Tisas Improvement Serial Number Cutoff? - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 04-03-2020, 06:47 PM

Tisas Improvement Serial Number Cutoff?

I regularly hear that Tisas has made some upgrade improvements in their Regent BR9 to include the firing pin retainer plate, extractor and barrel. Does anyone know what serial number that these alleged changes were implemented? Being proactive, I changed mine anyway with the BHSS reliability package and I also added a TR Enabling barrel. Nay a problem or hiccup with various types of ammo manufactures and bullet weights!
Old 04-03-2020, 07:44 PM

From a few threads on the BR9s, for some reason I also thought I read that they actually did not make changes to the failed parts as they claim there were so few failures.

In the first two quotes LKCI is stating a lifetime warranty and no known date for part improvments, but in the last quote, LKCI was saying only a one year warranty and they would not replace parts after one year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry799 View Post
I spoke with LKCI today and asked about replacement parts on the Regent HiPower that might be defective. The gentleman I spoke with indicated that Tisas had made changes to the reported bad parts, but were not sure where the cutoff was for the bad production. As such, he indicated it has a lifetime warranty for any parts that fail. But at the present time they are limiting their replacement of extractors / firing pin stops to Tisas owners with actual broken parts. They won't be issuing any replacement parts on weapon parts that are not broken. He also indicated that Tisasa felt that it was a very small number of defective parts that made it into firearms that were sold.

Regardless, I honestly was only going to keep them for backup spares anyway. Because the original parts might be defective, I didn't trust the replacement parts either. I already replaced all the parts found to be defective by Slav with original FN parts.,
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddSig View Post
Just heard back from Gursel at LKCI as well, same response,

[email protected]

Hi Todd,

The parts failures were sporadic and very minimal. The manufacturer couldn't identify them by the serial numbers. Your pistol has a lifetime warranty for manufacturing defects. However, the parts will not be replaced unless they are defective. Thanks.

Office: 740-763-0027
E-Mail: [email protected]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Flynn View Post
Mine hit the 3000 round mark last weekend and the extractor finally broke on me.

Bad news was LKCI wouldn't send me a replacement. Their excuse was they only offered a 1 year warranty and I'd bought mine a year and a 1/2 ago.

Good news is I'd gotten the BHSS Tisa Reliability kit when they 1st came out, installed that this week and ran 150 rounds no issues.

I'm kinda PO'd with LKCI though, I was going to get the SS version down the road but now I think I'll pass.....
Old 04-03-2020, 07:52 PM

LKCI never did send me a replacement for my broken extractor.
My BR9SS still runs and looks great.