New Sights on Delta Elite Slide - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 06-19-2017, 02:18 PM

New Sights on Delta Elite Slide

This is a multi-purpose post. One to show off the slide I had some work done to and two, to get some ideas on sights for the slide.

This is an OEM Colt Delta Elite 10mm Slide. I stripped the slide and had it black nickel coated, then had my father and my initials engraved. This is a present for my dad upon my college graduation.

So, the 'old' sights were damaged on removal. I was planning on upgrading anyway. I was looking for some advice into upgraded sights for the gun. I don't think anything too crazy is necessary. Just a nice sight for all around use. Maybe something high-vis. Please let me know what you think!

Thanks,
Kaleb
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3880.JPG   IMG_3881.JPG  
Old 06-19-2017, 02:29 PM

I would go with a super wide Novak and a gold bead

Sent from a distant planet far far away
Old 06-20-2017, 09:41 AM

The Kensight TAS (tactical adjustable sight).
One of the great things about the DE is that you can shoot a wide variety of ammo in it. You really need an adjustable rear sight to take full advantage of the flexibility the 10mm platform offers. The Kensight TAS is a low profile, Novak style, adjustable rear sight that is reasonably priced, well made and durable. I've had one on my custom, first generation DE for several years and have been so pleased with its performance that I've added it to several other 1911 builds.
Joe