1911Forum banner

Taurus magazine compatibility

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  1saxman 
#1 ·
Possible magazine restrictions in Virginia coming to 10 round mags. Want to know if 7 round 9mm mags from Taurus Pt111 G2s will fit and replace the 12 round mag in my Taurus Pt111G2 9mm millennium? Thanks. Trying to find something to reduce round count so I can still own this pistol.

#3 ·
Normally, those laws are grandfathered to exempt guns and mags manufactured before the ban...
In this circumstance, your pre-ban gun and magazine will go up in value dramatically.
I’d be trying to source stock mags if I were you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#6 · (Edited)
I believe the 7-round mag is a single stack for a slimmer carry and would not work in your double-stack gun. BTW, have you called your state reps? You could also join or donate to VCDL and NRA. Our demonstration in January was effective - other things are being done now but with the Mayor of Richmond making up laws, we may not be able to congregate (because of the virus) or be armed at a permitted demonstration, so we are being active in any other way we can. This thing is not for sure yet - Northam is constantly testing the wind and if he gets the idea it will cost the dems too much in the next two elections (2020 and 2022) he will back off of the ban component. He and Warner and Kaine have already come up with a non-ban scenario that they're trying to get the national party to adopt. Its everything else but a ban.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.