Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 09-24-2017, 02:58 PM
Banned

Rail Gun Changes??

Hey all! I am looking to buy a Colt Rail Gun, the black model:

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/...5ACP+5#reviews

So I have read that Colt has gone to a larger, thicker type rail section, dual recoil spring assembly, and more aggressive slide serrations... basically all the changes done to the Marine Corps M45A1, but on standard rail guns... any truth to this?

On Colt's website, they show these changes (though curiously only show a stainless model available, have the dark ones been discontinued?)

http://www.colt.com/Catalog/Pistols/Rail-Gun

So basically I am wondering where/how I can get a Rail Gun with the new M45A1 styling and features in black? I do not want an M45A1 as I am an Air Force gun and to have a Marine Corps pistol... yeah just wrong!

Any help guys?? Thanks!!
Old 09-24-2017, 05:56 PM
Banned

Guys I need your help on this one, please don't let me down.
Old 09-24-2017, 06:34 PM

May have to find new old stock or go with the Colt Combat Unit Rail Gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2017, 06:41 PM

Toots, sounds like your talking about this one? Yes, I believe they discontinued this version of the CRG pictured below when they substituted it for the Hackathorn inspired Colt CCU with front strap checkering, blacked out rears and front night sights.

Old 09-24-2017, 07:20 PM

The rail guns have had the M45a1 rail for a while now, so it'd just be a matter of finding what you want. As said, the Colt Combat Unit is a blackened stainless gun with front strap checkering, so probably a better buy for you.
Old 09-24-2017, 08:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoceNoctum View Post
The rail guns have had the M45a1 rail for a while now, so it'd just be a matter of finding what you want. As said, the Colt Combat Unit is a blackened stainless gun with front strap checkering, so probably a better buy for you.
And also as expensive as a Springfield TRP Operator, but with less features...
Old 09-24-2017, 08:48 PM

The gun you are referring is an early rail Colt it might have the new style 1913 picatinny rail frame or the older frame. If I was buying a rail gun I would get the m45a1. Yes it's way more money but you get what you pay for. They have nickeled internals. And are fitted loose. But still match accurate.mine amazes me even at 25 yards. If you shop for one you can get a deal. But just buying one at a shop it's 1700.00 , a lot of coin for buy in. The cool thing is they have mil spec drop in parts interchangeability. With the exception of the thumb safety. That's pretty cool. If you are set on the blacked over gun they are out there, but the newer style frame is more durable. I would for sure look for the newer frame. Nothing wrong with the old frame but the newer frame is better. It was redesigned with durability in mind. Good luck in you search. Look on gun broker. Check Colt rail gun.
Old 09-24-2017, 09:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by toocool45 View Post
The gun you are referring is an early rail Colt it might have the new style 1913 picatinny rail frame or the older frame. If I was buying a rail gun I would get the m45a1. Yes it's way more money but you get what you pay for. They have nickeled internals. And are fitted loose. But still match accurate.mine amazes me even at 25 yards. If you shop for one you can get a deal. But just buying one at a shop it's 1700.00 , a lot of coin for buy in. The cool thing is they have mil spec drop in parts interchangeability. With the exception of the thumb safety. That's pretty cool. If you are set on the blacked over gun they are out there, but the newer style frame is more durable. I would for sure look for the newer frame. Nothing wrong with the old frame but the newer frame is better. It was redesigned with durability in mind. Good luck in you search. Look on gun broker. Check Colt rail gun.
Yes but I can't bring myself to buy a Marine Corps pistol. Just doesn't feel right.
Old 09-25-2017, 03:02 PM

I have 2 Stainless Steel models that are the same model number but one has the 1913 rail and the other has the newer heavier rail. Both guns shoot fine and you will be pleased with either one you choose. I think Colt may have done away with the 1913 style rail but they are some still around on gunbroker. Colt has some very nice rail guns.
Old 09-26-2017, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurbitten View Post
Toots, sounds like your talking about this one? Yes, I believe they discontinued this version of the CRG pictured below when they substituted it for the Hackathorn inspired Colt CCU with front strap checkering, blacked out rears and front night sights.

I LOVE my CCU!!! took it out again this past weekend and flawless accurate rounds. The weight of the Rail really makes the .45 feel like I'm shooting 9's.
Old 09-28-2017, 09:52 PM

"Arms Unlimited" has them for $900.00. They look like a black M45 CQBP. Some have ambi safeties and some don't. Mine doesn't and only says "RAIL GUN" on the slide versus "COLT RAIL GUN". Great buy! I think it is black Cerakote though not Ion-bond and it doesn't come with night sights.
Old 09-29-2017, 11:22 PM

This is my Rail Gun. Added a Smith Alexander steel mainspring housing and some Colt wraparounds. Almost and exact copy of my CQBP without the rollmark!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2415_1506744951337.JPG   IMG_2417_1506744992816.JPG  
Old 09-29-2017, 11:27 PM

I believe it is Colt model # O1980RG.
Old 10-01-2017, 10:48 AM

Link. https://www.armsunlimited.com/Colt-1...-p/o1980rg.htm

They still show in stock with free shipping.
Old 10-01-2017, 10:50 AM

It does show an old stock photo but it indeed is the newer version. I was worried abt the same issue until I asked them.
Old 10-03-2017, 08:57 PM

I know of a store that has the ION bond upper/Stainless lower versions in stock with the newer M45 frame for $999.95. Just get the lower coated, prefer that over the Ceracoat on my Rail Gun.
Old 10-13-2017, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Stiles View Post
I know of a store that has the ION bond upper/Stainless lower versions in stock with the newer M45 frame for $999.95. Just get the lower coated, prefer that over the Ceracoat on my Rail Gun.
Where?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk