1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 06:33 AM

Changing user names

Would it be possible to change my user name to 71Commander? I do regret using part of my real name in my user name.

Thanks, Tucker.
COTEP member
Old 12-14-2007, 01:58 PM
MarkW

Probably not something that can be done. Only the owner of the board can do that.
Old 12-14-2007, 02:43 PM

What`s the big deal. I`m on a couple of working dog forums where you have to use your first and last name and they verify it.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Author Unknown
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2007, 06:37 PM

I guess I missed something here. If you decide to use another ID then you create it and ask the owner to delete the old one.

As you can see from mine, I use my first name and my ham radio call. I did that because the ham call is coordinated world wide and cannot be duplicated = unique ID.

I also find it disheartening that so many people hide behind "handles" much like folks from the CB bands do. Doesn't take long to find out who is who.
~ Obscurity is the refuge of incompetence.
Old 12-26-2007, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by w0ipl-Pat
I guess I missed something here. If you decide to use another ID then you create it and ask the owner to delete the old one.

As you can see from mine, I use my first name and my ham radio call. I did that because the ham call is coordinated world wide and cannot be duplicated = unique ID.

I also find it disheartening that so many people hide behind "handles" much like folks from the CB bands do. Doesn't take long to find out who is who.
My reason is my concern. Thanks.
COTEP member
Old 12-26-2007, 08:12 PM
MarkW

Question has been answered
Closed Thread