1911Forum banner

Your nightstand firearm... Be honest

445K views 2K replies 2K participants last post by  Swampfox69 
#1 ·
chambered, ready to go or magazine nearby?
In the drawer, on the bedside or in a gunvault or nearby safe?

#822 ·
Brian, I like that. I've got the alarm system and two Siberian huskies as well. Also have a Kimber but mine is an Eclipse custom II, but my HD weapon of choice is my .40 cal Glock as it never jambs. Used to keep it Israeli carry style like you but now it lives with one in the cheer and 15 in the mag.

#823 ·
About three feet from the bed, tucked up against my bureau is a Remington 870 Wingmaster, chopped to 20" with a 3 round extended tube. The tube is loaded with shot and there are 5 slugs in the sidesaddle; chamber is empty. The tiny glow of the SGT front sight is comforting at night.

There's probably a handgun on the nightstand, but if I need a gun I'm going for the 870.

#830 ·
This has been a cool thread to read! Our two dogs, while a huge PITA, are AMAZING guard dogs and a great deterrent! They are both very territorial. We've got a big Rhodesian Ridge-back and a Great Pyrenees/Lab mix. Anyway, to answer the OP's question, I keep an 870 under the bed frame with nothing chambered, G22 with Streamlight TLR-3 and two mags on the night stand(one chambered). On my wife's side of the bed there is a Ruger LCR .357.

#831 ·
Walther PPQ M2 9mm (loaded in biometric safe, my side), S&W 686+ .357 mag (loaded in biometric safe, wife's side), Remmy 870 12-gauge, 6x#6 and 2x00 (fallback position in walk-in closet).

#832 ·
First is a fully charged iPhone 4 to call authorities if possible.

Next a Beretta PX4 .40 with 180-grain Gold Dots, a Streamlight TLR-1S, and an extra magazine. 5.5 years of ownership, 5,000+ rounds, 5 shapes of JHP. 100% reliability in every way.

Nearby access to a Remington 870 with six shells of PDX1 (1oz slug, 3 pellets 00 buck) if that doesn't get the message across.

Slightly less nearby access to a Daniel Defense M4V1 with 8 loaded Pmags and 1 loaded Lancer L5AMW for 270 rounds total, if we really, really aren't having success communicating.

#834 ·
My wife & I actually have three; she keeps a Charter Arms Undercover .38 special in her nightstand. I have two on my side of the bed, a Kimber Pro TLE Stainless with a Crimson Trace green laser on my nightstand and a Glock 20, 10mm in the first drawer. If that's not enough my Bushmaster AR15 is behind the bedroom door with a loaded ten round magazine. Hopefully our two dogs will give us plenty of warning.

#835 ·
My cellphone, Guncrafter No name .45acp, Surefire E2D LED defender flashlight, a folding knife (never runs out of bullets), and a pineapple grenade (it is the real thing minus the powder inside lol just to scare the sh!t out of home invaders hehehe) bought the grenade at a Air force show at Offutt airbase.

#836 ·
Just a Couple

CZ 40-P in condition two in a false book, 18" Remington 1100 in condition three under the bed, and when I'm at home a 10.5" AR-15 in condition three. There will sometimes be a 1911 on my person in condition one and/or a loaded "hammerless" Airweight S&W.

That big heavy all-steel 5" 1911 is sure a comfort to lug around and carries about as well as anything out there. It's no wonder it has been respected and praised as a military sidearm for so long. I was issued an M9 during my service, but always had a soft spot for ol' slabsides. I know I'm preachin' to the choir here.

#839 ·
In the nightstand currently: SIG GSR with ITAC laser/light combo, Walther TPH .22; Colt Combat Commander (pre-Series 70 .45), on top of the nightstand, Sig RCS, S&W 32-1 (forgot it was there when I went on vacation); and by the bed a Benelli M1 with 7 rounds of buckshot in the magazine, 5 rounds of buckshot in a holder, no round in the chamber. Shotgun has a flashlight on the bottom of the front of the barrel.

Before they can get to us they have to get by my 118# of attitude German Shepard. I wonder sometimes if he will even let me in the bedroom when my wife is sleeping!

#840 ·
My gun is the same one I carry every day. I simply slip it out of the holster and lay in on a night stand near my bed. For those nights I might spend in a recliner in my living room, the area around the recliner is littered with handguns that are mostly out of sight. The small round table to my right that holds a coffee cup in the morning and some TV remotes in the evening has a holster under it's edge, out of sight, holding a model 627 Taurus 357 that I hate shooting because of it's light weight and heavy recoil. To my left on the floor in a small shoulder carry bag is a loaded S&W Mod 19 with a 2.5" barrel, also in the bag is a 44 Mag Tracker with a 4" barrel. The only part about these three revolvers that makes me nervous is none of them have CT grips on them, like the grips on my daily carry 1911.

#845 ·
Nightstand gun

Sig 1911 ultra compact. Cocked / Locked w 230 gr. Black Talon HP.