Good News and Bummer......Fusion Conversion - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 01-30-2009, 01:26 PM

Good News and Bummer......Fusion Conversion

Awhile back I ordered a Fusion Scout in .38 Super from Fusion. Bob Serva was most helpful and professional in dealing with my order. The gun was done in a timely manner and it turned out very well. I am very pleased with it.

I then got the bright idea to get more bang for my buck and decided to have my own smith (local 1911 smith) fit a Kart Precision Wilson/Nowlin 9mm barrel. He does some nice work and that work usually results in a very accurate gun. At first he was not sure he could get the barrel in right away. He did some checking, found out they were currently available and ordered one in. Yeah.

But, he is currently so backed up he won't even get to think about starting on the work for another month or more. I know that is a short time frame for many of those doing or having 1911 work done but it is a bit longer than he usually is tied up. Also, I am a touch eager to have the 9mm barrel in place and that gun in hand to start testing out.

Edit: I forgot to mention, but it is probably already known by you all to factor in here, that he will also custom fit a barrel bushing (does that very well) to really give me a good accurate gun in hand with that new 9mm barrel in place.

More when she is done and running.

Last edited by mitrod3; 01-30-2009 at 03:02 PM.
Old 01-30-2009, 01:41 PM

Cool. Looking forward to hearing about that. I personally am on a custom list that is over a year long at one of the better builders...know how you feel.
Old 01-30-2009, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillwater View Post
Cool. Looking forward to hearing about that. I personally am on a custom list that is over a year long at one of the better builders...know how you feel.
I guess I am kind of spoiled as my local smith has more than enough work to keep him busy on a steady basis yet not so much that he does not usually get to a gun within a couple of weeks or so, usually, as he often has a few going at the same time depending upon what has to be done. He also has a very good assistant for some of the work. And, he does do nice 1911 work to boot.

Overall he is kind of laid back and I think actually independently wealthy so this is more of a side line than a real money maker for him.

Enjoy that gun of yours when the work is done.

Be safe, shoot well.

Last edited by mitrod3; 01-30-2009 at 02:39 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2009, 02:45 PM

Thanks for the nice comments, We pride ourselves in direct customer service and we work hard to help everyone out.
Thanks again for all the support!!
Old 01-30-2009, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rserva View Post
Thanks for the nice comments, We pride ourselves in direct customer service and we work hard to help everyone out.
Thanks again for all the support!!
Bob, you are more than welcome. You, your company and those working for you all do a fine job and rank very high on my list.

I intend to have that Fusion Scout .38 Super back at the range with me this weekend for a real good shooting session.

Down the line I may be back to you for another gun build.

Be safe, shoot well.

Last edited by mitrod3; 01-30-2009 at 03:01 PM.