BHSpringSolutions.com Opens for Owners of the Hi Power design and Hi Power Clones - Page 3 - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 10-08-2015, 10:53 PM
Banned

15 round Mecgar.
Old 10-10-2015, 11:07 AM

Wondering if you guys are looking for new products to add if replacement guide rods for the Detective models might be possible ?
Old 10-10-2015, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrwhitt View Post
Wondering if you guys are looking for new products to add if replacement guide rods for the Detective models might be possible ?

Now that is a most interesting idea......what about it Slav??
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2015, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT40DOC View Post
Now that is a most interesting idea......what about it Slav??
Yes, the idea is mostly interesting in deed. We have discussed this with Mark and to this moment we are encountering two problems with this item:

1. We do not have source for new one to build the schematics

2. Finding a gunsmith who can manufacture the item within our quality requirements by maintaining acceptable price.

For the second point I believe we have the solution, but first we need to cover p.1
Old 10-11-2015, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slav View Post
Yes, the idea is mostly interesting in deed. We have discussed this with Mark and to this moment we are encountering two problems with this item:

1. We do not have source for new one to build the schematics

2. Finding a gunsmith who can manufacture the item within our quality requirements by maintaining acceptable price.

For the second point I believe we have the solution, but first we need to cover p.1

Now that is sounding promising!! You can certainly put me down for one or two if you find a way to reproduce them.....thanx for the info.
Old 10-11-2015, 10:02 PM

I'd buy 2 also
Old 10-12-2015, 09:49 PM

I"m in!
Old 10-19-2015, 11:47 AM

Rewarding fun - arcus 94 transformation

Hi all,
I'd like to present to you an article written by the co-founder and a good friend of mine Mark.

REWARDING FUN - ARCUS 94 TRANSFORMATION
By: Mark H., BHSpringSolutions Co-Founder

Within the past year, I located two new-in-the-boxes Arcus 94 (Hi-Power Clones). My father (Pops) and I purchased the pair. After some changes that transformed these Arcus 94s, we now regard them as two of the very best semi-auto pistols we own.

As Co-Founder of BHSpringSolutions, I’ve had some good fortune to be able to shoot and test many Hi Power pistols, from the FN/Browning Classic Hi-Power, to the Kareen Mark III, later generation FN/Browning Hi Powers, Compacts, etc.

Through all the testing of springs when BHSS was being born, and during ownership and shooting of many Hi Powers, one specific pistol always held a special place of impressiveness in my mind – an Arcus 94 surplus pistol I had bought for my father as a gift, several years earlier. Although it was a heavily used pistol, after a round of spring replacement, the reliability, handling, and accuracy of the old Arcus 94 never failed to impress. I feel like my reference point is fairly high – my 25 year EDC is a 1989 Browning Hi Power, altered with SFS, wide trigger, night sights, and BHSpringSolutions Masters Grips. So do understand that, as I write this, I’m taking nothing away from the FN/Browning Hi Power – I still carry one about 80-90% of the time.

The Arcus 94 had impressed me in just about every way possible – except cosmetics. Among the last Hi Power clones produced anywhere, Arcus incorporated the best of the best betterments that had been seen in a Hi Power. Frame and slide are slightly thicker than the traditional FN/Browning Hi Power, making +P ammo shooting, no concern. Later Arcus 94 model have beavertails. The trigger guard was refined from the way the Israelis did the trigger guard of the Kareen Mark II & III, the feed ramp is straight (not humped), and I had always found the fit of slide to frame and all parts to be excellent. Most Hi Power parts work in the Arcus 94, and so do Hi Power magazines. Accuracy and reliability, in the Arcus 94, are excellent.

The Arcus 94 has been out of production for several years, so we felt lucky to find two new ones at a good price. We each spent about $375 after receiving cost by our local FFL.

Two new Arcus 94s, with one already sporting a new set of BHSpringSolutions Masters Grips:

These new Arcus 94s had been sitting somewhere in storage for a long time. It was believable that we were dealing with new firearms – Arcus is known for really being generous with their rust-preventative which reminds me of a heavy grease. This necessitated disassembly and thorough cleaning.

These new Arcus 94s were an immediate lesson to us – about springs. Even though these were new pistols, never fired except at the factory, during disassembly, it quickly became apparent that many springs were needing replacement – with many of them falling well below BHSpringSolutions specifications for relaxed length – including the recoil springs and extractor springs.

