Biden wants to put Beto O'Rourke in charge of gun control - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 03-02-2020, 09:56 PM

Biden wants to put Beto O'Rourke in charge of gun control

Biden got a endorsement from anti-gun Beto O;Rouke today at his rally. if he wins he will put Beto in charge of gun control.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bid...ar-endorsement

Remember Beto was the one who said, "Hell yes, we want to take your guns".
Old 03-02-2020, 10:01 PM

Well that is encouraging news!

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlwb View Post
Biden got a endorsement from anti-gun Beto O;Rouke today at his rally. if he wins he will put Beto in charge of gun control.

Something along the lines of the inmates are running the asylum comes to mind.
Old 03-02-2020, 10:31 PM

When O'Rourke sought Ted Cruz' Senate seat, he told Texans that they could keep their AR15 (etc.) rifles. He was adamant about this, repeating it again and again. He stated, adamantly, that he "only" sought to discontinue future sales of such.

Months later, on the national stage, he stated "hell yes we'll take it".

The man has no integrity.

(Not that his adamant statements earlier were acceptable; they were not. But now we also know that his promised word is worthless).

"Freedom is only a temporary thing unless it is backed by the blunt capability and willingness to fight back against evil with sufficient arms." -- Myself

Last edited by chrysanthemum; 03-02-2020 at 10:37 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2020, 10:35 PM
Administrator

Quote:
The moment was yet another headache for Biden as he struggles to appeal to gun owners.
Well, he's going to keep struggling. He and all the other Democrap twits have made it quite clear that they're our enemies. At least O'Rourke was honest about his ambitions.
Avoid the temptation to replace everything on your brand-new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot at least 500 rounds through it first, then decide what you don't like and want to improve. Regarding vintage 1911s, pre-1970 pistols are highly collectible in original, unaltered condition and should NEVER be refinished or modified as it completely ruins their monetary value.
Old 03-02-2020, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsk View Post
.... At least O'Rourke was honest about his ambitions.
On national stage, running for President, yes. And I know that that's what's the central point is here. You're entirely correct.

But, as a footnote, to Texans earlier, he was not honest (my post above). The man's word, at least to Texas gun owners, has proven to be worthless.

It's hard to be worse than "hell yes we'll take it", but if it's possible to be worse, O'Rourke qualities via his dishonesty. He lied repeatedly in a bid to deceive a few naive gun owners to vote for him (over Ted Cruz).

"Freedom is only a temporary thing unless it is backed by the blunt capability and willingness to fight back against evil with sufficient arms." -- Myself

Last edited by chrysanthemum; 03-02-2020 at 10:55 PM.
Old 03-02-2020, 10:54 PM
Adminstrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrysanthemum View Post
When O'Rourke sought Ted Cruz' Senate seat, he told Texans that they could keep their AR15 (etc.) rifles. He was adamant about this, repeating it again and again. He stated, adamantly, that he "only" sought to discontinue future sales of such.

The man has no integrity.[IMG class=inlineimg]https://forums.1911forum.com/images/smilies/pukehead.gif[/IMG]

(Not that his adamant statements earlier were acceptable; they were not. But now we also know that his promised word is worthless).
He has no integrity because he is not a man.
Old 03-02-2020, 11:31 PM

Tomorrow Texans can vote for what they really want. Should be interesting.

Fewer than 300 Navy Seals served in Vietnam. I've met all fifty thousand of them.
Old 03-02-2020, 11:39 PM

Unfortunately, today, too many "Texans" were California leftists, New York leftists, or similar just a short time ago.

I see "vote for xxx Progressive Democrat" signs all over Austin. U-Haul lots are overflowing with "newcomers" evacuating places where they've created a leftist leaning society. You'd think that they would be able to connect the dots, learn a lesson, but they cannot... leftism seems a chronic disease.

Thankfully that's not the case everywhere in Texas, not the case in my N.Texas home, but it's an ominous harbinger and a sign that things aren't the same as years ago.

Last edited by chrysanthemum; 03-02-2020 at 11:49 PM.
Old 03-03-2020, 01:10 AM

I am kind of thinking that the honest word from a politician.

Quote:
The man's word, at least to Texas gun owners, has proven to be worthless.

It's hard to be worse than "hell yes we'll take it", but if it's possible to be worse, O'Rourke qualities via his dishonesty. He lied repeatedly in a bid to deceive a few naive gun owners to vote for him (over Ted Cruz).
Has pretty much gone the way of the Dodo. Increasingly it seems that in order for a real solution to a problem to actually present itself, and even more to actually be brought to fruition. That it will require personal involvement, as in up front and in their faces. Apathy is the ally of evil. And to sound even more wise than I can legitimately take credit for. I will parrot a phrase most of us are well acquainted with.

