BHSpringSolutions.com Opens for Owners of the Hi Power design and Hi Power Clones - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 08-09-2015, 05:10 PM

BHSpringSolutions.com Opens for Owners of the Hi Power design and Hi Power Clones

A BOLD INTRODUCTION

We want to share a bold fact with you, right from the start. BHSpringSolutions is not in competition with any other supplier of springs for the Hi Power design – because none of them can compete with us. Our final proprietary Optimized designs of every spring in the Hi Power, are superior in function, quality, and dimensional and strength consistency, to all springs currently available from any other supplier.

We are also supplying never before available springs such as the 2-Recoil-Spring design unique to the FM Detective. Certain Hi Power Clones like the Kareen Mark II/III and Arcus 94, utilize different recoil springs than the Browning Hi Power, we’ve solved this with Optimized Spring Kits specific to these models. Owners of Compact Hi Power such as the Arcus 94C, Kareen Compact, and the FM Detective, never had a source for replacement Recoil Springs at all, prior to BHSpringSolutions, those owners are now being served.

AN EVEN BOLDER CLAIM (FACT)

A BHSpringSolutions Optimizing Spring Kit will improve a brand new, just produced, Browning Hi Power – in multiple ways. Every BHSpringSolutions Optimizing Spring Kit contains our exclusive Optimizing Springs for the Hi Power’s Trigger Sub-Assembly. When you click here: http://bhspringsolutions.com/home/52...pring-kit.html
and scroll down, you can read a short explanation of what we did to Optimize every spring in the Hi Power.

BHSpringSolutions HISTORY

After two years of continuous research and development, trials and testing, and many times “back to the drawing board” (believe it), BHSpringSolutions.com has
now opened.

As Co-Founders of BHSpringSolutions, we bring to the table a different perspective of understanding about the needs of the Hi Power owner. We daily carry the Hi Power design for personal protection, and we continue to train and drill with the Hi Power design monthly. Our experience with the Hi Power design has spanned over 2 ½ decades.

We understood from personal experience that the availability of products, springs and tools, specifically focused on the Hi Power design, was hit and miss at best. Many previous manufacturers of the Hi Power and Clones have stopped production in favor of the newer, and cheaper to build “dishwasher safe” designs. When we personally purchased replacement springs over the years from available sources, we often encountered out-of-stock problems, dimensional and strength inconsistencies, and in some cases no availability at all of basic things like Recoil Springs for the Hi Power clones (which in some cases are not the same as used in the FN/Browning Hi Powers) and no availability of some unique springs such as the 2-Spring Recoil Spring design of the FM Detective.

Both Co-Founders of BHSpringSolutions have also been active participants in on-line Hi Power forums, like this one, for many years. Our knowledge increased even more from this interaction with owners like yourself – and in the process, we learned even more about the needs of Hi Power Owners, which developed into additional products. Users of the SFS System will enjoy our Optimized SFS Replacement Springs that enhance all functions of the SFS System: http://bhspringsolutions.com/fm-hi-p...g-kit-sfs.html

UNCOMPROMISED QUALITY – TESTED

Before springs for BHSpringSolutions leave the factory, a representative sample of each production run are tested through 10,000 mechanical cyclings. You can see that demonstration here: http://bhspringsolutions.com/content/50-videos

Additional Testing continued, with a continuous rapid firing of 200 consecutive rounds through one of the Co-Founders personal carry Hi Powers, using high capacity magazines. We wanted to prove that our springs are impervious to the highest heat conditions that any Hi Power owner is likely to create. Function was perfect during this testing, and the BHSpringSolutions recoil spring was unaffected.
Why did we do this? The primary reason was because we had found that some after-market springs we had purchased in the past, have insufficient stamina. We learned why some suppliers of Extractor Springs sell 10-Packs….it’s because they are mush after less than 2 years installed, and our experience with the same company’s recoil springs was similar. It was never our goal to be “as good” as anyone else – our goal was to be superior to all other sources of Hi Power springs.

