1911Forum banner

Remington high polish> finally

1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  RON K. 
#1 ·
Ordered it on July 22nd.So I guess I can call it the Dillinger Special, they finally after a year or longer are getting them out there. I bought a 300 buck pair of custom skull {green cat's eye's grips for it}way before I located the gun. Should be nice when its all together.I considered a Colt but when I found out the price of over 2000 bucks, The Remington will do.at $1,000 with grip cost.

LOVE the Colts. but not at over double the price...seems by what I have seen they do a nice polish finish job. RON K.

#3 ·
Yes they told me will ship sometime this week.I really think the grips which are a little dark with the green cats eye inserts in the skull's will set off the nice high polish finish.

already have a set of imitation ivory with U.S.M.C. bulldog on the matte finish one. And a set of real Ivory on a Colt U.S.M.C. edition. So yes you can say its a sickness.
however a fun one.
RON K.

#4 ·
Delivered today and all I can say when opened outstanding, A Alabama manufacture, No razor sharp edges like a Colt, in fact a great job on the polish and metal fit. With changing the grips out I am totally pleased with the buy. and #28 number was pretty cool..two mags included.:)I know some like the rough and tumble 45's Yeah I have those also. This one is a case gun for display. In Honor of my Black Bombay Burmese.

I guess I can call it now a Kat's Meow 45 instead of the J.D. Special
So no complaints from me on Remington. good stuff.:)

RON K.

#8 ·
Heck you can't even handle it w/o latex gloves. its like a forensic lab. They had it oiled down well in green paper wrap.{I think it was 100 dollar bill's }

Will change out the grips. and make sure to not bugger up the screw heads. have to get a wood glass case deal. Since a pouch in the safe won't do it.

There is also a tag included that says SHOW ME OFF! In the green Remington box. It does make the matte Remington stainless I have look dull:bawling:

in all my years I have had very few shiny ones'.. because they are a pain to handle and mess with. You either show them, Or handle and bang up and shoot the crap out of like a mex cartel guy! Had a Hi-Power like that Sold it
Well back to the BOX and that correct magnetic Screwdriver.

RON K.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.