1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 06-18-2017, 05:51 AM

Shoutout to Black Hills Leather

Hi Everyone,
I hope this is okay. I recently went over to the dark side and deviated from strictly owning 1911s to owning one of those black plastic pistols. So, it needed a wardrobe. I went shopping for holster makers and one who could make me a holster for my SW MP9 CORE. This gun has a heightened front sight and a rail.

I own gun leather from TT, G&G, Armour and Galco and probably missing a company. I am happy with all of it. I tried someone new this time that I found shopping on-line. Rudy at Black Hills Leather in Laredo Texas.

I ordered the holster less than five weeks ago and received it yesterday 3 day Priority USPS. I am totally satisfied with it. Across the board. Price, workmanship, quality of materials, fit, looks, everything. IOWS I am a happy and satisfied customer. And when I am I like to do nice reviews and give kudos.

That's all I am doing here. I'd reco any of the companies mentioned and now can whole-heartedly reco BHLs and Rudy. Had occasion to speak to him on the phone and he is a nice guy. I believe takes great pride in his craftsmanship.

Here is a link to a Google / Picassa web album that I created showing the holster. Again I hope I am not violating any rules of the forum here.

https://get.google.com/albumarchive/...Je21dz8_4yqpgE

lg

Last edited by lgkl1911; 06-18-2017 at 05:57 AM.
Old 06-18-2017, 07:47 AM
Super Moderator

No problem with Forum rules. It's quite common and acceptable to tell about a good experience with a product and customer service.

NRA Life Member
Old 06-18-2017, 08:28 AM

Nice rig!

Old 06-18-2017, 10:41 AM

Good to hear RRod, glad I am within rules as a newer member. and thanx Smith 10, I am real happy with the color, which is kind of hard to choose on-line, not in person.

There are so many choices for us out there. So far I have been lucky, I think, in buying the leather(s) that I have. And I think the vast majority of choices are good ones, from what I have seen.

But so many times we buy something, anything, in life and it is not what we had hoped for, for whatever reason(s). So, when someone does something right and as it should be done, I am one for letting others know.

Old saying: 'when we do right no one remembers, when we do wrong no one forgets'. I try to remember when someone does right. (Y)
Old 06-18-2017, 01:31 PM

Whoa - nice-looking holster!

Rudy does some fine work - congrats!
Old 06-19-2017, 07:26 AM

Thanx Mayberry CS! I've got it adjusted to me now and still breaking it in using zippies. (It comes with a couple pages of directions on break-in and care). It is very comfortable to wear. Especially considering the weight - gun w/ 17 rd mag and two 17 rd mags off-side. Hardly feels like it is there.

I own the hip / belt versions of holsters, OWB, IWB, and carriers and 'to me' I feel those on me much more than when I wear a shoulder holster. And with my body shape I think I print less using SHs.

I have a bias toward the SH. So when it came time to get a holster for the MP, I looked only for SH. I do own, subsequently bought, a Blade Tech IDPA 'combo' set in case I ever want to compete with the gun.

Thanx again for the compliment. Kudos to Rudy.
Old 06-19-2017, 01:31 PM

That's a good looking rig!
Old 06-19-2017, 01:57 PM

Nice looking rig. Congrat's
Certified Firearms Instructor
Semper Fi
Old 06-20-2017, 05:04 AM

Thats a sweet looking leather rig