Sig p365 - Page 3 - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 06-02-2020, 06:00 AM

the latest craze is putting the 365 slide on the 365XL grip module = perfect gun. Lots of videos on youtube reviewing it. Sig had better crank up production because the XL grip is sold out
Old 06-02-2020, 09:09 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumblur View Post
the latest craze is putting the 365 slide on the 365XL grip module = perfect gun. Lots of videos on youtube reviewing it. Sig had better crank up production because the XL grip is sold out
I joined the crazed. Got my XL grip this afternoon. Too busy and too tired tonight to swap the fire control unit. Hope to sneak a few minutes in the morning to do the swap.
Old 06-02-2020, 09:48 PM

Gotta ask why? The longer barrel is no harder to conceal, has a longer sight distance, and higher velocity. It's the grip length that adds to concealment issues. What are you gaining?
Old 06-02-2020, 10:02 PM
Super Moderator

It's a $40 experiment. Don't want another gun, just want a little longer grip that fills my hand. Not concern about losing concealability, it's still a small gun, a lot smaller than a baby 1911.
Old 06-02-2020, 10:31 PM

Yah I don't get it, the 365 is only cool because it's small. And for grip length the 12 round mags make them the same height.
Old 06-02-2020, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Expert View Post
So for you P365 owners, how are you carrying it??
Dale Fricke Archangel, appendix... Extremely comfortable and conceals nicely. I really like the Archangel appendix for my EDC rotation (VP9sk and occasionally still an XDs as well).
Old 06-02-2020, 11:45 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by markm View Post
Yah I don't get it, the 365 is only cool because it's small. And for grip length the 12 round mags make them the same height.
The problem with the 12-round extended mag in the P365 frame is that fast mag changes are problematic. Your hand overhangs the frame and interferes with dumping the old mag out and reinserting a fresh mag. Having the longer XL frame solves that problem.

Personally I prefer to carry my P365 with the 10-rounder and flat baseplate simply to get the smallest profile possible for pocket carry. If I were to hip carry I'd use the pinky-rest floorplate and then use the 12-rounder for my reload. Of course I am a very short individual and need the smallest possible package for concealment. Most guys are over 6' these days and find it much easier to carry a pistol with a longer grip.
Avoid the temptation to replace everything on your brand-new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot at least 500 rounds through it first, then decide what you don't like and want to improve. Regarding vintage 1911s, pre-1970 pistols are highly collectible in original, unaltered condition and should NEVER be refinished or modified as it completely ruins their monetary value.
Old 06-06-2020, 08:45 PM

NDZPerformance

For those who are using the 10 round magazine you might want to try NDZPerformance.com. They sell a mag extender for the 10 rounders, you donít get more rounds but they give a better grip. I have put them on both of mine and it does help.
Old 06-09-2020, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACPIT View Post
For those who are using the 10 round magazine you might want to try NDZPerformance.com. They sell a mag extender for the 10 rounders, you donít get more rounds but they give a better grip. I have put them on both of mine and it does help.
Why bother, get a 12 round mag, 'mag extender' included, no extra cost!
Old 06-09-2020, 07:31 AM

Love my 365. I got the one with the safety.
Old 06-09-2020, 10:20 AM
Administrator

I bought both of mine before the version with the safety was available. I wanted one with it, but at the time SIG kept pushing back the release date and I finally got fed up waiting. Maybe if there's a sale after all the current madness dies down I might have to get a third one.
Avoid the temptation to replace everything on your brand-new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot at least 500 rounds through it first, then decide what you don't like and want to improve. Regarding vintage 1911s, pre-1970 pistols are highly collectible in original, unaltered condition and should NEVER be refinished or modified as it completely ruins their monetary value.
Old 06-13-2020, 11:21 PM

I have a sig 365 XL for carry and fits my hand well ,love 15 round magazine .
Old 06-14-2020, 08:01 AM

My P365 is still a 'pocket gun' for me, I bought a Milt Sparks Summer Special holster, wow, this thing is super easy to carry with that combo. Gotta look into getting a 12 round mag since holster carry allows that. Not sure it will become a 'main' carry, I'm still more accurate with my EMP4 and 5" 1911....wonder if the triggers have a little to do with the accuracy. The P365 is quite accurate IF I take my time, I guess single action triggers have made me a bit lazy. I guess I'll have to go to the range and practice some more, maybe an IDPA match or three will help!
Old 06-14-2020, 09:51 AM

My main CCW is the P365, no safety, 12 rd mag, in a Concealment Express kydex holster carried left appendix. Secondary if I can't do the main one is a Springfield 911 .380, the cheapest one, in the DeSantis pocket holster. The 365 actually fits in there too if I really wanted to be carrying that gun. Both guns have backup mags carried in a pocket--15 rds for the 365, 7 for the 911.

Both guns have grip enhancement. The 365 has a Hogue grip sleeve, and the 911 has an aftermarket Hogue rubber grip. I can shoot either with the stock grips, but these improvements and mag pinky extensions really make them work for me.

I like appendix because:
it is easy to carry there
gives max control over the weapon
you can't fall on your back or side and hurt yourself with it
it conceals pretty well there
super-easy to access while in your car.

Perfectly safe to do this if the index finger knows where it's supposed to be.
Attached Thumbnails
Sig 365 Spfld 911.JPG  
Equal opportunity, not equal outcome.
Old 06-14-2020, 12:00 PM

My problem with handgun fit is the opposite of most people. I have small hands so I end up having to adapt to just about any handgun I pick up. OTOH, because of that I'm actually able to pick up about any HG and be comfortable with it.
Old 06-17-2020, 01:38 AM

Have both the P365 and the XL model. Love them both but carry the smaller version in a Black Hawk "Junkdrawer" tuckin holster. Works great. Use cross draw position.
Old 06-17-2020, 08:51 PM

Because mine came with 2 twelve rounders and 2 ten rounds. Didn’t want to throw the ten rounders away and I like more grip purchase than the two ten rounders provided. Oh yeah I did purchase 3 more twelve rounders.
Old 06-18-2020, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Expert View Post
So for you P365 owners, how are you carrying it??
In one of these...

Canít really add to what others have said, but if you buy one, make room for more...P365, P365 NRA, P365 SAS, P365 XL w/optic...and now I see an NRA P365XL calling to me...sigh...
NRA Patriot Life Endowment - 11/21/17