New Custom Carry 9mm Comanche - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 11-26-2019, 07:37 PM

New Custom Carry 9mm Comanche

Here is my new Les Baer Custom Carry Commanche in 9mm. I ordered this bad boy from Adam over at 1911 Custom Solutions on 9-27-2019, the only ďspecialĒ thing I added to the order was the removal of BAER Custom from the slide. It came in on,,, you ready for this? 11-19-2019. 53 days from order to my hands. Crazy FAST, Right.

Since he is a 1911 Les 9mm commander that I can sling shot, I call him the Blasphemer. This is my first Les Baer. After reading, hearing, and seeing how tight they can be brand new. When I picked him up from the Gun shop, and racked him. I was shocked at what I perceived to be not that hard to rack or press check. Iím not complaining at all.

Iím very happy with this setup. As you could imagine the trigger has that uniquely quality of lying to you about how good your skills really are.

I do plan to carry and use it in my ever continuing Civilian firearms trainging. So far Iíve only ran 653 rounds through him, and Iím rocking him in a JM custom Kydex AIWB wingman 2.5 holster.

Old 11-26-2019, 08:23 PM

Congrats, looks great.
Old 11-28-2019, 02:44 PM

Great looking pistol!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2019, 03:12 PM

I picked up a custom carry in 38 Super back in May.

Only 1,200 rounds through it to date. Runs like a top. Thinking about taking it down for it's first cleaning one of these days.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC02488.JPG  
Old 11-29-2019, 11:56 AM

I like how your grips are much darker. I'm not a fan of my stock grips color patten. That will be the only thing I plan to change on my CC.
Old 11-29-2019, 12:38 PM

Very nice and from your targets, it shoots like a Baer.

My last 2 Baers have had VZ grips. Are those VZ's??
Old 11-29-2019, 07:49 PM

Yes I can clearly see what you are referring to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDSNOLA View Post
I like how your grips are much darker. I'm not a fan of my stock grips color patten. That will be the only thing I plan to change on my CC.
I never gave it much thought until you brought it up. I definitely prefer the darker VZ grips that my pistol came with. What kind of magazines did they include with your gun? Mine came with two Tripp research Cobra mags. They work just fine and I have subsequently ordered more of them.
Old 12-03-2019, 11:51 AM

Iím not sure the grips on my CC or VZ. They look like your regular run of the mill wood grips. It did come with the 9mm cobra mags, they work great. I have also been running the Mec-Gar 10 round 9mm mags. Those run great as well, and they seem to be a tad smaller and donít stick out the bottom as far as the other 1911 9mm 10 round mags.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 01-01-2020, 11:01 AM

Happy New Year All!

Well Iím 976 rounds in on my Custom Carry now. Iíve been running a good bit of fast drill with it. The finish has been holding up well for the amount of times Iíve been drawing and reholstering, in my JM custom kydex holster.

My reload speed on single stacks, definitely leaves something to be desired. But Iím getting faster.

I also replaced the grips with some grips I found for my CZ75 compact a while back. They are very rough and give me good traction. They are called Lava Grips from
https://coppergungrips.com/ if anyone cares or wants to know more about them. I got them in white just to see how they would look.

Iíve blacked out the rear sight for now. I really would like to get a set of those Wilson Combat AmeriGlo Orange outline front and wide notch battle-sight rear, but Iím not sure thatís going to happen since Wilsonís dovetail sights seem to be smaller than Baerís. But maybe someone out in the world knows a trick or has the skills to make that a reality one day.

Old 01-02-2020, 12:36 PM

The 9mm Commanche custom carry is really nice gun. I bought mine back in January (had been sitting in their display case for over a year) and was starting to wonder if I owned the only one. Could not find anything on line about them other than the Black Baer. It is one of my favorite guns to shoot now. Mine does not slingshot but I really don't care.

Jim
Attached Thumbnails
gun5l.JPG  
Old 01-11-2020, 09:52 PM

My CC Comanche is nine years old now, and still locks up very tightly (I wouldnít have it any other way). That said; I was finally able to slingshot it starting about three years ago.

I have a couple of 1911s that cost a lot more than my Baer, and they are prettier. Neither of those two, or any of the other nine 1911s that I own, will ever replace my Baer as my all time favorite 1911. Ever...
Attached Thumbnails
4F7584FC-A698-4DCA-A95F-170863F7C8F0.jpeg  

Rick
http://www.guntipsandtalk.com/
IDPA Certified Safety Officer

Last edited by Rick McC.; 01-11-2020 at 09:58 PM.
Old 01-13-2020, 07:02 PM

Nice pistol and great groups! Love the three hole trigger against the grips.
Old 01-13-2020, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDSNOLA View Post
Happy New Year All!

Well Iím 976 rounds in on my Custom Carry now. Iíve been running a good bit of fast drill with it. The finish has been holding up well for the amount of times Iíve been drawing and reholstering, in my JM custom kydex holster.

My reload speed on single stacks, definitely leaves something to be desired. But Iím getting faster.

I also replaced the grips with some grips I found for my CZ75 compact a while back. They are very rough and give me good traction. They are called Lava Grips from
https://coppergungrips.com/ if anyone cares or wants to know more about them. I got them in white just to see how they would look.

Iíve blacked out the rear sight for now. I really would like to get a set of those Wilson Combat AmeriGlo Orange outline front and wide notch battle-sight rear, but Iím not sure thatís going to happen since Wilsonís dovetail sights seem to be smaller than Baerís. But maybe someone out in the world knows a trick or has the skills to make that a reality one day.

That is a good looking Baer!

FYI - I have seen a few 9mm full size Baers and none were fit as hard as the 45acp pistols. My thinking is that LB smiths compensate for less recoil force to make sure it cycles reliably.
Old 01-13-2020, 08:31 PM

Great looking pistol and shooting...
Old 02-19-2020, 01:44 AM

Yet another nice thing they won't let us buy in California.

- Montesquieu
Old 02-19-2020, 05:22 PM

Congrats on your pistol and nice shooting!
Old 02-23-2020, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris1971 View Post
Congrats on your pistol and nice shooting!
^^^^^ Ditto!