Protestor shot in Albuquerque during statue destruction. - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 06-16-2020, 11:28 PM

Protestor shot in Albuquerque during statue destruction.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/statue...ador-1.5613585

Amazing how the media calls these people peaceful protestors as they are wrapping chains around public property chanting ‘tear it down!’
But anyway, not sure if the shooter was affiliated with the armed ‘civil guard’ who showed up to protect the statue or not? But he was there to do what they were doing and that is stop the statue from being destroyed. Still murky on if he does throw a woman to the ground or not but one way of the other an undercover police officer observed him backing away from the area, a crowd follows yelling ‘kill him’ and all that, somebody hits him with his skateboard over the head a couple times and then the shooter does what he did. Armed civil guard members circled him and protected him from being ripped apart by the mob.
Now the family of the one who got shot is making him out to be a saint who ‘took bullets saving other people’s lives!’
SEE PIC ATTACHED BELOW.

The politicians are condemning armed honest folks for arriving to defend history and property yet completely silent on the ‘peaceful’ folks trying to destroy stuff.
Just watching the video looks like some Hollywood Mad Max fantasy movie only it’s real and happening in the greatest nation on earth. The seams are splitting.

Now on the pic below. This is a screen grab of the shooter in blue shirt and our poor ‘victim’ to the left. What’s that he’s got in each one of his hands? Those look like peaceful knives he meant no harm with. Hmmmm...
Attached Thumbnails
7175F213-00A2-4AF1-B2B2-3FFD5AB9E711.jpeg  
COTEP#782
Old 06-17-2020, 06:24 AM

Don't you remember what Joe Biden said? A guy with a knife is unarmed!
Old 06-17-2020, 06:41 AM

The evil KKK-loving conservative shot a peacefully protesting guy who just wanted to show him his knife collection! Outrageous!
Equal opportunity, not equal outcome.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2020, 08:03 AM

Yeah, I've seen that video. Apparently he was trying to flee after they started beating him with a skate board and about 4 guys kept attacking him while yelling "We'll F ing kill you!" That's when he drew his firearm and put one down and the others backed away.
Old 06-17-2020, 08:39 AM

Once again the police at the scene stand back and do nothing, Just like Charlotte N.C... Try to defend American heritage or historic sights and you are attacked not only by the Antifa scum but also by our elected officials. There was a reason Soros' group spent so heavily on electing District Attorneys across the country. They are in place to shield the protesters and to jail citizens who stand against the leftist policies they are pushing. The democrats standing with Antifa and their war against America. Treason from within.
Old 06-17-2020, 10:22 AM

There has been debate about what is in the hands of the guy who got shot. Some swear it is his glasses, but it looks like a knife in one hand and glasses in the other perhaps. Also, one narrative I read said that the shooter deployed pepper spray first, warning the attackers to stay back, and only deployed the firearm after being knocked down while retreating. That sounds like a legal shoot to me.
Old 06-17-2020, 10:28 AM

Four on one is a huge disparity of force. Add in "We'll ******* kill you", chasing him after he attempted to retreat, and a weapon (not that one is needed when there are four attackers) and now Ability, Opportunity and Jeopardy, as well as the conditions for lawful use of lethal force, are satisfied. We shall see what happens in court (or not).

BUT, and this is a really big "BUT", this involves politics. The state AG may decide that peasants acting against "peaceful protestors" must be discouraged. I hope not, but this could happen.

Last edited by tomrkba; 06-17-2020 at 10:34 AM.
Old 06-17-2020, 11:25 AM

The Albuquerque paper this morning quoted a police officer saying that the guy shot was holding the long board over the shooter with both hands while the shooter was on the ground, and was swinging it at the shooter's head and upper body at the time that he was shot.

That would appear to make it a good shoot, except for the fact that he had injected himself into the situation, and it appears that he started the confrontation by pushing, shoving, and knocking down other protesters. It doesn't look as if anyone has clean hands in this mess.

At the time of this shooting, I was at home, about 4 miles away, minding my own business.

What really bothers me is that the Albuquerque Police Department sat back from this scene, and then disarmed the "militia" members who had not done anything illegal. In fact, these armed men actually held the shooter at gunpoint prior to the arrival of APD. The paper had a picture of all the guns and magazines taken from these men. I wonder if and when they will be returned to them, especially since no charges were filed against any of them.
Old 06-17-2020, 11:34 AM

Perhaps it's time for good guys to call what they do a "protest" so that anything they do during the protest is viewed as justified and perfectly legal, requiring no interaction by the local PD.
Old 06-17-2020, 11:35 AM

Well, this is what we get when the politicians will not enforce the law...Sounds like a legal shoot despite the Mayor's lie's...Hope the shooter get fair treatment, but in a lefty district and with the Terrorist/extortion Organization - BLM the most powerful political mob at this time it may be unlikely.
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper
Old 06-18-2020, 11:52 AM

Update - still up in the air as to other charges.

https://news.yahoo.com/shooting-char...024138921.html
Old 06-18-2020, 12:11 PM

The price you pay for living in the third world. Our commissar (oops...I mean Governor) feels it is a peaceful protest as long as you only hurt the capitalists.

