Gunsite short triggers? - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 09-29-2017, 09:03 AM

Gunsite short triggers?

Anyone know who makes the short, aluminum triggers for the Gunsite Colt 1911s?
Old 09-29-2017, 08:03 PM

short trigger

I would think any short 1911 trigger would work. I replaced my colt govt trigger about a year ago. Ordered it from Remington's web site. All the short triggers at Brownells had the hole in the trigger face for a trigger stop screw. The Remington is solid.
Old 09-29-2017, 10:15 PM

Harrison Custom also carries short (and long, and medium) solid (no overtravel adjustment) triggers...good stuff.

Available in black or silver.

https://shop.harrisoncustom.com/trig...s?pagenumber=2
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpeg  

Last edited by MayberryCoSAR; 09-29-2017 at 10:21 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2017, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayberryCoSAR View Post
Harrison Custom also carries short (and long, and medium) solid (no overtravel adjustment) triggers...good stuff.

Available in black or silver.

https://shop.harrisoncustom.com/trig...s?pagenumber=2
^^ This. Harrison triggers are excellent. I have replaced all of my 1911 triggers with the Harrison short triggers.
Old 12-18-2017, 02:15 AM

I wouldn't say no over travel adjustment on the Harrison triggers. Rather it's by file with no access from the pad side
Quote:
The face of the trigger shoe is smooth; free from serrations and holes for the over-travel screw that can chafe and abrade your trigger finger during long training sessions.
The fixed over-travel stop is permanently locked in place so it can't creep in and render your pistol inoperative in an emergency. The initial adjustment to the over-travel stop is made by filing and re-testing until the correct amount of over-travel is achieved.
I wouldn't say "All the short triggers at Brownells had the hole in the trigger face for a trigger stop screw" given that Brownell's stocks the Harrison among others. I bought a black one there to match a painted 1911 and maybe look a little more industrial. Maybe not catch the eye like the aluminum. Maybe not but it suits me. I've also bought short triggers with serrated faces and file adjustment. I shoeshine a little bit to make the outside serrations less prominent and leave the center serrations proud to stabilize the finger pad mostly.
Old 12-18-2017, 04:48 PM

John's triggers are great but I prefer EGW's short trigger since it doesn't use an overtravel screw. Instead, there is extra material at that spot that you file away until you get a correct fit. One less thing to go wrong.
http://www.egwguns.com/triggers/
Old 12-19-2017, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve in Allentown View Post
John's triggers are great but I prefer EGW's short trigger since it doesn't use an overtravel screw. Instead, there is extra material at that spot that you file away until you get a correct fit. One less thing to go wrong.
http://www.egwguns.com/triggers/
That's exactly how Harrison triggers are set up.
Old 12-19-2017, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindynles View Post
That's exactly how Harrison triggers are set up.
Thanks for the clarification. My eyes must have deceived me. I thought I saw a screw sticking out of the back of the trigger in the picture on his website.
Old 12-19-2017, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve in Allentown View Post
Thanks for the clarification. My eyes must have deceived me. I thought I saw a screw sticking out of the back of the trigger in the picture on his website.
Harrison triggers have a set screw from the back.
Old 12-19-2017, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fj40 View Post
Harrison triggers have a set screw from the back.
It is a non-adjustable post that is threaded in. The instructions that come with them say to file it for adjustment.

Actually I could be wrong about that. I just checked one that I recently got from Brownell's and there is a hex socket in the screw. My recollection from a few years ago is that they were file-adjustable only.

Last edited by WaveGuy; 12-19-2017 at 01:41 PM.
Old 12-19-2017, 01:39 PM

Harrison triggers have a FIXED set screw that is staked in the rear. It is 'adjusted' by filing it down. It does not turn.
Old 12-19-2017, 03:37 PM

I put an Allen wrench in the set screw, it definitely does not want to move.