue finish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-08-2018, 06:38 AM

Quote:
They need to scrap the stocking dealer program entirely. So many FFLs are in financial binds right now and cant afford to stock them, so they have decided to start nasty rumors about Colt, rather than admit they cant afford to stock them. You are correct about needing to raise the QC standards, but just as importantly they need to get rid of their stocking dealer program, I belive it has been damaging to the company.
Old 01-08-2018, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by javichin colt View Post
Folks,

Sorry to say but you will not see new Colt releases for this year.

The Python project will be delayed for a couple of years, the company wants to focus on the new Cobra revolver. You will see two new finishes for the Cobra revolver.

The high cap 9mm pistol is still in the works but will be released well before the new Python. In fact, we are anxious to get the first prototypes here in Europe.

Happy New Year to all of you!

I'm pretty much hearing the same thing.....I just wish they would come out with the front sight for the Cobra soon....I cant stand the fiber optic and I want to replace it
Colt LE6920 (2013 model) / Colt Detective Specials (1934,1968, 1977)
Colt Python (1979)
Old 01-08-2018, 10:31 AM

My 2 cents; given the growth in the concealed carry market I'll guess something small. They already have the new Cobra [I've never seen one..] and the .380 or an attempt to get back into the police service pistol market.
Old 01-08-2018, 04:09 PM

I would like to see an all stainless mustang in .38 super.
Old 01-08-2018, 04:25 PM

1944-45 USGI-clone Govt Models. Gray-green park finish.
Old 01-09-2018, 07:48 PM

A target gun in .22lr with no plastic would be pretty cool. Something to take on the S&W Model 41 & Ruger MKIV.
Old 01-12-2018, 10:05 PM

Wiley Clapp Defender and Delta Elite. Bring back 9x23 Winchester. Maybe better market it as a magnum 1911.
Old 01-15-2018, 07:12 PM

Blue Delta Elite in 1991 or Series 70 form.