Fewer than 300 Navy Seals served in Vietnam. I've met all fifty thousand of them.
Old 06-18-2020, 07:16 PM

Even though I am no fan of our DA, he appears to be handling this one OK. He has been critical of APD's response, especially as it destroyed the crime scene and didn't interview key witnesses, and is awaiting an investigation by the State Police. He dropped charges related to the shooting, for now, as he looks into the self-defense angle.
Old 06-27-2020, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaidad View Post
Don't you remember what Joe Biden said? A guy with a knife is unarmed!
A man with '100 clips in a gun' is not!
Old 06-27-2020, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sistema1927 View Post
Even though I am no fan of our DA, he appears to be handling this one OK. He has been critical of APD's response, especially as it destroyed the crime scene and didn't interview key witnesses, and is awaiting an investigation by the State Police. He dropped charges related to the shooting, for now, as he looks into the self-defense angle.
Damn, that's good to hear (read). I had read somewhere the shooter was being indicted for Attempted Murder, which would have been a travesty of justice. As someone who EDC's, my greatest concern now is that our legal standard for conservative white males has become "guilty of white privilege so automatically guilty of insert offense here", and unfortunately I dont possess the financial resources to mount a proper legal defense. I mean, it no longer matters that I don't have so much as a speeding ticket on my record and have spent the last 32 years of my life SAVING lives, I will be at the mercy of moronic sheeple who are willing to get on their knees for a violent mob of thugs. Jury of my "peers"...highly unlikely.

The tables have turned, the inmates are running the asylum.
Old 06-28-2020, 08:16 AM

"Injecting himself into the situation" is going to be his biggest problem. Then there was the home invasion and shootout at a local Air B&B in ABQ. Seems the owner had evicted a bunch of druggies, cleaned the place up, and then rented the place to a couple (who fortunately, were armed). Dis-satisfied clients of the former occupants broke into the place and a shootout ensued. Not a word in the local media. The victims came into the store to pick up more ammo. Had video of the place they had been staying. Lots of 9mm & 45 bullet holes and shell casings... Both husband and wife still visibly shaken.
Owner of B&B likely connected to the local powers that be to keep this out of the media. Bad for tourism, you know...
Old 06-28-2020, 01:00 PM

You have to look at the upside of this.

All of these people that have been electing all of these so called liberal politicians the last few years. You know the ones that are giving these police forces their marching orders. They are going to think twice about reelecting ineffectual people if they can not even maintain order.

Take Seattle for instance. A bastion of communism if their ever was one. You think that maybe all of these so called liberal business owners and land owners that have been caught up in this CHOP zone. You think they might be reconsidering who they vote for a little more seriously going forward. To include the guy who will occupy the oval office come January.

Mr. law and order himself has to be looking better to a lot of voters about now.
Old 06-29-2020, 01:30 AM

So how many of you would have enlisted in WW2 in the grunt foot soldier army or marines and done so out of love for your country? How many of you would have sucked it up and waded ashore at Normandy. The current war to save America will require even more from us, because we won't be fighting German Nazis, we will be fighting American Nazis...Antifa, BLM, Sunrise, Occupy, MoveOn, the ACLU, the Democratic Party...and their sugar daddies George Soros, Bill Gates, Mike Bloomberg and the Marxist-Nazis in Silicone Valley and Hollywood. These American Nazis are as dedicated to destroying America as much as Hitler was. Blood was shed in WW2...and blood will need to be shed is this new war. There is no more room to take another step backward in appeasement. It is time to fight back as if our lives were on the line. Because they are. It is time to fight back as if your country was about to be destroyed. Because it is. It is time to fight back.
Old 06-29-2020, 01:43 AM

In case it has eluded anyone: Americans have not had a problem hating, loathing and killing each other for many years. We already fought one Civil War for fairly stupid reasons, and we will likely fight another for reasons even more stupid: self-loathing and a level of stupidity that makes one question why these people were allowed to even live here.
Old 06-30-2020, 06:27 PM

Their "politician" comrades better call these commies off and soon.. You know,before the fit hits the shan...for real.
Old 07-06-2020, 10:23 AM

Anybody know the current situation with the man that defended himself in Albuquerque?
Best,
Rob