Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 04-29-2018, 12:11 PM

Hornady stands up to State of New York

Bravo! More firearms and ammo companies need to do the same:

https://press.hornady.com/release/20...e-of-new-york/
Old 04-29-2018, 12:32 PM
Administrator

It's time for gun manufacturers to start suing these banks. They should have no right to deny financing to any business involved in legal commerce. We're talking gun companies, not terrorist groups.
Avoid the temptation to replace everything on your brand-new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot at least 500 rounds through it first, then decide what you don't like and want to improve. Regarding vintage 1911s, pre-1970 pistols are highly collectible in original, unaltered condition and should NEVER be refinished or modified as it completely ruins their monetary value.
Old 04-29-2018, 12:58 PM

Now if other ammo manufacturers would just follow suit...
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2018, 01:07 PM

I always liked Hornady products and now I like them even more.
Old 04-29-2018, 03:04 PM

Just think if all American ammo and gun MFGs did the same NY would have to go to foreign suppliers or be SOL. I wonder how long it would take before the crying started?
Old 04-29-2018, 03:26 PM

That's setting a good example. I won't complain (as much) about the price of their ammo...
Old 04-29-2018, 03:35 PM

NY Liberals doing what liberals do best. Stifling free enterprise and putting companies out of business so more people become unemployed and dependant on the government.
Old 04-29-2018, 05:18 PM

NY will just get their stuff from some other place and truck it in. We need all sellers to deny any sales to NY.

Just another NY tactic to make things harder.
Old 04-29-2018, 05:23 PM

Good on Hornady for taking a stand... not sure how effective it will be, but its good to see a company stand on principle rather than profit. Now, if Federal, Remington, and Winchester would get on board, maybe there would be real impact....
I must study politics and war, that our sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. Our sons ought to study mathematics and philosophy, geography, natural history and naval architecture, navigation, commerce and agriculture in order to give their children a right to study painting, poetry, music, architecture, statuary, tapestry and porcelain. ~ John Adams
Old 04-29-2018, 05:30 PM

Well, that's interesting. Allegedly, Hornady is getting FBI contract for 9mm ammo. I presume there is a huge FBI force in the NY state. Wonder if Hornady will refuse to ship to Bureau's addresses in NYS and risk the whole contract.
Old 04-29-2018, 05:31 PM

All the ammo companies need to follow their example too. I will have to go and buy some more Hornady stuff now to help show my support for them. If the other companies refuse to sell products to the state and cities there, it would bring them to their knees real fast. Their own gestapo would have problems with little to no ammunition to terrorize the population with.

Last edited by earlwb; 04-29-2018 at 05:33 PM. Reason: add more info
Old 04-29-2018, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo3 View Post
Just think if all American ammo and gun MFGs did the same NY would have to go to foreign suppliers or be SOL. I wonder how long it would take before the crying started?
This.

Every single ammo and gun manufacturer AND DISTRIBUTORS with any cajones at all, would tell the state legislatures and or city legislators that they will not sell guns or ammunition to any state or local agency that has any anti 2a legislation.

Short term pain.....long term gain.
Old 04-29-2018, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YVK View Post
Well, that's interesting. Allegedly, Hornady is getting FBI contract for 9mm ammo. I presume there is a huge FBI force in the NY state. Wonder if Hornady will refuse to ship to Bureau's addresses in NYS and risk the whole contract.
I don't think Hornady is declining to sell to retailers or citizens in NY, or Federal agencies under contract that have locations in NY... only to NY State, county, and locsl government entities. So those entities won't have access at "volume discount" prices; if they want Hornady, they'll have to find a retailer that can meet their needs, and pay full retail...
I must study politics and war, that our sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. Our sons ought to study mathematics and philosophy, geography, natural history and naval architecture, navigation, commerce and agriculture in order to give their children a right to study painting, poetry, music, architecture, statuary, tapestry and porcelain. ~ John Adams
Old 04-29-2018, 06:16 PM

Yes, I've been posting this for a long time, all the gun manufacturers, ammo manufacturers, and anyone else who sells to the community better wisen up and get into the act (in the courts, or otherwise like what H' is doing.) or most of them will be out of business in the long-run. Bravo!
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper

Last edited by combat auto; 04-29-2018 at 06:18 PM.
Old 04-29-2018, 06:54 PM

IMHO, if ALL the gun and ammo manufacturers stop selling any ammo or any type of guns to ALL the liberal anti gun states such as law enforcement agencies, the worm would turn more in our favor! One major manufacturer such as Kimber in Yonkers NY should leave and go somewhere that appreciates there business...
Old 04-29-2018, 08:24 PM

+1911 to hornady. Love their products and their morals. Wasn't it magpul that moved out of Colorado in protest?

It has baffled me that there are a lot of firearm makers in the NE liberal states. I don't want to see people lose their jobs if these companies move but more 2a restrictions would put them out of business anyway.

I hope and pray that other gun companies rally behind hornady.
Old 04-29-2018, 08:41 PM

Even if all US companies said the heck with state/local agencies, there are plenty of foreign companies to supply them. But still nice to see Hornady make a public statement. Makes me want to go crank out some 223 on my LNL progressive with Hornady bullets I buy by the case!

Yes it was magpul that left Colorado. They dumped a ton of mags into the Colorado market before the new laws took effect too
Old 04-29-2018, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubadad View Post
+1911 to hornady. Love their products and their morals. Wasn't it magpul that moved out of Colorado in protest?

It has baffled me that there are a lot of firearm makers in the NE liberal states. I don't want to see people lose their jobs if these companies move but more 2a restrictions would put them out of business anyway.
Magpul did- and prioritized orders to CO residents before the bans took effect.

The NE is the historical center of manufacturing, particularly for gunmakers. The cost of moving is significant... not sure why Kimber went from OR to NY....

I'm not that concerned about lost jobs in NY, CT, IL, or MA... each of those "losses" , with a move, is a gain in SC, GA, or TX...
Old 04-29-2018, 09:07 PM

I have always preferred Hornady bullets for cost and performance. Looks like I need to stock up.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3761.JPG  
God is on the side of the best shots.
Old 04-30-2018, 04:36 AM

Other manufacturers should follow Hornady's lead, including makers of firearms.

Do you think that any foreign producer would go along? I doubt that would ever happen.

What the State did here is wrong on so many levels.

Maybe regulators should be more worried about banks making up phony credit card accounts, sneaking in unauthorized customer charges, repossessing vehicles when they should not have, and ignoring mortgage lending standards.

Last edited by scw2; 04-30-2018 at 04:41 AM.
Old 04-30-2018, 05:53 AM

I like the concept but not sure if it will really have an impact. We get our bullets through wholesalers and or retailers not dirrectly from the makers. However maybe some of the large pd's do. We dont use a lot of hornady ammo except for their awesome rifle rounds.
Old 04-30-2018, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejr10mm View Post
I like the concept but not sure if it will really have an impact. We get our bullets through wholesalers and or retailers not dirrectly from the makers. However maybe some of the large pd's do. We dont use a lot of hornady ammo except for their awesome rifle rounds.
"we" as in you work for public agency?
I can't imagine any govt agency using a lot of rounds.
Because I dont really know, do PD's stock ammo, or do they buy as it is needed?
Old 04-30-2018, 01:55 PM

Way to go hornady! :d
Old 04-30-2018, 03:26 PM

Okay, I'm going to adjust my buying habits to include Hornaday in a few more areas. I only use a few of their reloading supplies and some of their bullets. That is going to change.
Old 04-30-2018, 03:40 PM

Good job Hornady.