Official Image How-To and Test Thread

353K views 2K replies 908 participants last post by  Tomcat141 
#1 ·
How do i post a picture to the forum?

detailed instructions please!

thanks

semper fi

#2 · (Edited)
Hello. I'm not the best at this either, but if you have the picture stored on your computer, when you reply click on the "browse" thingy at the bottom of where you post and then put the location of the picture in there and a link will come up with the post when you finish your message.

If you have it on a free website like Imagestation, or another, then you type in before the address of the picture img with a [ ] around it and at the end of it, /img also closed with a [ ].

If you're using Image Station, you'll come up with the url for the photo with an extra ".orig.jpg". Delete all of that after the ".jpg" that preceeds the ".orig.jpg" or it won't post the picture.

Best.

#3 ·
Hello.

I still use Imagestation and do it this way.

Go to the album you'll make and pick the selection you want to show.

Then click on that picture and it will open another browser with only that picture on it and there's a URL.

Here's a real URL for a picture I'm going to post at the bottom of this message:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid24/pfdbf2d7ef8f5672288f0b1085fa3fb65/fd918556.jpg.orig.jpg

If you click on it as a link, no go. Remove the last 9 characters, i.e.: get rid of " .orig.jpg" such that your link ends with the first "jpg." In this case, the one right after 556.

Now, put what you have left between the "
" on the back end, i.e.: put this between them:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid24/pfdbf2d7ef8f5672288f0b1085fa3fb65/fd918556.jpg

As is, it will serve as a link. Put it between the symbols shown above and:

Best and good luck.

#4 ·
msmith

You problem may lie in where you are storing the pics. webshots is not allowing access to the image from outside. I have tried to figure out why it is doing what it is doing but am stymied. If you put the url in the address field of the browser then you can see the image, but if you try to link the image via {img} or {url} code it will not allow it to be accessed. You may need to find somewhere else to host your pics.

Sorry..I tried...hence the new thread entitled testing...

Redrum

ps. you are doing everything correctly. There is just some incompatability problem with webshots...

#6 ·
See if your photo software will let you reduce by 75% of original or even 50%. When you take a pic for posting on line, you can use the lower resolution setting (the setting that gives you the most pics on your camera). You should have at least 3 different settings. ie: *,** or***. Ust the * setting and try again.

#7 ·
ok
I have resized my photo by 25%....then 50% then75% and even to where it says best for web
but every time I try to post it comes back saying file size too big
this is beging to piss me off now

p.s.
why would I have to use the low resolution setting on my camera
Isn't that why I bougth a 4.0 mega pixl camera??

#9 · (Edited)
Now that you did get a pic, even a thumbnail, you're making progress. The problem is in your settings on your picture software.

I don't know alot about stuff that comes with Micro Soft. I have a Mac:D .

When you download the pic from the camera, the program that opens, showing the pic's, that's where the options are. You will have to look at those to see how you are saving your pic's. Settings, preferences or something similar is what you're looking for.

#15 · (Edited)
Trying imbedded image

Test

Hmmm. I got it to work as a link, but I can do that by browsing my hard drive, and attaching it, too. How do I get it to just show up in the post without clicking on the link? I'm using a public folder at Yahoo! pictures I subscribe to.

I put
around the link. Any help?

Thanks.

#22 ·
222BOP Really Strange

When I first clicked on this thread - Your photos were just red Xs...so I "right mouse clicked" on your red x photo icon & then clicked "properties" & just pasted your URL address into my "Go To The Web" box.
There was your pistol photo!
THEN when I Came Back On This Thread...some of your photos were showing. Go Figger????

222BOP said:

#26 ·
Now I Want To Try It Too

I see "manage attachments" down below under additional options . I also see an "insert image" icon just above here :p ...both look promising :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.