Colts making a new gun! - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 12-17-2006, 06:59 PM

Colts making a new gun!

Yes! No, I dont know what it is! However, let me quote (roughly) American Firearms Industry Magazine: "Michel Reissig(?) and Mark Roberts have a new gun; a chopped down .45, all edges rounded, in blue or stainless. I am only guessing but it sounds like a mini 1911. I hope its a dedicated series 70 Commander size. It doesnt sound like a stubbie double action to you guys does it? Surly it wouldnt be in .45. Anyway. I had to pass it along.
Old 12-17-2006, 07:05 PM

This will be interesting!
Old 12-17-2006, 07:23 PM

Does this so-called new gun have a link or website? If so please post I am very interested to see what it is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2006, 08:13 AM

I hope it has a steel frame option?
Old 12-18-2006, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg
Yes! No, I dont know what it is! However, let me quote (roughly) American Firearms Industry Magazine: "Michel Reissig(?) and Mark Roberts have a new gun; a chopped down .45, all edges rounded, in blue or stainless. I am only guessing but it sounds like a mini 1911. I hope its a dedicated series 70 Commander size. It doesnt sound like a stubbie double action to you guys does it? Surly it wouldnt be in .45. Anyway. I had to pass it along.
Where exactly did you get that information?
Old 12-18-2006, 02:21 PM

I would also love to see a link to a web page or ref to a specific rag and page. Of course Roberts is known but the only ref. I could find to a Reisig?? was Mike Reisig did apparently work in the custom shop at Colt.

Look at www.gunweek.com/2004/feature0620.html and look for the Reisig statement on wood grips on Colt Pythons.
Old 12-19-2006, 12:19 PM

if its true its about time colt offered something new!!!
Old 12-19-2006, 02:50 PM
1911 Aficionado

Since Mark is a forum member, maybe he'll chime in here with some insider info?
Old 12-19-2006, 03:35 PM

Unless Mark Roberts validates this claim it's just a rumour to me.

RJM
Old 12-19-2006, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loco38SUP
Unless Mark Roberts validates this claim it's just a rumour to me.

RJM
Yes....he will validate any rumors at the Shot Show!!!
Old 12-19-2006, 10:54 PM

Yes a new gun will be introduced at the show in early Jan. The model # will be O7810, it is a modified version of the Defender designed for concealed carry. Thats all for now, when I can I will post some pics.

I did make a run at a re-introduction of 10mm guns and 70 series light weight commanders but didn't have any luck, but I will keep trying.

The real issue is we need to make more guns of what we currently offer, our fill rate on orders could be better. I look for 2007 to be a better year, which could open up some doors for us to make a few moves to improve product offerings while being able to maintain the quality, reliability and traditional make up of our product

Take care and have a great Holiday from all the folks at Colt.
Old 12-19-2006, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark1648
Yes a new gun will be introduced at the show in early Jan. The model # will be O7810, it is a modified version of the Defender designed for concealed carry. Thats all for now, when I can I will post some pics.

I did make a run at a re-introduction of 10mm guns and 70 series light weight commanders but didn't have any luck, but I will keep trying.
Modified for carry? Can't wait to see it! (How modified? All I could really see that needed improving IMO was perhaps a better grip safety, and a conventional low mount Novak in the rear, perhaps a less obtrusive safety lever..)

As for the 10mm guns...a new 1991A1 version (NRM, conventional recoil spring guide, made like todays NRM,... nice blue jobs, BTW!) would sell like hotcakes, (I resent Dan Wesson/CZ and Kimber for stealing your potential 'New Delta Elite' customers!) although I understand the company's desire to produce enough of the current line-up, as many posters are complaining they can't even find a new Colt in shops in their parts of the country...

Good luck, and thanks for answering!

P.S.

A new run of steel framed Mustangs and .380 Govt Models would be appreciated, as well!
Old 12-19-2006, 11:31 PM

I'd be happy with just a lightweight version of the current basic NRM Commander!
Old 12-19-2006, 11:56 PM

+1!!

The NRM blued Commanders are simple and elegant looking, and have good sights! I like them!

Lightweight, I'd be first in line!
Old 12-20-2006, 01:51 AM

Quote:

The real issue is we need to make more guns of what we currently offer, our fill rate on orders could be better. I look for 2007 to be a better year, which could open up some doors for us to make a few moves to improve product offerings while being able to maintain the quality, reliability and traditional make up of our product

Take care and have a great Holiday from all the folks at Colt.
Thanx Mark, nice to hear mention of the 10 we know your working hard for us 10MM maniacís
From my Family to the Colt family, have a very Merry Christmas.

To be proficient with Firearms the endeavor must be applied similarly as in Golf or Boxing, you have to put the Rounds in! - Gerk

Gerk
Old 12-20-2006, 05:46 AM

Quote:
...I did make a run at a re-introduction of ... 70 series light weight commanders but didn't have any luck, but I will keep trying.....
Thank you.
Old 12-20-2006, 08:29 AM

Mark1648 - Can you give us any info on the rumored new DA, 1911 looking pistol? How about the new revolver? Thanks. Regards 18DAI.
Old 12-20-2006, 08:55 AM

Not trying to highjack the thread, but since Mark is reading...how about making a blue and stainless version, full size and commander, O package as a regular production pistol! Someone posted a thread with pics of their O package. I'm not a business man nor have I worked in industry. But, IMHO, those pistols would put Colt at the very top of the 1911 makers again. That pistol in the pics is beautiful, has everything a 1911 benefits from and nothing it doesn't, and it appears lately that Colt 1911s are about the most trouble free out of the box.

I have a sneaky suspicion that those would sell like hotcakes!
Old 12-20-2006, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Wow...it's official then, a new Colt pistol will hit the market soon. It's good to see that the wheels are still turning at the Colt R&D department. I can't wait to see it!

RJM
Old 12-20-2006, 09:38 AM

Calm down, guys.
They are going to buff the corners off a Defender and call it a new model.
Old 12-20-2006, 11:32 AM
1911 Aficionado

I just hope Colt's new gun can steal a few columns of gunrag print from the new Spring colors that Kimber is planning . . .
Old 12-20-2006, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickB
I just hope Colt's new gun can steal a few columns of gunrag print from the new Spring colors that Kimber is planning . . .
That would only happen if Colt just "coincidentally" happens to have a full page ad running at the same time as the review....
Old 12-20-2006, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Watson
Calm down, guys.
And maybe add a bobbed hammer, an up swept beavertail and night sights in a matte hard chrome. But it's easier to rain on the parade , isn't it ?
~Jeff Cooper
Old 12-20-2006, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Watson
Calm down, guys.
I second that!
Old 12-20-2006, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18DAI
Mark1648 - Can you give us any info on the rumored new DA, 1911 looking pistol? How about the new revolver? Thanks. Regards 18DAI.

These two rumors are flying around, but unfortunately I do not think they are real. I would love to see a new big frame Colt DA intended for large calibers like the .454 Casull but...