1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2018, 10:09 AM

Why did my FTG-05 account get deleted?

And especially why won't someone tell me why?

Monday or Tuesday, I tried to log on to 1911 forum using my FTG-05 username and password. Got a message that stated that either the username or password were invalid (paraphrasing). Checked my username and password on FF/Tools/Security and Passwords and they were correct. Still no joy.

Since then I've tried the following:

- Sent two e-mails to site admin via the "Contact Us" link; once on Tuesday, once on Wed. No response

- Finally re-registered as "FTG-06B" just so I could send the admin "vb1911admin" a PM. Did this yesterday or the day before. No response.

- Typed a "What happened to my FTG-05 account" to the site suggestions sub forum yesterday. It never showed up.

If you look up FTG-05 in the member's list, it doesn't exist (page 149 under the "Fs"), although FTG-06B does. Yet, there is no question that I've posted here; here is one thread I started as an example: https://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=906426

If you look at that thread, you'll see my username FTG-05 as "Guest" (which I guess is better than banned). You'll also see that my post count is shown as "N/A", even though I had about 35 posts before being apparently deleted.

So now I have a couple questions:

Why was my FTG-05 account deleted without warning, PM or an e-mail stating why? If it was because of some COC violation, I'm not aware of posting anything that would warrant being banned and/or an account being killed. If I did, post it or at least send me a PM so I can see what it was.

Why can't I get a simple answer or help in the above issue, despite numerous e-mails, PM and one post about it? Even if I got a hearty "FU", that would be better than nothing.

Anyone?
Old 02-02-2018, 03:14 PM
Administrator

Hey there,

Strange, looked in the backend and couldn't find the account under FTG-05.
I looked into the thread and it does seem odd. You were posting as a guest.
Do you have an email that you signed up with for that account?
We'll see if we can find an account under the email address.

Ed
Old 02-03-2018, 08:06 AM

Ed, there's another thread on this one, so you can probably delete/close this one due to it being a dupe.

I've been contacted by another vb, Erik, and he has my e-mail address plus several threads I started under my old name. So it's being worked.

Side issue: How many "vb"s are there? So far I've seen: Erik, Kevin and now Ed.

I'm just happy that I didn't get banannated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2018, 10:49 AM
Administrator

Thank you for the update

There are a few of us that use the account. The only ones you're missing are Niall, Lee, Kyle and me

Danniella
Closed Thread