“All John Browning designed handguns are hard on springs.” - Nicholas J. Riggio, President of Commemorative Arms Company.
This was sage advice we received years ago on a phone call with Mr. Riggio. (His company sells parts and springs for many of the discontinued Browning handguns.) Compressed springs are exerting constant energy, and nothing exerts energy forever. Every spring in the Hi Power is compressed when installed. New and correct dimension and strength springs can return many Hi Powers to out of the box like new function.
While BHSpringSolutions was still in the product development stages, we recalled some of our own personal experiences with spring products from a popular after-market manufacturer. We had experienced Extractor Springs that were mush, after less than two years in the pistol and less than 3,000 rounds. That company’s answer is to sell Extractor Springs in 10-packs! For the record, selling 10 packs of springs that are of poor quality is not the right answer. You will not be experiencing springs from BHSpringSolutions turning to mush in two years.
We also anticipated that Hi Power owners would soon ask us “How often should I replace springs in my Hi Power?” It is both a legitimate question and a trick-bag of a question at the same time. And it is a different answer, depending on the owner’s use. The BHSpringSolutions answer to the question, applies especially to Hi Powers carried for personal protection, or actively used in a home defense role. Our “best practices” suggestion, to be always sure, is Every 5 Years or 5,000 Rounds.
Cost-Benefit: All BHSpringSolutions Optimized Spring Kits are priced $25 - $29, which means Hi Power owners can embrace a best-practices approach and have “Always Optimal” for around $5.00/year, or less than 50 cents/month. And if you have your calculator– we can guarantee, you will never find a way to buy more Peace of Mind for only 1.6 cents per day.

NOT JUST SPRINGS

BHSpringSolutions Tools
As Hi Power owners, we had encountered other challenges of Hi Power ownership. We have a collection of handles from broken 1/16” Pin Punches that are necessary for some of the Hi Power’s disassembly points. And when we discovered that many tool makers have completely stopped production of 1/16” Pin Punches, we decided to see if we could fill that void in the market. Our Hi Power Pin Punch Tools Kit, contains a stout 1/16” Starter Punch designed to keep you working, instead of running out the hardware store. See that Solution Here:
http://bhspringsolutions.com/home/8-...tools-set.html

Most pistol owners understand that a well-polished barrel feed ramp is a good thing. Many Hi Power users who operate with the Magazine Disconnect installed understand the benefit of polishing the Magazine Disconnect and the face of the Magazines. And for those who like to restore and refurbish used/surplus Hi Powers, an excellent Polishing Kit is required. The BHSpringSolutions Polishing Kit will handle all polishing needs, in many cases, for an owners lifetime: http://bhspringsolutions.com/bhss-to...shing-kit.html

BHSpringSolutions MASTERS GRIPS

We have always enjoyed the superiority of a Wood and Steel Hi Power. And the development of our MASTERS GRIPS for the Hi Power AND the 1911, has been one of our proudest accomplishments. Our requirements were:
1. PRESENTATION GRADE WALNUT GRIPS
2. THAT ARE SUPERIOR FOR TACTICAL USE
3. THAT CAN BE CUSTOMER PERSONALIZED
4. AT AN AFFORDABLE PRICE
You can read all about the benefits of BHSpringSolutions Masters Grips by clicking here: http://bhspringsolutions.com/content...wer-1911-grips
And some examples of MASTERS GRIPS that have been produced and are now offered can be seen here: http://bhspringsolutions.com/46-bhss-masters-grips

Can Superior Grip Panels REALLY make that much of a difference in a shooter’s performance and effectiveness with a handgun? We know from our own experience that the answer is: ABSOLUTELY. The hand’s grip on the 1911 or Hi Power is the Command and Control Center of everything that happens next.

IN CONCLUSION

As Co-Founders of BHSpringSolutions, our position in the market place is different. We understand the benefits and superiority of our products, because we’re using all of them ourselves. We are available to you to answer questions that you may have prior to purchase, and we are available to you should questions arise after purchase.

Prior to the opening of BHSpringSolutions.com on July 4, 2015, we were selling our products on eBay and GunBroker. We now have a substantial customer feedback track record for all of our products – and we are proud to have a 100% positive customer feedback rating, everywhere. And we intend to maintain that level of customer satisfaction.

