1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 04-17-2014, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
Having owned both 9mm and 40 S&W Hi Powers, I can assure you that a leather holster made on a HP 9 mold will fit a 40 S&W Hi Power.
As someone that currently owns both a 9 and 40, I can assure you that this is NOT the case.

My current OWB for the 40 is a Comp Tac, Kydex holster. It was ordered for the 40.
COTEP member
Old 04-17-2014, 11:45 AM

Damn fine work!
Old 04-17-2014, 12:20 PM

Tenntucker,

I believe I addressed Kydex holsters in the next sentence.

"I've been up early my whole life, and all that ever did was increase the amount of time during the day something could go wrong." ~ Inspector O
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2014, 08:18 PM

Was that the part about the string?lol
Old 04-17-2014, 11:59 PM

Not to pour gasoline, but I own 2 H-P in 9mm and 2 in.40 and have never specified caliber on my leather holsters, ever. Would never consider putting any of them, or my 1911's, or my revolvers in anything but leather, ever. They all fit fine sharing holsters in this fashion.
OP your skills with leather will be the things of legend, keep it up.
Old 04-18-2014, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenntucker View Post
As someone that currently owns both a 9 and 40, I can assure you that this is NOT the case.
I will not say you are incorrect. What I WILL say is that I just took possession of my first Hi-Power last night (a Mk III) in .40 cal, and I tried it in six different 1911 holsters, and one Bianchi Askins Avenger for the 9mm Hi-Power. The gun holstered w/o a problem (no tightness) in all of them, and drawing was also not a problem. Some of these holsters were well-worn, while others had seen no use.

Don't trust Cavery Grips/American Gripz. He WILL rip you off.
All my 1911s are in .45acp. Why? Because no one makes one in .46cal.--Me
The 9mm is a SD cartridge fit only for women and Europeans--Me
Old 04-22-2014, 12:21 AM

I finally got a website up, if any of you gents care to look at it. It's my first try at it, and I'd appreciate any input you guys could offer.
http://privateerleather.wix.com/privateerleather

Also, you may notice that my username has changed... I thought it was time for something less juvenile.

Wes
Old 04-22-2014, 01:19 AM

Nice site. You keep talking about first tries and being a beginner and such but I do not think that you understand what those words mean. You have better holsters and a better web site than most out there.

I have a few expensive gun and accessory purchases coming up in the next couple of weeks but, after those needs are fulfilled, I'll be ordering a 2-3 items from you.

REALLY nice stuff.
It is a joyful thing indeed to hold intimate converse with a man after one’s own heart, chatting without reserve about things of interest or the fleeting topics of the world; but such, alas, are few and far between.

– Yoshida Kenko (1283-1350)
Old 04-22-2014, 01:28 AM

BHP, your gonna be big time buddy.... If I order can I get your autograph? That way when your fame becomes world wide I can say "ya.... I knew him when he was small time"
Old 04-22-2014, 08:51 AM

Very nice.

Simple, clean, highlights your work, easy to navigate.

Just to reiterate and add to the chorus...youve got a real talent there. Having hacked a few pieces of hide myself, I know a little of what is involved and the effort and skill that goes into this. My only suggestion, and PLEASE dont take this as an arrogant statement, is not to take on too much too fast. There have been so many holster makers whose talent has been snuffed because they bite off too much and fall victim to those online who think its simply an assembly line.
Old 04-22-2014, 09:12 AM

I'm gonna get 2, maybe 3.

I see you offer one for a 4" K frame. Could you do one for a 2-1/2" K frame? Put it on a chop saw.
COTEP member
Old 04-22-2014, 10:26 AM

I've got a box full of holsters, but all of a sudden I feel like I need a few more.
Old 04-22-2014, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmr357 View Post
i've got a box full of holsters, but all of a sudden i feel like i need a few more.
this!
Old 04-22-2014, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballew View Post
BHP, your gonna be big time buddy.... If I order can I get your autograph? That way when your fame becomes world wide I can say "ya.... I knew him when he was small time"
Known him since we were dumb high school kids. Great guy and great holsters! Own 4 of them now from him for my 1911 and G21, and yet I can still think of at least 5 more holster variants I still need for my current stable of pistols done.
Old 04-22-2014, 11:59 AM