After extensive cleaning, and replacement of the following springs: Recoil, Firing Pin, Safety Lever, Magazine Latch, and Extractor, it was time for an initial round of test firing. Initially, all function was perfect through the first 50 rounds. However, the next 50 rounds were not perfect, and both pistols began having failures-to-eject…and the failures became more frequent as we continued shooting. I noticed that distance of empty case ejection was inconsistent – with empty casings landing from 1-8 feet away, and everywhere in between. Further examination of the extractors, and observing how the extractors of both pistols were not doing a good job of securely holding the round in place, isolated the problem to be the extractors. As a quick test, and to satisfy my curiosity, I removed an extractor from a nearly new FN Hi Power and installed in one of the Arcus 94s, and through 200 rounds all function was perfect. When the original extractor was re-installed, failures-to-eject resumed. Rather than take the two Arcus 94s to a gunsmith to have the extractors adjusted/fitted, I ordered two new Hi Power extractors from FN/Browning. I understood that this would not be a “sure-fix”, since extractors are considered to be a fitted part – which means, a new one may drop into a pistol and work well, or may require a gunsmith’s expertise. Through several hundred more rounds in both pistols, we have had no further failures of any kind. I consider us lucky – the new extractors did drop right in, and appear to do their jobs perfectly in all respects.

As a side note, my father and I already owned 5 Arcus pistols, and this is the first and only time we’ve encountered anything that was not perfect. Apparently, once upon a time, the final fitting of extractors at Arcus didn’t quite measure up to their usual quality. I was thankful that it was an easy fix.

Another note about the Arcus 94 pistols. The Trigger Return spring in these 94s seemed extra heavy duty – and would probably never require replacement – if you don’t mind an extremely heavy take-up.

TRANSFORMATION

The Transforming changes we made to these Arcus 94s were:

1. Replacement of all springs with BHSpringSolutions Replacement Springs
2. Replacement of the stock rubber grips with BHSpringSolutions Masters Grips
3. Traditional Operating System replaced with Safety Fast Shooting System (SFS)
4. Stock Trigger replaced with a Wide Gold Plated Trigger
5. Heavy Arcus Trigger Return Spring replaced with BHSpringSolutions 3 Coil Spring

Because these Arcus 94s are intended to be carried for defensive purposes, replacement of the rubber stock grips with BHSpringSolutions Masters Grips was mandatory, for faster and sure holster acquisition when coming out of an inside-the-waistband holster.

The SFS system is a rather easy, drop in affair, as with an FN/Browning Hi Power, with one small alteration. When installing SFS in an Arcus, you will find it necessary to do just a small amount of filing of the frame in the area where the lever portion of the SFS slide-stop inserts into the pistol.

The combination of the Wide Trigger (I happened to have a couple gold plated ones), the BHSpringSolutions 3-Coil Trigger Return Spring, created an amazing trigger pull that is now superior to any trigger pull in our combined Hi Power collections. The Arcus 94 does not have a “firing pin block” safety, also known as a “drop-safety” – which means the trigger lever does not push against a Sear Lever Spring as with the Browning MarkIII Hi Powers. My experience with Arcus pistols is that the “break” of the trigger seems to be lighter, from the factory, than with the FN/Browning Hi Powers.

One side note here about the non-existence of a “drop safety”, is the importance of the Firing Pin Spring – it being the only thing standing between firing pin and the primer of a chambered round. Arcus used a much lighter Firing Pin spring than is typical for the FN/Browning Hi Powers. This was replaced with the standard BHSpringSolutions Firing Pin Spring, which is a much heavier spring, and safer in Hi Powers not containing a drop safety.

My business partner, Slav, sent over a pair of BHSpringSolutions Stabilized Wood Masters Grips, shown in the picture below. First time I saw these, I named them the “pimp-daddy” grips. For now, Pops and I have installed one of these grips on one side of each Arcus, with the opposite side remaining a Walnut BHSpringSolutions Masters Grip panel.

The standard Recoil Spring for the Arcus 94 is 15 lb. And these pistols are robust enough to tolerate +P ammunition without upgrading the recoil spring. In shooting some +P ammo through these 94s, we used the BHSpringSolutions 17 lb Recoil Spring. The 17 lb. Recoil Spring completely tamed the recoil of the +P ammunition, and empty shell casings landed 6-8 feet away.