We KNOW that the Hi Power, and the 1911, are History’s Greatest Handguns ever produced – and it is with great pride and enthusiasm that we can now help owners like you, enhance the performance and enjoyment of the investment you’ve made.

Be Confident. Be Proud. And Enjoy.
Mark & Slav, Your BHSpringSolutions Co-Founders

Last edited by slav; 08-10-2015 at 02:21 AM.
Old 08-09-2015, 06:52 PM

Thanks for posting this here and for stepping up for HP users! May you be wonderfully successful!
Old 08-09-2015, 07:01 PM

Excellent Springs

I have tried several of the springs from BH Springs, in my High Powers as well as in my .357SIG HP and a .40SAW High Power.

I'm happy to say I have gotten really excellent results with these products.

They springs give every indication of being very well made... I expect to get a lot of use from them.

BTW, I don't own any stock in BH Springs... I'm just a satisfied user.

FWIW

Chuck

Fear God and Dreadnought!!

You can't miss fast enough to win a gun fight!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2015, 07:43 PM

Thank you for posting!!
Scott
Old 08-10-2015, 08:42 PM

I have used the HP/FEG clone set and they work just fine. I would recommend using them.
Old 08-11-2015, 04:33 PM

Well, I'm darn sure going to give them a chance in my Novak built Hi-power. It was modded in '91 and I'm sure some of the springs could use replacing by now. I've been changing recoil springs all along, but some of the others are probably the original Browning parts. I like the idea of being able to purchase all the springs in the pistol in one kit of matched parts.
Old 08-11-2015, 08:00 PM

AWESOME WEBSITE. I dig the idea having a dedicated BHP store. And totally reasonable to boot? Will you be selling springs individually?
Old 08-12-2015, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twodollardoug View Post
AWESOME WEBSITE. I dig the idea having a dedicated BHP store. And totally reasonable to boot? Will you be selling springs individually?
I'm happy you like the web site.
Selling springs individually is something we prefer not to do (for the moment at least). There are several reasons for this.
My personal approach to springs is that I'd prefer to know who the supplier of each spring in my gun is. When I'm selling or buying (from the customer point of view) a whole spring kit I'd like to KNOW that every spring in it is manufactured according certain standards from a manufacturer I know. Just let me point this out - I'm not speaking about who's selling the springs but about who is making them. This will give me the peace of mind I need to trust this gun as my EDC weapon. It's also good to know that every spring we sell comes from the same manufacturer. I prefer not to call him a supplier because I've been to his facilitates and have seen the whole process. I'm proud that the springs you'll find in our kits are not just any found in some warehouse springs that works and answers the technical requirements but they are freshly made, tested, and approved especially for BHSpringSolutions. We feel comfortable with who our spring manufacturer is and you can see this in the "Quality" section of the website. We wanted all our customers to be confident in what they are getting, so we attached our manufacturers certificates for quality control processes and materials used for spring production.

Another reason will be that I don't like the mix and match approach when it goes to self-defense gun. When we talk about range guns only the fantasy is the limit but for EDC I see things different. Once again - I personally won't feel comfortable with heavier firing pin spring combined with lighter main spring and heavier recoil spring in my EDC gun. For the range it's fun to test, but when the gun is in the holster under my shirt I demand 100% reliability. The kits are giving me the desired peace of mind because the springs are perfectly matched and their teamwork is tested.
Old 08-13-2015, 12:29 PM

The inability to buy springs individually makes the website and business a non-starter for me. Or, at least until a time happens when I am looking to change out all the springs that also happen to be found in a spring kit.

I appreciate that some people need guidance on what springs they should change, and when, but that isn't me. Additionally, what I run when on the range is not what I run when the pistol goes in the holster and leaves the range. Not just as far as ammunition, but the recoil spring as well. Speaking only for myself, a one size fits all approach that presumes that I always want one particular flavor of springs oriented towards "a self defense gun" just doesn't work. It may well be pretty much on hand all the time in case of necessity, but the reality is that I have probably fired over a couple of hundred thousand rounds out of the favorite BHP on the range over the last 40 years, but I have yet to fire a single shot out of it in self defense. I address that with my choices in ammunition and springs.