Wow, thanks for the kind words, guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballew
Absolutely, man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eicas
My only suggestion, and PLEASE dont take this as an arrogant statement, is not to take on too much too fast. There have been so many holster makers whose talent has been snuffed because they bite off too much and fall victim to those online who think its simply an assembly line.
That's sage advice. Sometimes you need something that isn't on the shelf, and sometimes you like what you see but need a tweak or two. If I'm too busy to do that, then I will have failed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenntucker
I see you offer one for a 4" K frame. Could you do one for a 2-1/2" K frame? Put it on a chop saw.
You know, I think I could do that. The holster, I mean -- not the chop saw!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmr357
I've got a box full of holsters, but all of a sudden I feel like I need a few more.
It's a disease, really. I had a ton of holsters BEFORE I started making my own. If anybody knows the cure, please let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFella
Known him since we were dumb high school kids. Great guy and great holsters! Own 4 of them now from him for my 1911 and G21, and yet I can still think of at least 5 more holster variants I still need for my current stable of pistols done.
Thanks, Geo!

Everybody, BigFella is a good friend, and one of my patient guinea pigs who beta tests my new designs to help work out the wrinkles. That's his Les Baer in the 1911 holster pics.

"You don't get T&A unless you do your T&E."

Wes
Old 04-22-2014, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenntucker
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHPshooter View Post
Wow, thanks for the kind words, guys.

You know, I think I could do that. The holster, I mean -- not the chop saw!

You're gonna get the chance. Will use your online order form.
COTEP member
Old 04-22-2014, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHPshooter View Post
Thanks, Geo!

Everybody, BigFella is a good friend, and one of my patient guinea pigs who beta tests my new designs to help work out the wrinkles. That's his Les Baer in the 1911 holster pics.

"You don't get T&A unless you do your T&E."

Wes
I still think that should be put on a t-shirt. Lol Anytime you need a guinea pig I'm available.
Old 04-23-2014, 01:19 PM

Just got my BHP holster in from Wes. Very well made, fit is exact, leather not too thick and not too thin, very pleased. Highly recommended. Thanks Wes.
Old 04-23-2014, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigidarm View Post
Just got my BHP holster in from Wes. Very well made, fit is exact, leather not too thick and not too thin, very pleased. Highly recommended. Thanks Wes.
My pleasure, Leon.

Wes
Old 05-03-2014, 10:19 AM

A few new pics...

This one had the body shield extended to cover the hammer:

Attached Thumbnails
Commander Highwayman 1.jpg   Commander Highwayman 2.jpg   Highwayman 1.jpg   Highwayman 2.jpg  
Old 05-04-2014, 09:43 AM

Fantastic work. I've been carrying my BHP in an extra 1911 holster I have. It works but just not ideal.

I will be contacting you soon to place an order.
Old 05-04-2014, 12:53 PM

Would enjoy seeing samples of your Natural and Saddle Tan varieties. Matching belts would be a next logical step possibly in the future?
Old 05-04-2014, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastRites View Post
Would enjoy seeing samples of your Natural and Saddle Tan varieties. Matching belts would be a next logical step possibly in the future?
I actually don't know if I have any pictures of the ones I've done in saddle tan... However, I do have a pic of a 1911 prototype I did in Natural.

I have done belts before, but it's a serious undertaking when you're stitching by hand. When you have a leather sewing machine, you can do the stitching in about 2 minutes, but it literally takes all day to stitch a belt by hand. I've got enough going on now that it would significantly impact my backlog. I'm hoping to find a solution to this soon.

Wes
Attached Thumbnails
Natural.jpg  
Old 05-05-2014, 11:21 PM

I forgot I even had this picture. The pocket holster is Natural, the scrap is Saddle Tan, and the OWB is (obviously) Black.

Wes
Attached Thumbnails
Colors.jpg  
Old 05-06-2014, 01:11 AM

All right guys, give Wes a break. He's busy making me an IWB for my CCO and we're cutting into his quality production time. Hey Wes, make sure that you post a picture here before you ship mine, your photo skills far exceed mine.

Wayne

Last edited by Bubba2130; 05-06-2014 at 01:12 AM. Reason: Typo