1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 01-16-2020, 02:27 PM

Florida Action - SB7028

https://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bil...ext/Filed/HTML

Above is a link to the text of the proposed FL State bill SB7028. The bill proposes to regulate/restrict private sale of firearms by requiring documentation similar to a Form 4473 - and have this non existing form notarized- , raise the min age to “use” a firearm, and require 16 hours of firearm training to purchase a firearm among other actions. Much of it is unclear. This bill also includes a number of non firearm related proposals. It is at best unclear, confusing to read and understand and therefore subjective and open to interpretation. I urge all FL members here to contact their State Reps and express their concerns.
The Governor and Speaker of the State House do not support this bill. The Senate President, a Republican as well as a number of Republican State Senators are supporting this bill and should be asked why.

"That which you come by too easily, you value too lightly."

Last edited by tractor; 01-16-2020 at 02:30 PM.
Old 01-16-2020, 02:44 PM

Your link doesn't work but this does:

http://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill...Text/Filed/PDF
Old 01-16-2020, 04:12 PM

Thanks much for fixing the link. I’ll get the hang of it one of these days.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2020, 05:11 PM

Here's an NRA-ILA link on the subject -- along with names, numbers and email addressess of the RINOS supporting this filth.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/2020...n-control-bill

Over the weekend I'll find mailing addressess for these RINOS, and will update this thread with them. Time to bury them with emails, phone calls, paper letters, etc -- you know the drill.

From The Article:

Quote:
On Monday, 1/13/20, it happened again. Senate President Bill Galvano picked a fight with Floridians who believe in the constitutional Right to Keep and Bear Arms. It is well known -- even by the media -- that in 2018 Bill Galvano orchestrated the creation and passage of the "Parkland Gun Control Bill." And, of course, it didn't stop gun crime or criminals. It only took away rights of law-abiding people.

So now, he's back for more gun control and it appears likely that Bloomberg's $500,000.00 "donation" to Senate President Bill Galvano is behind yet another Galvano gun control bill. -- SB-7028 – an admitted priority of Galvano.
Bloomberg is a problem, fellas. He has mad money, is mad, and is playing to the gullible.

How do we counter him?

EDIT: OK, this can't wait for the weekend.

Senator Travis Hutson 4875 Palm Coast Parkway NW Suite 5 Palm Coast FL 32137 386-446-7610 [email protected]
Senator Ed Hooper 3450 East Lake Road Suite 305 Palm Harbor FL 34685 727-771-2102 [email protected]
Senator Keith Perry 2610 NW 43rd Street Suite 2B Gainesville FL 32606 850-487-5008 [email protected]
Senator Tom Lee 915 Oakfield Drive Suite D Brandon FL 33511 850-487-5020 [email protected]
Senator Tom Lee 418 Senate Building 404 South Monroe Street Tallahassee FL 32399 850-487-5020 [email protected]
Senator Bill Galvano 1023 Manatee Ave. West Suite 201 Brandon FL 34205 941-741-3401 [email protected]
Senator Bill Galvano 305 Senate Building 404 South Monroe Street Tallahassee FL 32399 850-487-5021 [email protected]

-----------------^--------------
Member NRA, GOA, SAF, VCDL, FL Carry

Last edited by Old Grey Hare; 01-16-2020 at 06:18 PM.
Old 01-17-2020, 02:53 PM

It's insane... it will never pass when it gets to the main senate body. They want private people selling arms to have the transaction notarized using a form for non-FFL private sales... Really? Otherwise if you don't use an FFL or a Notary Public, you commit a misdemeanor when selling a gun in state.

I use my bank to notarize documents. They do it for free if you have an account there. So I guess I have to go in the bank, pull out the gun and paperwork and let the bank employee check the serial number? Yeah... what could possibly go wrong?

Nevertheless, it is Republican State Senators authoring this non-sense bill in committee. The Republican party should censure them.
Old 01-21-2020, 03:12 PM

I've been in cussfights with Keith Perry since his last betrayal when Scott was governor.
COTEP #0523
Old 01-21-2020, 03:54 PM

I’ve emailed my State Senator, Rob Bradley, and in addition to expressing my concerns over this proposed bill, asked him to ask his Republican colleagues why they support this bill. Waiting on his reply.