I'm not questioning the work that was done to choose the springs contained in each group of springs offered for sale, it's just an approach that is too inflexible for me. Which is too bad, because I do like what appears to be a lot of attention paid to QC/QA.
Old 08-13-2015, 01:41 PM

Hi Jager and 1911 Forum - this is Mark....the other half of the "BH" equation. Thank you very much for your post - it brings up a subject that Slav and I discussed a long time ago when we were business planning - and we're happy to share that with you and the 1911 Forum.

We understood in the beginning that our customers would range from "very novice" to "very advanaced" including gunsmiths. We came to a fast conclusion that we would probably never be able to be everything to everyone, and at the same time, accomplish our goals of: Highest Possible Quality and Consistency, Best Value (including Free Shipping of all of our products), and Consistent 'IN-STOCK' status of all of our springs and products. The necessary economies of scale and anticipation of future production needs becomes unmanageable if we stray very far from the "kit-concept" program we finally settled on. So, that's the "in-a-nutshell" reason that we're set-up the way we are - and we hope our format will equal the best possible products and service to the vast majority of our customer base.

And then, there are people like you Jager :-) ....far more advanced than our average customer - and on this forum, there are many Hi Power owners who are also "advanced", and our established format may not be the best one, for all circumstances and owners.

But here is what we would like to do. And to all reading this, please understand that this is for 1911 Forum Members ONLY - please don't advertise off-forum that we are willing to sell our products in any other way than our website presents. If you have a specific need and want to know if we can accommodate it, just send an email to us at: [email protected] - tell us what you need specifically. We will check our inventory and get back with you on a price. Please note however, that these types of special arrangements will involve a shipping and handling charge that, in many cases, could have you re-thinking just buying a full kit because it may prove to be a much better overall end value. (In other words, for what you end up getting, going ahead and getting a complete kit may make more sense in the long run - you can decide....)

Because members of this forum, and forums like it, have been invaluable to us over the years - as friends and experts - be assured we want to do anything and everything we can do to take care of your needs. We consider members of this forum to be friends - whom we are uncommonly proud to also have as customers.

Best of everything,
Mark, BHSpringSolutions
Old 08-13-2015, 05:59 PM

[QUOTE=Jäger;5652028]The inability to buy springs individually makes the website and business a non-starter for me. Or, at least until a time happens when I am looking to change out all the springs that also happen to be found in a spring kit. QUOTE]

This is pretty much my feelings also. I am sure that there are folks that want/need spring kits....just not myself.
Old 08-13-2015, 06:12 PM

[QUOTE=GT40DOC;5652302]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jäger View Post
The inability to buy springs individually makes the website and business a non-starter for me. Or, at least until a time happens when I am looking to change out all the springs that also happen to be found in a spring kit. QUOTE]

This is pretty much my feelings also. I am sure that there are folks that want/need spring kits....just not myself.
Read one post above yours. You'll get what you wish.
Old 08-13-2015, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_67x View Post

But here is what we would like to do. And to all reading this, please understand that this is for 1911 Forum Members ONLY
Many thanks for accomodating us
Old 08-16-2015, 02:18 AM

Quote:
Hi Jager and 1911 Forum - this is Mark....the other half of the "BH" equation. Thank you very much for your post - it brings up a subject that Slav and I discussed a long time ago when we were business planning - and we're happy to share that with you and the 1911 Forum.
Hi Mark:

Thanks for the response. I'm not in any way critical of your approach, I had a pretty good idea that you'd had to kick things around a bit before you decided how to market and what would give your start up company the best chance for success. Without knowing the details, just looking at the established companies and on how inexpensively Browning sells OEM springs, I had assumed you had sliced and diced your marketing strategy for many long days.

I appreciate the unadvertised flexibility you are offering as well; that is very generous. I'll be dropping you a note.