Arcus 94 and Arcus 94C (compact version) Hi Powers are not plentiful, but they can be found on the online auction sites. They are economical, and transforming one can be great fun. The build quality of these semi-autos makes them worthy.
Old 10-21-2015, 01:30 AM

Main spring tools update

I'm happy to inform you that all ordered main spring tools are shipped to the customers. We expect the tools to show up on Fri-Saturday at customer addresses.
Thank you all for your patience!
Old 10-21-2015, 06:10 PM

It will be like Christmas for adults. Thanx for the update!!
Old 10-21-2015, 08:38 PM
Banned

Thank you; that is very good news.
Old 10-21-2015, 09:00 PM

Main Spring Tools - and some THANK YOUs!!!!

Hi Guys-
Mark from BHSpringSolutions..... a.k.a "Slav's partner"!
Yesterday, (10/20/15), our first production run of BHSS Hi Power Main Spring Tools landed in my hands. All orders were shipped by the afternoon on 10/20. And from our first production run, tonight I have only 8 Main Spring Tools remaining on hand. For anyone who has not read this entire thread, here is the tool I'm talking about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhYX...ature=youtu.be

Purchases by members of this forum exceeded all of our expectations (we had anticipated sending out an email to all of our past customers shortly after posting the announcement on this thread back on 8/31/2015. We are just now sending out that email to our past customer base, because of your response.) THANK YOU.

Now, this is going to be a weird kind of admission to make, but yesterday was also my first time personally to hold and use one of these main spring tools. (Take that to confirm that I do have ultimate confidence in Slav who is personally involved in the one-at-a-time hand made production of these tools, and tests each finished tool on a Hi Power Hammer and Strut Assembly - no kidding.) And at the risk of really sounding like I'm tooting my own horn (which I am not because the perfecting and production of these tools has been all Slav) I'm going to give you a review of my own company's main spring tool:

"Guys, you are going to love this! I sat here and changed out the Hi Power Main Spring, on the same strut, 3 times yesterday - because I got such a kick out of how simple this tool makes a main spring change out - it is a game changer. The quality and consistency of the tools is just excellent."

Needless to say, our second production run IS under way! And by the way, the $15 introductory pricing has ended. Our website price, when we make them available at our website will be $20 (shipped free). But until that time, we are continuing to offer an introductory price to members of this forum of $17 for 1 tool, or 2 Tools for $30. If you order and we've already sold out the stock on hand, you'll receive from the second production run when finished. Email us at: [email protected] and let us know if you want 1 or 2 tools.

For you forum members who have been following BHSpringSolutions and this thread, I wanted to take a moment to spread around some very deserved gratitude.

First, when you guys receive this Main Spring Tool and use it, post a Thank You to Slav on this forum. This guy is a class act, gives a d___ like you can't believe, he's also a Hi Power fanatic, and is sincerely the best business partner anyone could ask for. And from me - Slav, Thanks Man!

And a huge Thank You to the members of this forum and our customers for your generosity in providing your gracious feedback and support for BHSpringSolutions and the products we're producing and providing. It is due in large part to your support through word of mouth that BHSpringSolutions has grown each month since opening bhspringsolutions.com in early July of this year. In the sincerest way possible, and on behalf of both of us, THANK YOU!

Mark, BHSpringSolutions
www.BHSpringSolutions.com

Last edited by Mark_67x; 10-21-2015 at 09:49 PM.
Old 10-22-2015, 07:37 AM

Ok, didn't saw that coming...

Here's another one for you guys - as a "Thank you" sign for the ones who first decided to support us and give this tool a chance, the first batch of 25 produced Main Spring Tools are marked with two sets of initials - on the one side it's BHSS (obviously ) and on the other side are the initials of the owner.
Of course those are punched by hand and you should not expect laser straight arrangement. It's more like "personal touch".
Old 10-22-2015, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slav View Post
Ok, didn't saw that coming...

Here's another one for you guys - as a "Thank you" sign for the ones who first decided to support us and give this tool a chance, the first batch of 25 produced Main Spring Tools are marked with two sets of initials - on the one side it's BHSS (obviously ) and on the other side are the initials of the owner.
Of course those are punched by hand and you should not expect laser straight arrangement. It's more like "personal touch".

