BHSpringSolutions.com Opens for Owners of the Hi Power design and Hi Power Clones - Page 4 - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 11-14-2015, 03:57 AM

New tool

Sirs,
I'd like to present to you a solution, that most likely will save your ceilings from being punched by firing pins. On the following video you'll see BHSS's idea for changing the firing pin spring. It's another tool inspired by the BAA's manual. Hope you'll enjoy it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WUb1SfZQ98

Please keep in mind, that this is only the working prototype of the tool. The looks of the finished product will be not that...Arcus like
Old 11-14-2015, 05:31 AM

Put me on the list for the first one off the assembly line!
Old 11-14-2015, 11:13 AM

I'll take one of those (depending upon price ).

Will it be finished in such a way that it won't scratch anything?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2015, 11:40 AM

WANT ! I'll take 3
Old 11-14-2015, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Coffee View Post
I'll take one of those (depending upon price ).

Will it be finished in such a way that it won't scratch anything?
It will be finished in hot bluing. The tool is made of instrumental steel and not from hard-plastic. Will it scratch - possible, depends on the user and the finish of the gun.
Old 11-14-2015, 12:27 PM

Will it also work with the FEG Hi Power clone, PJK-9HP? If so I will take one and then can use on both my Hi Power and FEG.

Thanks!
Old 11-14-2015, 04:33 PM

Not tested yet with FEG.
Old 11-14-2015, 05:54 PM

Watch collector,

FN Hi Powers and FEG Hi Powers are as dimensionally identically as they could be.
The internal parts are almost always interchangeable if done by a competent gunsmith.
By way of illustration, below is a .40S&W FEG P9M that has been modified with SFS, a Garthwaite trigger and Novak night sights.

While Slav is proper to state that the tool hasn't yet been tested on an FEG Hi Power, I would be flabbergasted if it doesn't work on an FEG, FN, FM or Arcus Hi Power.

Let us know how it works out for you!
Attached Thumbnails
DavisBHP.JPG   FEG SFS 40.JPG  

"I've been up early my whole life, and all that ever did was increase the amount of time during the day something could go wrong." ~ Inspector O

Last edited by Burgs; 11-14-2015 at 06:06 PM.
Old 11-14-2015, 07:13 PM

Slav, put me down for two of the tools...

V/r

Chuck

Fear God and Dreadnought!!

You can't miss fast enough to win a gun fight!
Old 11-15-2015, 01:52 AM

If the tool will work on a HiPower, FEG, Arcus or some other "clone", depends mainly on the dimensions of the FP retaining plate. I know that the retaining plate from BHP MKII fits perfectly on Arcus/Kareen. I'm sure that it will also work on a FEG but I won't say "it works" before we do the tests.
I think we'll be able to form the final price of the tool by the end of the next week.

Last edited by slav; 11-15-2015 at 11:03 AM.
Old 11-15-2015, 06:21 PM

Slav,

You have peaked my interest, also, concerning this upcoming tool.
Old 11-17-2015, 01:10 PM

^^Will first-round buyers gets their initials on them . . . .
Old 11-17-2015, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Coffee View Post
^^Will first-round buyers gets their initials on them . . . .
Hahaha that's good idea. We'll see about that. Depends on the production expenses

Last edited by slav; 11-17-2015 at 03:45 PM.
Old 11-18-2015, 10:09 AM
Banned

Slav:
I'd like 2 of these tools as well. Thanx.
Old 11-18-2015, 11:08 AM

Count me in for one as well.
Old 11-18-2015, 11:25 AM

Put me down for one!
Old 12-03-2015, 01:55 PM

New product news!

BHSpringSolutions Hi Power Firing Pin Retaining Plate Removal and Installation Tool!

After successfully perfecting the prototype, seen here in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WUb1SfZQ98

…..We have begun our first production run of this new BHSpringSolutions Hi Power Firing Pin Retaining Plate Removal and Installation Tool! As a side note, this firing pin retaining plate tool is a complex and rather expensive tool for us to produce – we feel fortunate to make it available to Hi Power owners at a price that remains affordable. We are taking reservation orders from members of the 1911 Forum – and anticipate being able to deliver this tool to your mailbox by mid-late January 2016.

Without this tool, Firing Pin Replacement can be tricky, and a little risky. If the retaining plate slips and “gets away from you”, during removal or installation of the plate which is necessary for accessing the firing pin and firing pin spring, you will “launch” your firing pin because it’s “spring loaded”. So, this tool is intended to help eliminate three primary risks:
1. Avoid the need to replace an eye, or someone else’s eye resulting from an accidental “launch”
2. Avoid the need to patch the hole made in your ceiling drywall by an accidental “launch”
3. Avoid the need to replace a damaged or lost firing pin resulting from accidental “launch”
This will be the final looks of the tool when it arrives in your post box (finish is hot “oil bluing”):

We sold out our first production run of BHSpringSolutions Main Spring Tools. We are now also taking reservation orders for this Main Spring Tool. Our second production run of Main Spring Tools was just completed . In case you missed that, here’s a video of how that tool works:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhYXjMnXqQ0

When our production catches up with demand for these tools from members of this forum and our past customers – these tools will be available on our website. Our final website pricing has also been determined: Main Spring Tool: $25 and Firing Pin Retaining Plate Tool: $29 – both prices include shipping.