Thanks
Old 08-16-2015, 10:19 AM

Testimony

I'm very pleased with my recent spring kit purchase from BH. I've just finished an FM95 Detective and as many of you know, the double recoil springs are very difficult to find. Slav was responsive, informative, and steered me in the right direction. In sum, outstanding customer service.

Well done!

Porter
Old 08-17-2015, 12:50 PM

Always nice to have another source of parts for a gun that is wildly popular among what seems to be a pretty small group of enthusiasts these days. In other words, about thirty of us across the U.S. own 80% of the Hi Powers out there.
"If you decide to carry a pistol, you will have to dress around it, not just try to fit it into your wardobe"---BillD, 03/06/07 @ 09:42 e.s.t.

MINO: 'Money Is No Object'. Feel free to steal that one, everybody!
Old 08-20-2015, 08:07 PM

Contracted Mark and Slav to Order some individual springs for my BHP/FEG. They were very accommodating and Cost, including shipping, was very reasonable. I' ll provide a range report on how they worked out after they arrive and get installed.
Thanks guys!
Old 08-24-2015, 03:35 PM

Purchasing products

Quote:
But here is what we would like to do. And to all reading this, please understand that this is for 1911 Forum Members ONLY - please don't advertise off-forum that we are willing to sell our products in any other way than our website presents. If you have a specific need and want to know if we can accommodate it, just send an email to us at: [email protected] - tell us what you need specifically. We will check our inventory and get back with you on a price. Please note however, that these types of special arrangements will involve a shipping and handling charge that, in many cases, could have you re-thinking just buying a full kit because it may prove to be a much better overall end value. (In other words, for what you end up getting, going ahead and getting a complete kit may make more sense in the long run - you can decide....)

Best of everything,
Mark, BHSpringSolutions
Hi Mark:

Decided that, for once at least, I would give you a boost and order a spring kit. My idea of a "special order" would be buying groups of springs i.e. two or three 18.5 lb recoil springs, a couple of 18.5 lb recoil springs with a firing pin spring, etc. Reason for that is these are the ones I regularly replace; the recoil springs probably a couple of times a year, the firing pin spring about every other year or so.

If nothing else, you might try selling the recoil springs as a group, that's the one more knowledgeable shooters regularly change.

Anyways, I decided what the hay, give you a boost and buy the kit (I have a 17 lb in the gun for carry, at the range all the shooting gets done with 18.5), as a new factory weight wouldn't hurt as well, and the other springs can make up my spare parts kit. A free set of hex head grip screws didn't hurt either.

Anyways, I am good with that for this time. But...

Do we as shooters HAVE to use PayPal? They are not exactly friends of gun owners as I understand it - although I understand GOA accepts donations through them. And I lost a chunk of money to PayPal in their first months of operation, and they were almost as abusive as dealing with the infamous Arthur Ceiner.

I am on the fence about this and future purposes, strictly as a result of PayPal.
Old 08-24-2015, 04:25 PM

PayPal and Alternative Payment Arrangements - Thank you for another question Jager.

For customers who do not want to pay via the online payment method we have set-up, we will accept USPS Money Orders (only) sent through the U.S. Mail.

When you arrange a custom order, do that by emailing us directly at: [email protected] and let us know you would like to send your payment through the mail.

Thanks again,
Mark, BHSpringSolutions
Old 08-31-2015, 01:44 AM

BHSpringSolutions has begun production of a Hi Power Main Spring Tool. Because the Hi Power’s Main Spring is a rather nasty experience, we are expecting high demand for this product once introduced to the public on our website at BHSpringSolutions.com. Due to our own production limitations, we have made a decision to serve the needs of our past customers and supporters at the online 1911 Forum, prior to introducing this product on our website.

We are now taking reservation orders for this product with a projected delivery date prior to October 30, 2015.

BHSpringSolutions Main Spring Tool: $15 each, or 2 for $27 – prices include Shipping to USA. Quantity Strictly LIMITED to 2 Tools per customer. This item is available to International buyers not located in the United States with an additional $14 shipping fee.