You guys are killin' me. I love this.

By the way, I wear a Medium if you got any BHSpringSolutions t-shirts.
Old 10-22-2015, 02:39 PM

I'm chiming in late to the conversation, although I have already received the spring kits you sent me and am glad to hear the tools are on their way. I just wanted to comment on the magazine kits and the Detective spring kits. Yes I would purchase both 13 and 15 round kits and the Detective kits. So grateful that you are able to manufacture and supply these items. Thanks again!
Old 10-23-2015, 06:32 PM

I received my tool and have already replaced the main spring on an FEG PJK-9HP. Tool works perfectly and makes the job so easy.

Now, Slav, how about a tool for holding the hammer back when reassembling the pistol? Cable ties work, but are kind of a pain.

Oh yeah, the initials are a cool touch!!
Old 10-23-2015, 07:29 PM

I received my order from BHSpringSolutions today and am pleased with their products. I haven't had a chance to use the mainspring tool as yet, but it looks like it can surely help out my arthritic hands. "BPH" has ask a very good question concerning another tool that would help out BHP owners on reassembly.
Old 10-23-2015, 09:33 PM

Make one as described in the BHP Field Service Manual, pg.9, and you've got it. It's in the sticky with Chuntaro's name, post #4.

Last edited by Warthogge; 10-23-2015 at 09:35 PM. Reason: clarify location
Old 10-23-2015, 09:51 PM

Got my tool in the mail today. Some nice coupons as well. Thanks again!
Old 11-08-2015, 08:04 PM

Late to post but I received my tools along with this first group. Haven't used the tools yet but they look nice and I did notice the initials stamped on the tools thanks Slav.

Mark
Old 11-10-2015, 09:44 AM

teaser

Hi all!
It's been some time since my last post here, but this was for a reason. We are working on the idea to provide the essential tools, that would make the life of every HiPower owner easier.
I'm sure most of you will recognize what's on the pictures below.
Currently we are on testing stage. More info, pictures and videos to come...

Old 11-10-2015, 10:20 AM

Slav,
I have the hammer spring tool and it is great. I was going to ask you if you could make additional tools, but it looks like you're already on it!
Old 11-10-2015, 02:14 PM
Banned

Slav:
I'm on board when their ready. Your spring tool is quality and well made; thanks.
Old 11-11-2015, 12:16 AM

Gents, the main spring tools are on backorder now. I'm working on the next batch. Expecting to be ready in the middle of January 2016.
Thank you all for the support
Old 11-11-2015, 01:54 PM

Special gold trigger offering

SPECIAL GOLD TRIGGER OFFERING
By: Mark Howe Co-Founder BHSpringSolutions

We (BHSpringSolutions) have 2 WIDE Gold Hi Power Triggers we’re offering to the first two 1911 Forum Members who send us an email to: [email protected]

Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_2621.JPG
Views:	23
Size:	2.29 MB
ID:	155432

At one time, these triggers were available from FN/Browning . Both are new in original packaging. During our optimizing/customizing adventures, these wide gold triggers have become one of our personal favorite upgrades.

These are not just “bling” for your Hi Power. The wider surface area that contacts the trigger finger creates a perceived lighter trigger pull. Another thing we appreciated was the realization that gold interacts with the skin differently than steel and does enhance trigger control. It would seem that Browning’s use of gold triggers on their long guns is more than for the “bling”.

Name:	005.JPG
Views:	19
Size:	2.25 MB
ID:	155434

The curve of these triggers assures that trigger finger positions perfectly & never too high on the trigger.

Name:	SAM_2623.JPG
Views:	23
Size:	2.36 MB
ID:	155435

After installing one of these triggers on my own Hi Power, I was extremely enthused. Today, my partner and BHSpringSolutions Co-Founder, Slav, as well as my father, have added one of these triggers to their EDC Hi Powers. We consider them to be the best Hi Power trigger solution we’ve found – and the appearance, or course, is also excellent!

Price is: $130 each and includes:
FREE INSURED SHIPPING
One FREE BHSpringSolutions Complete Optimizing Hi Power Spring Kit (A $29 value)
20% Discount Voucher at BHSpringSolutions.com
Opportunity to purchase a set of BHSS Masters Grips for $59 including engraved left grip with John Browning’s portrait. (A $99 Value)