We are currently making both tools available to members of this forum and our past customers, at reduced prices until marketing on our website begins in 2016. Main Spring Tool can be reserved for $17 and Firing Pin Retaining Plate Tools are $27. AND, purchased in combination….in other words, if you want both tools, we’re offering both tools together during this introductory period for $40. All prices include Free Shipping to addresses in USA. International Orders require an additional $14 for shipping.

To Order: Send an email to: [email protected] , tell us how many tools you want, and we’ll send back an invoice to you.

And we sincerely appreciate the support and feedback we’ve received from members of this forum – Thank You!!!

Slav and Mark
BHSpringSolutions Co-Founders
Old 12-03-2015, 02:55 PM

Email sent for 2 - Love what you guys are producing !
Old 12-05-2015, 02:45 PM

New BHP owner

I'm a new 70C 9mm BHP owner and a new forum member and have become a big fan of both.

Although mine is now 45 years old it shoots great but I know I should change out and service everything to keep it that way.

Love the custom tools you've come up with and have already sent in my request for an invoice to order those and more. (Thanks for the videos showing them as well.)

Glad that you're on the scene and look forward to doing business with you.

And thanks to this forum!
Old 12-06-2015, 12:34 AM

Ordered mine!

Already ordered mine from BH as well as replacement springs. Good group to deal with and I like supporting an American small business like them. Keep up the good work.
Old 12-06-2015, 09:31 PM

Alright love the tools guys I will definitely be getting a main spring tool. But had a thought can you make something that would make it easier to drive out that stubborn trigger pin? Maybe something like a steering wheel puller!? Something that would minimize the possibility of scratching your frame finish. Anyway keep up the good work guys.

Last edited by wild_Bill77; 12-06-2015 at 09:33 PM.
Old 12-06-2015, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild_Bill77 View Post
Alright love the tools guys I will definitely be getting a main spring tool. But had a thought can you make something that would make it easier to drive out that stubborn trigger pin? Maybe something like a steering wheel puller!? Something that would minimize the possibility of scratching your frame finish. Anyway keep up the good work guys.

I wonder if gunsmiths use a press for that trigger pin.
Old 12-13-2015, 10:19 PM

Hi from Mark and Slav at BHSpringSolutions
BHSpringSolutions End of 2015 Announcements to 1911 Forum Members -
First - Thank You to all who have followed us on this thread this year, and the many of you who have improved your Hi Power ownership experience with BHSpringSolutions Optimized Spring Kits, BHSpringSolutions Hi Power Tools, and BHSpringSolutions Masters Grips.
(Any newcomers to this thread - please check out Message #92 and Message #1.)

BHSpringSolutions will not be shipping any orders during the two week period of December 24, 2015 - January 6, 2016. We will continue to accept orders during this period - shipping will occur approximately January 7, 2016.

In 2016, we will take BHSpringSolutions concept of Optimized Springs and Spring Kits beyond the Hi Power. We will be making this announcement, first, on this forum, in the near future!!!

Also in 2016, we plan to introduce new Hi Power products and tools - those announcements will also be soon, and first, on this forum!

And we want to wish all of you, and yours, Happy Holidays from BHSpringSolutions! And again, Thank You for trusting us!
Mark and Slav
Old 12-14-2015, 12:16 AM

Mark said it right, and by holidays we mean Merry Christmas and Happy new year!
Old 12-16-2015, 04:28 PM

BHSpringSolutions Service To 1911 Owners To Being In 2016!

(New Readers to this thread should read thread Message #1 & #92 to quickly know what the 100 messages in this thread are all about.)

In 2016, by following the same concept we've applied to the Hi Power with Optimizing Spring Kits, BHSpringSolutions will introduce similar Optimizing Spring Kits for 1911 Owners. We will maintain the same Endurance Testing Procedure, exclusive to BHSpringSolutions, in our 1911 Optimizing Springs, and maintain the same BHSS standards of spring length and strength consistency, to include our closing coil design at both ends of all 1911 Recoil Springs, and all coil springs. By continuing with our Optimizing Spring Kit concept, 1911 owners will be able to Optimize or replace all springs in their 1911, with choice of multiple recoil springs (standard), and appropriate complete spring kits for both Series 70 and Series 80 1911s - - - and be able to do so at a price comparable to purchasing a couple springs and paying shipping with any other providers of gun springs.

We sincerely appreciate the support of our Hi Power customers (friends) in 2015. With much gratitude, THANK YOU! We are looking forward to taking this important step in the evolution of BHSpringSolutions, in 2016!
Mark & Slav