To Reserve your 1 or 2 BHSpringSolutions Main Spring Tool:
1. Send an email to: [email protected] . Type “Main Spring Tool Order” in the Subject Line of your email. Tell us in the body of your email the number of tools you wish to order.
2. Also tell us in the body of your email if you are a United States buyer, or International.
3. Indicate your desired Payment Method: Online, or Sending a USPS Money order through the mail. Online buyers will be sent an invoice by email. Buyers paying by mail will be sent back instructions and the address to mail payment.

BHSpringSolutions – NEW PRODUCT ANNOUNCEMENT

HI POWER MAIN SPRING REMOVAL/INSTALLATION TOOL
BHSpringSolutions has begun production of a Main Spring Tool for the Hi Power handgun design and Clones. This tool masters the Hi Power Main Spring change, making replacement in less than 1 minute a reality. See our prototype demonstration video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhYX...ature=youtu.be

About the Hi Power’s Main Spring:
The health of the Hi Power’s Main Spring is an essential element of the Hi Power’s function. The Main Spring helps to regulate the slide’s rearward velocity during recoil and provides the decisive forward motion of the hammer when the trigger is pulled. Hi Powers with a healthy Main Spring are much less likely to fail to fire when encountering ammunition with “hard primers”.

Problems:
The Hi Power’s Main Spring is a brawny and typically difficult spring replacement – so much so that Browning only sells one Hi Power Main Spring pre-mounted on a hammer strut. There are several deficiencies with this approach. First, because these Main Springs are already mounted on a hammer strut, they are already expending their energy as they sit waiting to be shipped. Second, buying a hammer strut + Main Spring when you don’t need a new hammer strut is unnecessary expense. Third, there are four different Main Springs for the Hi Power and Clones – the standard Browning Main Spring (plus hammer strut) is not the same Main Spring used in the Kareen Mk II/III and Arcus 94/94C Clones – Hi Powers equipped with SFS have a different unique Main Spring, and owners of the Hi Power Inspired Arcus 98DA/98DAC have their own unique Main Spring. The last problem, while many springs in the Hi Power can be replaced easily by the owner, Main Spring replacement remained over the heads of many Hi Power owners.

BHSpringSolutions SOLUTIONS:
In 2015, BHSpringSolutions added the correct Main Spring to all of it’s Optimizing Spring Kits for the Hi Power, Clones, and Hi Power Inspired Full Size and Compacts Kits.

Starting with drawings of a Main Spring Replacement Tool used by British Army Armorers provided by a good friend of ours, BHSpringSolutions has made several refinements and improvements to the original tool:

The original tool drawings indicated a steel tool of 1.6mm thickness, for added strength the BHSpringSolutions Main Spring tool is 2.0mm with only the “fork part” filed down to correct size to fit between the Main Spring’s coils.

The original tool uses a pin, the thickness of the tool (1.6 mm), to hold onto the hammer when the hammer is pivoted, the BHSpringSolutions Main Spring tool uses a steel rivet that goes farther into the hole in the hammer for added stability during use.

The “twist” of the BHSpringSolutions Main Spring Tool is spread over a larger surface area, reducing stress on the metal, further strengthening the tool.
The BHSpringSolutions Main Spring Tool will be fully thermal treated, compared to the original tool which was only case hardened.

The Black Finish of the BHSpringSolutions Main Spring Tool will be derived from a Hot Blueing Process.
Old 08-31-2015, 02:12 AM

Nicely done!
Old 08-31-2015, 04:10 AM

This is really outstanding... you have done a major service to those of us who do our own maintenance on HPs...

Thanks very much!! Order sent for two tools!!!

V/r

Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jäger View Post
Nicely done!

Fear God and Dreadnought!!

You can't miss fast enough to win a gun fight!
Old 08-31-2015, 07:10 AM

Mark/Slav -- Great! I'll be sending you an email for one tool. BTW, thanks for the tip on the recoil spring. Haven't been able to reply to your email due to computer problem (the thing went TU on me). - John
Old 08-31-2015, 07:28 AM

Do you have a list of all your available hammer spring weights?
[email protected]
Sure! I would be happy to Google that for you!
Old 08-31-2015, 12:09 PM

Outstanding indeed - order sent for 2