1911Forum banner

Considering used PC1911 170343

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  HeavyAssault 
#1 ·
Anyone with multiple 1911's have some additional guidance/opinions about the PC1911 170343??

I've been reading several threads that seemingly have the same great response to the PC1911 lineup to include this model. The one I'm looking at is a mid-year 2017 production, some coating wear on the barrel along the ejection port. On my first handling I wasn't "inspecting" the pistol, just wanted to give it a 30 second look over for glaring issues/defects. If I understand correctly several discussions talked about how to check the barrel/looseness of the pistol. Anything else that I should focus on to make sure of it's condition?? The lady did show me a barrel tool that was in the box, so it seems as all the accessories are there.

I'd dig into the pricing conversation/discussion as this pistol is at a pawn shop. Knowing the market out there, and my local area I think I can get them to drop down some bucks to sell it. I doubt my area has tons of people running out to snag a used 1911 for over $1000. With taxes I'd like to be out the door at $950, lower than that would be a great deal in my mind.

Thanks in advance for your replies!

#2 ·
S&w pc 1911 sku#170343

Hello there. I purchased mine new in May 2015. From the moment I first set my eyes on them from Shot Show 2013 I wanted one. I ordered mine in December 2014 and waited 6 months to get it. It's been fantastic. Other than the fragile black coating on the barrel that quickly wore off I've been very happy with it. Mine has been laser accurate with my handloads. Mine has an odd quirk with aftermarket magazines. Wilson 47D's that function flawlessly in every other 1911 that I own won't function reliably in this pistol. The S&W magazines that came with the pistol have been flawless and since buying the pistol, I've bought 2 more S&W magazines for a total of 4. I have since replaced the blue plastic grips but kept them. I prefer checkered wood anyway. Pictured beside my Colt Gold Cup Trophy, dollar for dollar the S&W was a better buy when you factor in the added features the S&W has as standard. There's no discernible difference in accuracy between them. A great buy, I would buy it again.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.