"In order for evil to triumph. All that needs to happen is for good men to do nothing."
Old 03-03-2020, 05:07 AM

These dirt-bags are going to fail big in Nov. The fact that they are so bold and open about their evil ideology (guns, but also well beyond guns) is a great thing for us.
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper
Old 03-03-2020, 05:34 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Unfortunately, today, too many "Texans" were California leftists, New York leftists, or similar just a short time ago.

I see "vote for xxx Progressive Democrat" signs all over Austin. U-Haul lots are overflowing with "newcomers" evacuating places where they've created a leftist leaning society. You'd think that they would be able to connect the dots, learn a lesson, but they cannot... leftism seems a chronic mental and spiritual disease.

Thankfully that's not the case everywhere in Texas, not the case in my N.Texas home, but it's an ominous harbinger and a sign that things aren't the same as years ago.
Fixed it for you; happy to help!

Army M.P. 1971 - 1972
Wilsons: Several; Kimbers: 10mm (Wilsonized), .38S (Wilson barrel)
Old 03-03-2020, 06:38 AM

The violence problem in this country is NOT about guns.

We do not need a "gun control" council, or any other government interference in our gun rights.

If Joe Biden were an honest man, he'd be railing about the out of control drug problem, not guns.
Old 03-03-2020, 07:35 AM
Adminstrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
The violence problem in this country is NOT about guns.

We do not need a "gun control" council, or any other government interference in our gun rights.

If Joe Biden were an honest man, he'd be railing about the out of control drug problem, not guns.
Clearly you missed the 4D memo.
Old 03-03-2020, 10:40 AM

Biden should review the tape on O'Rourke's gun control rant that caused a huge pushback that IMOA knocked him out of the presidential race! “Hell yes,” he said, “we’re going to take your AR-15.”
Old 03-03-2020, 10:42 AM
Adminstrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Out View Post
Biden should review the tape on O'Rourke's gun control rant that caused a huge pushback that IMOA knocked him out of the presidential race! “Hell yes,” he said, “we’re going to take your AR-15.”
Review tape? Why? Two peas in a pod. 4Ds.
Old 03-03-2020, 02:33 PM

What was that really bad cartoon again?

Beavis and Butthead I think. Perfect for a Democratic ticket.
Old 03-03-2020, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMM guy View Post
Beavis and Butthead I think. Perfect for a Democratic ticket.
Precisely. Funny how they tough-talk how they will beat Trump and destroy the NRA. None of the Democraps have a plan for the betterment of the nation but they run on who can beat Trump and who is tougher on gun control.
Old 03-03-2020, 03:18 PM
Adminstrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolymerMan View Post
Precisely. Funny how they tough-talk how they will beat Trump and destroy the NRA. None of the Democraps have a plan for the betterment of the nation but they run on who can beat Trump and who is tougher on gun control.
Very understandable however. They know they can not take the country where they want it to go with an armed and self-reliant populace. And they are also very adept at dividing the country. In this case, they separate the wheat from the chaff by invoking "GUNS Scary"!
Old 03-03-2020, 03:20 PM

I have a feeling O'Rourke will be Biden's pick for VP , to get the clueless 18-25yr old votes.
Old 03-03-2020, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkk41 View Post
I have a feeling O'Rourke will be Biden's pick for VP , to get the clueless 18-25yr old votes.
Nah, it will be Pete Buttigieg. He gets the same demographic and more with that pick.
Old 03-03-2020, 03:24 PM

The blind leading the stupid.

"Hell yeah I'm coming after your guns...……."

Go ahead Beto, make my day...…...
Old 03-03-2020, 03:26 PM

Quote:

The man has no integrity.

He's a democrat, does this surprise you? Integrity is not seen as an attribute, it is seen as a character fault amongst the left in this country
Old 03-03-2020, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlwb View Post

That idiot Biden went ahead and opened Buhthole’s coffin.
Old 03-03-2020, 05:16 PM

Not surprising...

Bernie says he wants to legalize pot throughout the country. A primary benefit would be that black kids in the ghetto could start businesses selling drugs, legally.

What an inspirational message for black/brown/white families.....Forget college or the trades. Your kid should aspire to be a drug dealer. Go Bernie....

The Democrat workers paradise will really be something.

Guns? We don't need no stinking guns.....the drugs will be legal.
Got it?...
Old 03-03-2020, 05:21 PM
Adminstrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefootdog View Post
Not surprising...

Bernie says he wants to legalize pot throughout the country. A primary benefit would be that black kids in the ghetto could start businesses selling drugs, legally.

What an inspirational message for black/brown/white families.....Forget college or the trades. Your kid should aspire to be a drug dealer. Go Bernie....

The Democrat workers paradise will really be something.

Guns? We don't need no stinking guns.....the drugs will be legal.
Got it?...
All part of the 4Ds.