Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 03-28-2020, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TominMO View Post
Here is what the word "temporary" can mean:

WW2 temporary barracks still around at Fort Lost in the Woods, MO. In 1983 at Fort Bragg, NC our company used these temporary barracks as our HQ.
Income taxes were "temporary".
Old 03-29-2020, 09:59 AM

I didn't buy a gun Friday evening, I sold one. Actually about 6:30 Friday evening.
Old 03-29-2020, 03:22 PM

Never let truth get in the way of a good rumor.
Old 03-29-2020, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TominMO View Post
Here is what the word "temporary" can mean:

WW2 temporary barracks still around at Fort Lost in the Woods, MO. In 1983 at Fort Bragg, NC our company used these temporary barracks as our HQ.
Just to clarify, there's a difference between "temporary " and "life cycle". Speaking for the FT Bragg barracks and work space, they were built in the early years of WWII. They were designed with a 25 year service life. My grandfather lived in one in 1942, have a picture of him, with the building number. In 2003, I lived in one of those buildings for 2 months- as fate would have it, the SAME buildings that my grandfather lived in back in 1942.... i worked out of one in 2007.
They're all gone now.... but they did outlive their programmed service life....
I must study politics and war, that our sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. Our sons ought to study mathematics and philosophy, geography, natural history and naval architecture, navigation, commerce and agriculture in order to give their children a right to study painting, poetry, music, architecture, statuary, tapestry and porcelain. ~ John Adams
Old 03-30-2020, 01:27 PM

NICS remains open here in FL. FFL called in for authorization at 1300 today, receive authorization to proceed at 1311, a whopping 11 minutes later, I walked out with my new pistol.
Old 03-30-2020, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by US1911 View Post
NICS remains open here in FL. FFL called in for authorization at 1300 today, receive authorization to proceed at 1311, a whopping 11 minutes later, I walked out with my new pistol.
Man, that's much better than March last year, it took 20 minutes to get my Colt @ nexus.
-----------------------^--------
Member NRA, GOA, SAF, VCDL, FL Carry, USCCA
Old 04-01-2020, 11:42 AM

Another vote against universal background checks. I haven't asked the .gov for permission to exercise my 2A and I'll never do so. Buying used isn't that bad at all.
Old 04-01-2020, 01:55 PM

I picked up a gun on Monday, two days ago at 11am.
Everything went fine and quick. No issues at all.
COTEP#782
Old 04-02-2020, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glider View Post
OK, get back with me Monday, we'll see who the genius is. I actually have an FFL and I actually do NICS checks, don't you think that if an e-mail like that had been sent out I would have gotten it. Some of you guys are worse than a bunch of old women.
More like Chicken Little.
Like almost every computer system they occasionally have hardware failures, let alone software failures.

The Government rarely hires the best coders to develop and write their software.
And the Government Supervision on these jobs is often garbage.

They have no real idea if what is important and needs to be identified in proposals by the Contractors.

Has the FAA EVER had a SW job go smoothly?
I worked at a large classified EW company for many years.
We gave up on even looking over FAA 'Requests for Proposal' ('RFP') in the Official Records.

The FAA could not even understand some of the shortcomings we pointed out in their RFPs.
And over and over we watched and heard of the failures in development.
At the time C (the original version) was just coming into wide use outside academia.
One of its powers was the ability to treat almost any data as an undefined item.You could perform logical operations on characters.
Something hard to do without some intermediate steps in more rigid languages.
Try adding characters together in FORTRAN.
Or even using an exclusive or function on a character string.
Not without 'declaring' the character as a number.
And looking up a numerical value in an ASCII to binary table.