1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2017, 09:24 AM

Dixie pawn video - 1911 used by GG

This isn't bloody but it does show one of the perps drop like a sack of potatoes after taking a round COM. I saw this on another forum but didn't see it here... a 1911 is used by the good guy, so I thought a link here would be appropriate.

https://bearingarms.com/bob-o/2017/0...-pawn-robbery/

Old 01-11-2017, 10:14 AM

Good shooting by the man behind the counter.

Having to draw against a drawn gun, and neutralized the perp. Looks like perp got a low shot off that shattered the glass counter.

A friend sent that to me in an email a few days ago. Happy ending!!
Old 01-11-2017, 10:51 AM

I've watched that video a few times. It looks like the GG got three shots off on the dead guy.

Damn fast splits if you ask me.

You know what I find ridiculous? People who use the word ridiculous and can't spell it. Alot is NOT A WORD. A lot is the opposite of a little.

Old 01-11-2017, 11:03 AM

What an Einstein! A stupid perp , gun drawn, goes into a gun store to rob it. The dead rat is a prime candidate for a Darin Award. I suppose the owner, at least by his commentary, will suffer some hard times as a result. And that is a terrible result. Me, I'd bill the family of the corpse for the window and any other damage. I would have no issues with sending trash back to the Creator. He has made some bad machines and I think it fair to send them home for adjustment or replacement.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure.” Thomas Jefferson
Old 01-11-2017, 11:45 AM

Seems that Bad Guy #1 had two guns & was drawing the second one (to look more Bad Ass?) when he got shot.
Old 01-11-2017, 12:14 PM

Interesting. Very instructive. Very quick.
Old 01-11-2017, 12:26 PM

It does illustrate and highlight the importance of a well placed shot. He was incapacitated before he even hit the floor.

Old 01-11-2017, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tootie View Post
I suppose the owner, at least by his commentary, will suffer some hard times as a result.
I haven't seen any commentary by the owner. Where did you find it? Why will he suffer hard times?

RSD
Old 01-11-2017, 02:28 PM

Nice self-defense shooting. Proof you can't hesitate, not for a split second.
Old 01-11-2017, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlesnakedaddy View Post
I haven't seen any commentary by the owner. Where did you find it? Why will he suffer hard times?

RSD
A reporter was trying to interview the owner and he seemed to be in a minor state of shock,couldn't articulate words to describe his feelings. I saw a genuine regret that he ended the pos. Small community in the south --feelings/opinions will be hard assed on both sides,southerners carry grudges (and pride) forever and will fight to the death over difference of opinion.
Old 01-11-2017, 02:52 PM
Administrator

There's already a thread on this in Armed Citizen, merged together from several other ones: https://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=710337
Avoid the temptation to replace everything on your brand-new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot at least 500 rounds through it first, then decide what you don't like and want to improve. Regarding vintage 1911s, pre-1946 pistols are highly collectible in original, unaltered condition and should NEVER be refinished or modified as it completely ruins their monetary value.

Last edited by dsk; 01-11-2017 at 03:26 PM.
Closed Thread