Some choices for new grips - Page 2 - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 10-25-2017, 08:00 PM

I put nice grips with palm swells on both my Hi Powers !! The palm swells give great control
Old 10-26-2017, 08:04 AM

VMR;

My VZ grips sounded funny too, until I ground them near the safety added a few
drops of epoxy to "bed them.
Old 10-26-2017, 09:37 AM

I wouldn't mind a set of THIN black checkered grips for my Mauser marked Feg HP Clone, but I am limited by the original lanyard stud & ring - to using the stock black plastic military grips, which feel OK. I realize any grip could be cut to fit - but concerned about doing a proper pretty job on costly grips.
I have a set of like new Herretts that seem to thick for my hand size, Id trade them for a set of the thin black checkered Uncle Mikes etc.
Old 03-21-2018, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigwally View Post
Hey SigDog, Sounds like we have exactly the same hands! If the Herretts work out for me I will let you know. Will be in about 4 weeks before I have the extra $$$...

Here is my take on these grips: Original factory too " squareish ' and weird feeling..
Uncle Mikes rubber feel good but slightly thin. Craig Spegels look fantastic, maybe slightly thin but feel good. My buddy bought the Hogue wood checkered. These feel almost perfect. Look great and cost half as much as the Craig Spegels. A best buy...

Last edited by Sigwally; 03-21-2018 at 05:58 PM.
Old 01-05-2020, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigwally View Post
Here is my take on these grips: Original factory too " squareish ' and weird feeling..
Uncle Mikes rubber feel good but slightly thin. Craig Spegels look fantastic, maybe slightly thin but feel good. My buddy bought the Hogue wood checkered. These feel almost perfect. Look great and cost half as much as the Craig Spegels. A best buy...
Matching hand size/finger length is of primary importance to me. I lucked into a pair of Uncle Mikes Rubber Grips (a licensed Spiegel design). They fit me & my stainless Tisas HP perfectly - & look fine.

I also tried out a pair of BUFFALO HORN GRIPS (see pic) Very nice - but to thick for me - even though very aesthetically pleasing. Their new owner loved them.
Attached Thumbnails
regent 1.JPG   P1000075.JPG  
Old 01-08-2020, 01:39 PM

Hogue G10s:

RDIH (from BH Spring Solutions):

Best, Jon
Old 01-08-2020, 03:02 PM

My first BB gun in the early 60's had faux antler grips and all my adult life they made me want a totally impractical pair of stag / antler grips. They're fat, uncomfortable to shoot, and actually in a 60 something year old guys hands likely look silly.

Even so every time I see a pair online, a little voice in my head says, PRESS BUY!

Even though bling is not my thing, second up would be a pair of faux white (or black) pearl grips. This I have somewhat satisfied by my getting a pair of pink pearl grips for my SS Taurus PT-99 which my GF shoots!

Lastly would be SCRIMSHAW!!! Y'know, Some poor doomed whale giving a "Nantucket Sleighride" to boatloads of harpooners?

Sigh, I guess that parochial upbringing made me too timid about bling :-)

Last edited by gnappi; 01-08-2020 at 03:38 PM.
Old 01-08-2020, 03:41 PM

After trying various grips for the last 25+ years, I've come full circle and am back to using Navidrex grips on all my HiPowers. I have other grips that are nice to look at, but the Navridrex are the best I have found when it comes to trigger time. Too bad the white/ivory ones aren't around any more.