Old 01-21-2020, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tractor View Post
The Senate President, a Republican as well as a number of Republican State Senators are supporting this bill and should be asked why.
I can tell you why. The Senate President received an extremely large donation from Bloomberg's gun control group. Bought and paid for.

https://floridapolitics.com/archives...-don-jr-attack
Old 01-21-2020, 05:07 PM

One letter each to the RINOS who did this: 5
One letter each to the RINOS bossess: 5
One letter each to the gun rights folks I'm a member of: 5
One letter to the President,
One hand-written thank you note to the President (for at least mentioning the rally on the Friday before it happened)

16 pieces of mail, plus one tangentially-related card.

Not bad, for what was just one thing put out by NRA-ILA (that's how I found about this filth)

I love MailMerge in Word, what can I say.. terrific little force multiplier.

Bury the bastards in messages of all kinds!
-----------------^--------------
Member NRA, GOA, SAF, VCDL, FL Carry
Old 01-21-2020, 05:10 PM

The payback to Bloomberg begins.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...un-show-sales/
Old 02-01-2020, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ht77 View Post
i can tell you why. The senate president received an extremely large donation from bloomberg's gun control group. Bought and paid for.

https://floridapolitics.com/archives...-don-jr-attack
bingo!
Old 01-21-2020, 06:44 PM

This bill has not yet been presented for a full Senate vote. It was referred to the Judiciary/Appropriations Committee on the 17th. It was reported favorably out of the Infrastructure and Security sub committee with a vote of 7 for and 0 against on the 13th.
I have again contacted my Senator, Rob Bradley, asking him and his colleagues not to support this bill. I’ll be emailing him everyday, if I have to.

Old 01-21-2020, 06:49 PM

You probably already know but since Bloomberg conquered VA he has his sights on FL. Bloomberg said years ago if gun control was going to happen it was going to happen by one state at a time.
Old 01-23-2020, 07:26 AM

Bump to top.
Florida members, this is important. Contact your State representatives about these bills. I’ve written my State Senator and Representative every other day - still haven’t heard back and that’s starting to p*ss me off. We got to keep pushing them and HARD!

Old 02-01-2020, 11:09 AM

Bump to the top.
FL member, this bill has been moved to the Senate as of 1/22/20. No further action, yet. Suspect it will come up for a vote soon. I urge all FL members here to contact their State Senators and express your concerns over this bill. Remember that Republican Senators are sponsoring this bill, not Democrats. Also, remember that the Senate President, Bill Galvano (a Republican) is pushing this bill after his campaign received a Large $500K contribution from the Mike Bloomberg organization. We need to keep the pressure on these guys.

Old 02-01-2020, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tractor View Post
Bump to the top.
FL member, this bill has been moved to the Senate as of 1/22/20. No further action, yet. Suspect it will come up for a vote soon. I urge all FL members here to contact their State Senators and express your concerns over this bill. Remember that Republican Senators are sponsoring this bill, not Democrats. Also, remember that the Senate President, Bill Galvano (a Republican) is pushing this bill after his campaign received a Large $500K contribution from the Mike Bloomberg organization. We need to keep the pressure on these guys.
I have to agree with tractor. Calling the Senators will make a difference if enough people call. Have everyone you know call them. Bill Galvano is a piece of garbage. I lived in FL for twenty two years and can't believe what is happening in the Gunshine state. Guess I left just in time. Don't let what happened in Virginia happen in Florida. The worst thing you all can do is nothing.
Old 02-01-2020, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nod View Post
I have to agree with tractor. Calling the Senators will make a difference if enough people call. Have everyone you know call them. Bill Galvano is a piece of garbage. I lived in FL for twenty two years and can't believe what is happening in the Gunshine state. Guess I left just in time. Don't let what happened in Virginia happen in Florida. The worst thing you all can do is nothing.

If we had “likes”, I’d give you two.