Hornady stands up to State of New York - Page 2 - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 04-30-2018, 04:54 PM

GONRA remembers a similar deal (at lest a decade ago!) relative to Barrett .50 BMG rifles in Kalifornia.

Have no idea how THAT ever verked out? Anybody No?

Last edited by GONRA; 04-30-2018 at 05:34 PM.
Old 04-30-2018, 05:07 PM

Bravo to Hornady!
Old 04-30-2018, 05:34 PM

Yes I do work for a small PD. Its a double edge sword. I have 12 yrs in and in 8 more I get my pension and can leave this God forsaken state. If it wasnt for my pension, Id be somewhere in the hills of TN. Sick of living behind enemy lines here and having liberal NYC voters dictate our upstate region. We do stock some ammo but its not like it used to be I heard. Years ago they would let you shoot whatever you wanted whenever with your issued pistol. Its much different now.
Old 04-30-2018, 06:42 PM

Good for you Steve Hornady. Thank you for standing up to NY!!! Am off to check out his web site
A man's rights rest in three boxes; the ballot box, jury box, and the cartridge box, Frederick Douglass
Old 04-30-2018, 08:11 PM

I just sent them an email.

================================================== =============

There was no appropriate support contact email on your website for my message. Just read your stance regarding the sale of products to the Government of the State of NY or any NY agencies. All I can say is BRAVO. I am so proud to be your customer.. Thank you deeply from all us law biding citizens throughout the US and not just NY. I just hope other manufacturers will display the same courage.

By the way, I will be buying your Lock-N-Load AP Automatic Press this summer. You've helped me make my decision easy. Thank you, again.
Old 04-30-2018, 09:40 PM

I would love to see others in the industry back up Hornaday. Let’s see how the state of NY feels when they can’t get ammo from any mfg.

--Thomas Jefferson
Old 05-01-2018, 07:57 AM

I respect Hornady for taking a much needed stand. Other manufacturers need to follow!

NRA Life Member
RSO
Old 05-01-2018, 08:03 AM

Question: If a small bakery can be sued for not selling to someone, can a bank be sued for the same reason?

Last edited by Average American; 05-01-2018 at 08:20 AM.
Old 05-01-2018, 08:52 AM

Way to go Hornady!! As a former NY'er (I fled NY State once I joined the USCG, retired, and settled in VA), I still have family in NY and no matter what, I refuse to go back - only to visit for a few days...
Old 05-01-2018, 01:53 PM

Hats off to Hornady.
Old 05-04-2018, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscharlie View Post
Now if other ammo manufacturers would just follow suit...
I'll second that.
Old 05-04-2018, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejr10mm View Post
Yes I do work for a small PD. Its a double edge sword. I have 12 yrs in and in 8 more I get my pension and can leave this God forsaken state. If it wasnt for my pension, Id be somewhere in the hills of TN. Sick of living behind enemy lines here and having liberal NYC voters dictate our upstate region. We do stock some ammo but its not like it used to be I heard. Years ago they would let you shoot whatever you wanted whenever with your issued pistol. Its much different now.
I would hope that Hornady makes this restriction known to their wholesalers as well. As kscharlie pointed out, ALL gun industries should tell NY where to stuff it.
Old 05-04-2018, 05:26 PM

Tortious interference, also known as intentional interference with contractual relations, in the common law of torts, occurs when one person intentionally damages someone else's contractual or business relationships with a third party causing economic harm.
Old 05-04-2018, 05:26 PM

Who bought hornady ammo today because of this? I did. We all should.

Last edited by La Granger-T; 05-04-2018 at 08:44 PM.
Old 05-05-2018, 07:01 AM

I agree wit most of these comments great job by Hornady hope to see more follow suit
Old 05-05-2018, 08:09 AM

This will help make my buying choice easier in the future.
Old 05-05-2018, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine Brat View Post
As kscharlie pointed out, ALL gun industries should tell NY where to stuff it.
in NY's vagina ?
Old 05-06-2018, 06:10 AM

I detest New Yawkistan. I HAFTA go to Buffalo on business once a year - sometimes twice. I'm taking a cooler of food, and I'm gassing up in Erie from now on. I'm not spending one more penny than I HAVE to in that God-forsaken hellhole.
Old 05-06-2018, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Average American View Post
Question: If a small bakery can be sued for not selling to someone, can a bank be sued for the same reason?
Great question. Somebody should definitely look into that.
Old 05-06-2018, 10:42 AM

Take a kid shooting. Introduce a friend to the firearms. Support the shooting sports via NRA and local Pistol/Rifle associations.

Buy a friend, family member, associate a one-year NRA membership! I've bought everyone I know a membership.

I grew up with 'NRA Eddie the Eagle'. Nowadays all I hear is the NRA are terrorists. Well paint me a Lifetime Endowment NRA supporter; but I'm no terrorist!

The MSM and the left stifle freedoms; they hate it, and they have no moral or ethical governance. Hence, they turn themselves over to the government to make these tough life decisions for them.

A firearm is but a tool. I can be trusted with said tool. Millions upon millions of others can as well.

Good job, Magpul.

Good job, Hornady.

Good job freedom loving Americans!
Old 05-06-2018, 10:51 AM

I would recommend going beyond the NRA if you can afford the membership. Many local or regional groups do good work as well, but don't see any press. Besides the NRA and NRA/ILA, I'm a member of GOAL (Gun Owners Action League) and JFPO (Jews for the Preservation of Firearms), and no - You don't have to be Jewish to join.
Old 05-06-2018, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911_Kid View Post
NY will just get their stuff from some other place and truck it in. We need all sellers to deny any sales to NY.

Just another NY tactic to make things harder.
Add NJ, Ca, Wa, Or, Pretty much all east and west coast states. Or better yet, they may consider offering a huge discount to Pro 2A states

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian48 View Post
I would recommend going beyond the NRA if you can afford the membership. Many local or regional groups do good work as well, but don't see any press. Besides the NRA and NRA/ILA, I'm a member of GOAL (Gun Owners Action League) and JFPO (Jews for the Preservation of Firearms), and no - You don't have to be Jewish to join.
You forgot to mention the most Pro 2A org. around, the GOA
Old 05-06-2018, 08:34 PM
Banned

After two year evaluation, FBI chooses Hornady Critical Duty 9mm 135g +p as their new duty load, congratulations Hornady!
Old 05-06-2018, 10:40 PM

Almost makes me want to open a bank that only deals with firearm, ammunition companies and the NRA. I wonder how fast liberal psychopaths would start torching my house and banks?
Old 05-07-2018, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8691 View Post
Almost makes me want to open a bank that only deals with firearm, ammunition companies and the NRA. I wonder how fast liberal psychopaths would start torching my house and banks?
Hopefully the interruption to daily life would be minimal because ...

You're working with an insurance company that only deals with firearm, ammunition and NRA members!

I would, though, like to see what you talk about; 100% conservative (pro guns, etc.) banks and companies that can stand alone and become funded by right minded persons.

Capitalism and the right to refuse business I support, for left or right, libs or conservatives.

Hate and malice, I cannot support. But instances such as the bakery and religious refusal to bake the gay cake; that makes sense.

Wish there were more options out there for Pro 2A and Conservatives for banking and business outlets that can advertise such, of course without fear of retribution.